My thoughts on purge of Dalaran (spoilers)

25 Blood Elf Paladin
12/20/2012 07:02 AMPosted by Ximothy
So the Gunship totally wasn't there, huh?

Considering the Horde gunship sustained heavy damage from the Alliance, no it wasn't.

BTW Vyrin you are being awfully rude. A person likes a video, and you make a rude remark about them liking it. Seriously, learn manners, being a fan boy is no excuse to be rude.

I reserve the right to call out Deathisfinal and Threeslotbag on their nonsense every time they bring some up.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
12/20/2012 07:20 AMPosted by Vyrin
I reserve the right to call out Deathisfinal and Threeslotbag on their nonsense every time they bring some up.

Deathisfinal was saying how the video is raising her pity level for the Blood elves and Forsaken is some how nonsense? Death never claimed it to be lore, Death was simply saying how she found it sad and you jumped in and accused her of sprouting 'nonsense' and 'fanfic' despite never saying that.

12/20/2012 07:20 AMPosted by Vyrin
Considering the Horde gunship sustained heavy damage from the Alliance, no it wasn't.

Also, the ones who killed Arthas are described as ''Argent Champions'' and never as ''Alliance Champions". It's entirely possible that Horde members were among them, lore never said it was made up of Alliance races.
Edited by Ximothy on 12/20/2012 7:29 AM PST
Reply Quote
25 Blood Elf Paladin
12/20/2012 07:25 AMPosted by Ximothy
Also, the ones who killed Arthas are described as ''Argent Champions'' and never as ''Alliance Champions". It's entirely possible that Horde members were among them, lore never said it was made up of Alliance races.

Not possible considering the Gunship battle, and we know as of Sylvanas' short story (and the implication in The Shattering) that the Alliance was the one at the Frozen Throne when Arthas fell.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
12/20/2012 07:35 AMPosted by Vyrin
Not possible considering the Gunship battle, and we know as of Sylvanas' short story (and the implication in The Shattering) that the Alliance was the one at the Frozen Throne when Arthas fell.

Well, if I was Tiriion, I wouldn't let Sylvanas know either. But the Argent Champions, if it was mixed race, could've just gone the same way that Tirion did. You are making it sound like it's impossible for the Horde to be there, when it's really not.
Reply Quote
62 Orc Death Knight

Lorthemar has had enough. He is assembling the Blood Mages, whose power has recently skyrocketed thanks to the addition of the Sunreavers into their ranks. The Blood Knights are ready for blood. The Rangers have been gathered as well. Not sure what he is planning, but it is something big.

I am interested on what is his big plan as well but at least we don't have to wait long cause according to Kosak "Lor'themar's plans will be clear once 5.2 starts!".
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
12/20/2012 07:25 AMPosted by Ximothy

I just want to clarify the wording here...

The Argent Crusade is a neutral faction, yes? Therefore, wouldn't its members be Argent Crusaders, -not- Horde or Alliance members? If an orc or a human choose to join this neutral faction, don't they leave their previous faction?

So, if those were "Argent Champions", wouldn't that mean there wasn't either Horde -or- Alliance there?

Or are the leaders of the Alliance and Horde happy to have dual citizenship over a person whose new job is to be friendly to the faction we're at war with?

Basically, does one's race determine their affiliation (orc = Horde and human = Alliance no matter what), or does their allegiance?
Reply Quote
25 Blood Elf Paladin
12/20/2012 07:40 AMPosted by Ximothy
But the Argent Champions, if it was mixed race, could've just gone the same way that Tirion did. You are making it sound like it's impossible for the Horde to be there, when it's really not.

It wasn't.

There is literally nothing whatsoever to suggest that "Argent champions" of both factions cleared Icecrown Citadel. Blizzard has never suggested it and in fact it flies in the face of everything we know about the raid. Stop acting as though it was "both factions" when everything we know indicates it was the Alliance.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Seriously, learn manners

Please do, and stop jumping in discussion just to derail topics.

A person likes a video, and you make a rude remark about them liking it.

Just ignore his trolling

The vid really reminds me that the Blood/High Elves were almost wiped completely out, and that Prince Arthas and friends demolished and then cursed Lordaeron.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
12/20/2012 07:50 AMPosted by Vyrin
There is literally nothing whatsoever to suggest that "Argent champions" of both factions cleared Icecrown Citadel. Blizzard has never suggested it and in fact it flies in the face of everything we know about the raid. Stop acting as though it was "both factions" when everything we know indicates it was the Alliance.

Alright, I'll conceed the point about ICC.

See? I can admits to being wrong. I'm also tired, it's 2:30 in the morn where I am
Reply Quote
25 Blood Elf Paladin
12/20/2012 07:50 AMPosted by Deathisfinal
Prince Arthas and friends demolished and then cursed Lordaeron.

He sure did. That's why it was the Alliance who killed him and not the Horde, because it's only Alliance races that have a stake in killing him and it's only Alliance races who have personal history with him.

To the Horde it's just big bad guy du jour, but to the Alliance he's the despoiler of their ancestral lands and the betrayer and murderer of thousands of Alliance civilians.

That's why Bolvar gives a big speech about it at the Wrathgate while the Horde takes a side seat.
Edited by Vyrin on 12/20/2012 8:02 AM PST
Reply Quote
62 Orc Death Knight

Alliance races that have a stake in killing him and it's only Alliance races who have personal history with him.

The blood elves and the forsaken would like a word with you.
Edited by Kazgro on 12/20/2012 8:06 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
He sure did. That's why it was the Alliance who killed him and not the Horde, because it's only Alliance races that have a stake in killing him and it's only Alliance races who have personal history with him.

To the Horde it's just big bad guy du jour, but to the Alliance he's the despoiler of their ancestral lands and the betrayer and murderer of thousands of Alliance civilians.

WoW. You really just ignored the entire Quel'Thalas, as well as the Forsaken. Seriously, man, what the hell? Saying the Horde have no reason to go after the Lich King.

What's worse is that you ignore Death's first half of the sentance and only glorified the second.
Edited by Ximothy on 12/20/2012 8:08 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Went out of my way to kill every single blood elf in Dalaran, but then they respawn and I was a little disappointed.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
12/20/2012 08:07 AMPosted by Musubi
Went out of my way to kill every single blood elf in Dalaran, but then they respawn and I was a little disappointed.

Congratulations, that makes you a murderer of innocent people who were neither resisting nor did they help Silverthorn.

What will you do next? ''holds mic to Mushbi''
Reply Quote
25 Blood Elf Paladin
12/20/2012 08:04 AMPosted by Kazgro
The blood elves and the forsaken would like a word with you.

The Blood Elves and Forsaken have always spent far more time killing humans and complaining about humans and blaming humans for things than they have the Scourge, and in the case of the Forsaken, their stake in defeating the Scourge was more in the sense of rivalry.

12/20/2012 08:07 AMPosted by Ximothy
WoW. You really just ignored the entire Quel'Thalas, as well as the Forsaken. Seriously, man, what the hell? Saying the Horde have no reason to go after the Lich King.

No I didn't. I considered them just as much as I did everyone else. The conclusion is the same as I had for the Orcs; no real stake in killing him as evidenced by their actions.

For every Scourge the Forsaken have slain, they've killed a dozen humans. So yeah, the idea that they have as big a stake in taking out Arthas as the Alliance does is nonsense as shown by their actions.

Of course, one should also keep in mind that the Forsaken didn't exist until long after Arthas left the Eastern Kingdoms.

12/20/2012 08:07 AMPosted by Ximothy
What's worse is that you ignore Death's first half of the sentance and only glorified the second.

That's because Death's first sentence didn't warrant a response.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
12/20/2012 08:14 AMPosted by Vyrin
That's because Death's first sentence didn't warrant a response.

''The vid really reminds me that the Blood/High Elves were almost wiped completely out, and that Prince Arthas and friends demolished and then cursed Lordaeron.''

it states that both Quel'Thalas and Lordaeron was devastated by Arthas. Instead of aknowledging it, you ignore the first half to nelget the Blood elves' claim to Arthas's head, and just spoke of Lordaeron.

Quel'Thalas lost 90% of their population, their Sacred SunWell, their capital City, their King and lost their magic connection. All to Arthas. How does this not warrent Blood elves the right to kill Arthas?

12/20/2012 08:14 AMPosted by Vyrin
The Blood Elves and Forsaken have always spent far more time killing humans and complaining about humans and blaming humans for things than they have the Scourge

What? Original WoW's quests, Forsaken spoke of their hatred for the Scourge, their lust for Revenge and their seering desire for Arthas's head. As someone who played through the Original WoW's Forsaken zones, they expressed their hatred of the Scourge far more than their hatred of the Alliance.

And Blood elves, from memory, never gave out quests to kill humans in mass numbers like you are implying.
Reply Quote
25 Blood Elf Paladin
12/20/2012 08:23 AMPosted by Ximothy
Quel'Thalas lost 90% of their population, their Sacred SunWell, their capital City, their King and lost their magic connection. All to Arthas. How does this not warrent Blood elves the right to kill Arthas?

Because by the time of WotLK they had all of that back and according to the protesters in Silvermoon they blame the Alliance more than the Scourge because Arthas was human.

12/20/2012 08:23 AMPosted by Ximothy
What? Original WoW's quests, Forsaken spoke of their hatred for the Scourge, their lust for Revenge and their seering desire for Arthas's head. As someone who played through the Original WoW's Forsaken zones, they expressed their hatred of the Scourge far more than their hatred of the Alliance.

And then they proceeded to completely ignore the Scourge in favor of killing Humans. This was constant even through WotLK. Combine that with the fact that they enjoy undeath and yeah, I'll laugh in the face of the notion that they wanted "revenge." Maybe they wanted to eliminate a rival, but "revenge" was never a factor.

And pragmatic removal of rivals isn't as interesting as losing things and then avenging their loss like the Alliance's stake was.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
12/20/2012 08:10 AMPosted by Ximothy

Congratulations, that makes you a murderer of innocent people who were neither resisting nor did they help Silverthorn.

What will you do next? ''holds mic to Mushbi''

Golden Lotus dailies. Ain't that a !@#$%?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
12/20/2012 08:01 AMPosted by Vyrin

You're in left field.

Why are you talking about the Alliance getting the killing blow on the LK? The OP mentioned how she has pity for the Blood Elves because of how much they suffered in WC3. I agree the Blood/High Elves suffered a lot in WC3 similar to another one of my favorite factions.

Watching the vid I linked makes me feel the sorrow of WC3 for many factions, the BE's and Forsaken more so. I can understand the OP's reluctance of wanting to kill certain faction because of what happened in WC3.

If you want to talk about killing blows and such open a different thread and we can discuss it there.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Golden Lotus dailies. Ain't that a !@#$%?

I wish you luck. Golden Lotus bored me.

12/20/2012 08:29 AMPosted by Vyrin
Because by the time of WotLK they had all of that back and according to the protesters in Silvermoon they blame the Alliance more than the Scourge because Arthas was human.

I wasn't aware that King Sunstrider and 90% of the Blood elven population was revived.
Edited by Ximothy on 12/20/2012 8:32 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]