Blizzard please delete topic

(Locked)

1 Dwarf Paladin
Dear Blues,
Below is my original post venting about how CRZ has messed up my annual in game Christmas tradition of helping new players with a gift or two. This thread has become one of anger, argument, and has strayed off topic to mudslinging.
This was never my intent. Please delete this thread before it escalates further.

At first other than folks who are lgbt on proudmoore being harassed by people from other realms, I did not mind CRZs. That was until this morning.

Every year since I have started playing I roll a level one alt who is one of Greatfather Winter's sons and load up with bags, level 5 gear and some gold and run to Northshire and hand out gifts to brand new wow players who just started the game. You know 2- 3g starting money and a 10 slot bag that kind of thing as a welcome to our world kind of thing in the spirit of the season. Kind of like WoW toys for tots

This morning I found it is now impossible to do as you cannot trade anything to someone from another realm. Trading a bag will tell you you cannot trade a summoned item, and money zeros out.

Such a shame. Well all good things must come to an end..
Bye
Pappy Winter and his brothers Santy and Insanity Claus
Edited by Pappywinter on 12/25/2012 2:19 PM PST
Keep the faith brother/sister. THis restriction will be more than likely reduced to some degree as they balance CRZ a bit more over time.
90 Undead Priest
Dang :( That really stinks. I hope they change it so that way you can share some love and joy next year!
100 Tauren Druid
12/25/2012 09:30 AMPosted by Subjectalpha
Keep the faith brother/sister. THis restriction will be more than likely reduced to some degree as they balance CRZ a bit more over time.

Yep, Pappywinter. Just keep paying to play the game, eventually they will tweak things so you can again be helpful to people.

Eventually. But just keep paying while you wait for it to happen.

To the OP: Good on you! It's too bad CRZ ruined a good thing.
10 Tauren Druid
CRZ sucks and needs to disappear. /end
100 Draenei Mage
As I just said...
12/25/2012 10:28 AMPosted by Solaru
I have done it on 10 Alliance toons so far and have no issues. You can't actually block the quests from the gifts. Those people are risking account actions for nothing.

PS...CRZ shot my dog
90 Tauren Warrior
12/25/2012 10:10 AMPosted by Easycheese
CRZ sucks and needs to disappear. /end

Lolnope
100 Tauren Druid
As I just said...
I have done it on 10 Alliance toons so far and have no issues. You can't actually block the quests from the gifts. Those people are risking account actions for nothing.

PS...CRZ shot my dog

I think you're posting in the wrong thread. Either that, or you didn't bother to read the OP.
100 Night Elf Druid
You can still trade the items to the same number of people as last year. Cross-realm zones didn't take anything away from you.
Edited by Hippeaux on 12/25/2012 10:51 AM PST
100 Draenei Death Knight
I don't mean to sound rude, I know blue posters are supportive of this sort of activity, but I'm not really. I believe in hand-ups, not hand-outs. If you give new players everything, they will turn into beggars in trade channel and in SW that are all like "plz plz give me gold" and all the rest of it. I tried to be nice to people in that way as a way of recruiting them to the guild, and what ended up happening, I got people begging to be carried through dungeons and other things.

You should NEVER take more than you give. That's true. But others must prove to you first, that they share the same philosophy.
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
It's amazing to see a CRZ complaint that has nothing to do with pvp or node jacking or any of the usual garbage. I feel sorry for the OP. Trying to help out lower lvl toons but unable to if they're on another server. It really is a shame =(
100 Draenei Death Knight
Helping others in this game isn't always a good idea, it just produces beggars and people with a sense of entitlement that want to just use and get carried. I used to do the same thing, but I don't anymore. Maybe it's a lesson OP. I don't know about you, but I know I've been used by countless people, and when you stop helping them, they will just ditch you to advance their own progression. Why give things to strangers? Everyone in this game is a troll out to grief others to me, until they prove themselves otherwise.
100 Night Elf Druid
12/25/2012 11:18 AMPosted by Chucknõrris
It's amazing to see a CRZ complaint that has nothing to do with pvp or node jacking or any of the usual garbage. I feel sorry for the OP. Trying to help out lower lvl toons but unable to if they're on another server. It really is a shame =(

Yeah, but removing or disabling the feature would put him in the exact same boat he's in now, with the same number of newbies to give stuff to so I don't understand why he's so upset about CRZs specifically.

It's not an issue with the cross-realm zone feature, it's an issue with trade restrictions. If he wants trade restrictions loosened, he should post about that because lumping it in with an unrelated feature is just going to get his wishes ignored. You can't give backpacks or money to players on trial accounts either even if they're on your own server. Trade restrictions are what he's really upset about.
90 Pandaren Priest
CRZ is not going anywhere. It has finally made the world in this MMO, feel full, and that was the intent.

People cast hate on it all the time, but it is not that bad, peoples complaints are because it causes an inconvience to them, not because it is a bad idea.

On to the OP, i don't condone hand-outs, it is the homeless-guy-on-the-corner syndrome....why work for something when they can just beg for it. They have never allowed cross server transactions for anything since LFR and LFD came about, and they probably never will. It hurts server economies, and allows gold sellers easier access.

However good luck in you endeavors even if I don't agree with them. =P
12/25/2012 11:24 AMPosted by Hippeaux

Yeah, but removing or disabling the feature would put him in the exact same boat he's in now, with the same number of newbies to give stuff to so I don't understand why he's so upset about CRZs specifically.

It's not an issue with the cross-realm zone feature, it's an issue with trade restrictions. If he wants trade restrictions loosened, he should post about that because lumping it in with an unrelated feature is just going to get his wishes ignored. You can't give backpacks or money to players on trial accounts either even if they're on your own server. Trade restrictions are what he's really upset about.

The problem with removing trade restrictions is the fact that it could seriously destabilize realm economies. Imagine servers with low pop high priced items suddenly being flooded with hundreds of thousands of items and having prices plummet.... might sound good to you but overall it's actually a bad thing. On the other side as well.. a high population server suddenly having a ton of materials, etc... being stripped from the AH and being shipped off to low pop servers to sell for higher prices would drive things up on the high pop realm. Of course these are only 2 situations out of a whole mess load of problems cross realm trading would create. Thankfully it's not allowed.

In circumstances like the OP's though.. it really is a shame not being able to help out lowbies from other servers. He/she can still lend assistance to those on his/her own server though. Just make sure that everyone coming up to you is from the same place you are =)
12/25/2012 11:56 AMPosted by Tovi
The problem with removing trade restrictions is the fact that it could seriously destabilize realm economies. Imagine servers with low pop high priced items suddenly being flooded with hundreds of thousands of items and having prices plummet.... might sound good to you but overall it's actually a bad thing. On the other side as well.. a high population server suddenly having a ton of materials, etc... being stripped from the AH and being shipped off to low pop servers to sell for higher prices would drive things up on the high pop realm. Of course these are only 2 situations out of a whole mess load of problems cross realm trading would create. Thankfully it's not allowed.

Things are kind of screw up anyways though.

For example, you have more people out in the world (except Pandara... for now) farming herbs, ore, and mobs.

Do you think low - med pop servers see the fruits of these labors on the AH? No. I'm on a medium pop server and the people I see out in my world is Illidan, Bleeding Hallow, Blackrock, etc.

Their trade mat prices are staying the same but ours is getting more expensive.

Imo.. for nodes they should be phased for the realm you're in, of course I don't know how easy that would be to accomplish with the technology at hand. I would imagine something like that to be INSANELY painful to code. It would be a good idea though if they could manage to pull it off.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]