Mastery/Haste Breakpoint Questions (Shamans)

So, from this post I've gathered...

You can gem however you please and whatever your preference is, given it's within reason (healing stats) and you can get the socket bonus

Crit = 10m King?

Haste is an irrelevant stat until the threshold ticks are fixed and HTT/HST work properly.

Now, I have another question. If they correct the HTT/HST haste threshold in 5.2. Because haste is our worse throughput stat because it makes us consume too much mana with not enough mana return, in 10m could it become ideal to stack crit after attaining a comfortable haste breakpoint? For the resergence mana return?
Reply Quote
100 Orc Shaman
HC
Crit and mastery are interchangeable depending on your playstyle. I go full mastery because I prefer a more reliable stat than a small mathematical gain in a theoretical setting but it's all personal preference since crit and mastery are both solid.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
So, from this post I've gathered...

You can gem however you please and whatever your preference is, given it's within reason (healing stats) and you can get the socket bonus

Crit = 10m King?

Haste is an irrelevant stat until the threshold ticks are fixed and HTT/HST work properly.

Now, I have another question. If they correct the HTT/HST haste threshold in 5.2. Because haste is our worse throughput stat because it makes us consume too much mana with not enough mana return, in 10m could it become ideal to stack crit after attaining a comfortable haste breakpoint? For the resergence mana return?

If the Elemental Mastery changes go live as they are on the PTR, haste will become a little more relevant, because it will be pretty hard to pass up on 30% haste 20 out of every 60 seconds, meaning Ancestral Swiftness may not be the near no brainer it is now.

If you drop AS, you need more than the base amount of haste you get from reforging out of it. You would need to go to at least 2017, which would be absolutely mandatory because of the extra tick on Healing Rain. However, you would still lose a tick off ELW without going to 3039, which works out to about a 2% output loss most likely, so you might want to go to 3039 haste.

I still doubt the EM changes will go live at a 1 minute cooldown and 20 second duration though - it just sounds overpowered, especially for PvP burst.
Reply Quote
Sham power.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]