Old World PvP Unlocks (lvl 60)

90 Human Paladin
I have recently gotten into the Transmogrified sets, and I'm very disappointed by the lvl 60 PvP gear set lockout system. After WoW first came out at level 60 I took a liking to my Enhancement Shaman. I played him until I was able to receive the proper ranking for the Warlord set.

I can now transmogrify my gear on my Shaman into the lvl 60 PvP set. However, I'm not able to do the same for my other level 90 characters... This is a problem, because I would now like to show off my level 60 gear set on my new Paladin. Back in the day I was not allowed to play Paladin nor create a character on the Alliance side due to the PvP realm restrictions.

I am asking for a discussion for Blizz to change the lvl 60 PvP Transmogrification sets to an account wide unlock. This only makes sense, because it is showing off that I was once had access to the lvl 60 PvP epics, and should not be explicitly character bound but rather account bound. At the very least allow an account user with a Paladin/Shaman to have the access to the Paladin/Shaman gear across the account.

Thank you for your time and input in advance!
Edited by Oceanuss on 12/29/2012 12:36 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
I think we should just be allowed to mog to anything usable . . . imo it's pretty disappointing to see these cool older sets and not be able to mog to them.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Yeah, this is rather dissapointing to the players who actually achieved ranks. I myself didn't earn the title to wear it, so I don't think I should be able to. But it's pretty salty that Blizzard didn't make the privilege to wear the gear account wide for those who did.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Yea, the worst part is that back in the day you couldn't even make a Paladin and a Shaman on the same server... Too bad there just aren't many people around that have this issue~
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
12/31/2012 02:25 PMPosted by Oceanuss
you couldn't even make a Paladin and a Shaman on the same server...

You could, just not on the same faction for obvious reasons.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I have the FoS Grand Marshal from Vanilla. Last week, having realized that Achievements were account-wide, I flew out to Area52 on my Priest (my current main) to purchase the Replica Marshal / Field Marshal / Grand Marshal gear for transmog.

I found myself unable to.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3657275742?page=9#178

Let me quote the importants parts:

In Area 52 a set of vendors has replaced the PvP Vendors who used to live there. Grex Brainboiler, Krixel Pinchwhistle, Tini Smalls, Kezzik the Striker, Big Zokk Torquewrench, and Leeni “Smiley” Smalls. These vendors sell new, transmogrifiable versions of the classic armor to players who have the Feat of Strength for Legionnaire/Knight-Captain or higher under the old PvP system.

The design intent with the Feat of Strength achievement requirement was specifically to limit these particular art styles to players who earned them through the OG (and relentlessly difficult) PvP honor system, while keeping the door open to reward them to more people in the future.

Bashiok clearly states - PLAYERS, not characters. While at the time, account-wide Achievements were not in the game, they were certainly in the planning stages at that point. It's pretty clear what the intention moving forward was. Unfortunately, it appears that properly flagging the PvP Feats of Strength was overlooked.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3657436812?page=17#325

We do agree that the restriction to the specific characters that earned those titles kind of sucks. It’s the player that earned those items, really, not any specific character. If we had a way to make them account-wide right now, we would. We can’t, but account-wide achievements are planned for Mists of Pandaria, and we hope to be able to include Feats of Strength with that system, which would open up these items to all characters on that player's account.

Despite all this, MoP is here, account-wide Feats were included, and I still can't use the items I earned. If players that earned the rewards can't even use them, there really is no hope of these things ever becoming available to the general public. I'm not trying to poo-poo on anyones parade, I'm just saying. I assume the issue for players with the FoS not being able to acquire the items is a bug, but without any feedback from a blue, who knows? Either way, there's more than one door closed between you and the fulfillment of this request.

Exactly, I am experiencing the same dilemma with you. Its so pathetic that we are not able to Xmorg our gear even though we have the feat of strength. And more so, that it is clearly stated as "players". I am very sure players that played since Vanilla would know how hard it is to even reach level 60, let alone have 10 classes reach level 60 all having a BG title. This restriction is bogus beyond measure and should be scrapped. ONLY allow "PLAYERS" who have the achievement in their account to buy replica sets, if people who do not have titles are not allowed to have a set.
Edited by Døømkin on 1/4/2013 6:54 AM PST
Reply Quote
18 Tauren Druid

Srsly, do you realize what are you talking.
You can't create horde toon if you have made alliance toon and vice until mid wrath of LK.
Edited by Narumin on 1/6/2013 2:37 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
12/31/2012 03:01 PMPosted by Rankin

No you could not... There were not Alliance Shamans nor Horde Paladins back then. Please don't post in this thread again. Thank you in advance for your cooperation...

Thanks for the post Døømkin. I do like how the Blue states that these should be accessible now with the new account-wide achievement system.

11/30/2011 01:34 PMPosted by Bashiok
We do agree that the restriction to the specific characters that earned those titles kind of sucks. It’s the player that earned those items, really, not any specific character. If we had a way to make them account-wide right now, we would. We can’t, but account-wide achievements are planned for Mists of Pandaria, and we hope to be able to include Feats of Strength with that system, which would open up these items to all characters on that player's account.

Why haven't they fixed this yet? Where do we go to get the ball rolling? I've put in a ticket but they said that they still aren't able to do this. What's going on?
Edited by Oceanuss on 1/7/2013 1:32 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
The issue is mainly for Alliance Shamans and Horde Paladins created during BC. The faction changers don't have this issue.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
01/08/2013 02:57 AMPosted by Kardona
The issue is mainly for Alliance Shamans and Horde Paladins created during BC. The faction changers don't have this issue.

No... You couldn't get these titles during BC~ lol
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
Srsly, do you realize what are you talking.
You can't create horde toon if you have made alliance toon and vice until mid wrath of LK.

PVE and PVP servers had different rules. PVE servers never had a faction restriction on them.

No you could not... There were not Alliance Shamans nor Horde Paladins back then. Please don't post in this thread again. Thank you in advance for your cooperation...

That's not what I said. How about you don't post in this thread again until you're willing to respond to what people actually wrote.

Why haven't they fixed this yet? Where do we go to get the ball rolling? I've put in a ticket but they said that they still aren't able to do this. What's going on?

Because they changed their minds by the time they implemented account-wide achievements.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
01/29/2013 04:22 PMPosted by Rankìn
Because they changed their minds by the time they implemented account-wide achievements.

Have you seen any blue posts that say that? I haven't been able to find one; ty :D
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
Have you seen any blue posts that say that? I haven't been able to find one; ty :D

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6412104609#16
08/29/2012 09:37 AMPosted by Nethaera
Not all titles are available to use account wide, PvP titles being one of them. There are exceptions that apply to mounts as well (in particular a couple of PvP mounts.)

Along with the recent patch notes for 5.2:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/8226552#pvp
Characters that have attained requisite title levels (Centurion, Knight-Champion, Grand Marshal, High Warlord, etc.) through the Rated Battleground system will be able to purchase old PVP items requiring those titles.

So they're adding more ways to get the old gear, but still keeping them character-specific.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
you couldn't even make a Paladin and a Shaman on the same server...

Actually no you couldn't without having two accounts. Back in the day you could not play shammy/pally same faction nor could you have a horde/alliance on one account same server.

I agree with one of the earlier guy that you should be able to mog everything in game and bliz should take the time to rework all those useless gray gear items on venders thoughout the game to give folks even more choice.

Bliz has how many active subs and instead of adding more folks to work on issues and progressing the game you lay people off.
Edited by Kegstand on 1/31/2013 2:41 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
01/31/2013 02:36 AMPosted by Kegstand
Actually no you couldn't without having two accounts. Back in the day you could not play shammy/pally same faction nor could you have a horde/alliance on one account same server.

Again, only PVP servers had this rule. PVE servers never had a rule about having only one faction.
Reply Quote
86 Blood Elf Paladin
I have the FoS Grand Marshal from Vanilla. Last week, having realized that Achievements were account-wide, I flew out to Area52 on my Priest (my current main) to purchase the Replica Marshal / Field Marshal / Grand Marshal gear for transmog.

I found myself unable to.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3657275742?page=9#178

Let me quote the importants parts:

In Area 52 a set of vendors has replaced the PvP Vendors who used to live there. Grex Brainboiler, Krixel Pinchwhistle, Tini Smalls, Kezzik the Striker, Big Zokk Torquewrench, and Leeni “Smiley” Smalls. These vendors sell new, transmogrifiable versions of the classic armor to players who have the Feat of Strength for Legionnaire/Knight-Captain or higher under the old PvP system.

The design intent with the Feat of Strength achievement requirement was specifically to limit these particular art styles to players who earned them through the OG (and relentlessly difficult) PvP honor system, while keeping the door open to reward them to more people in the future.

Bashiok clearly states - PLAYERS, not characters. While at the time, account-wide Achievements were not in the game, they were certainly in the planning stages at that point. It's pretty clear what the intention moving forward was. Unfortunately, it appears that properly flagging the PvP Feats of Strength was overlooked.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3657436812?page=17#325

Despite all this, MoP is here, account-wide Feats were included, and I still can't use the items I earned. If players that earned the rewards can't even use them, there really is no hope of these things ever becoming available to the general public. I'm not trying to poo-poo on anyones parade, I'm just saying. I assume the issue for players with the FoS not being able to acquire the items is a bug, but without any feedback from a blue, who knows? Either way, there's more than one door closed between you and the fulfillment of this request.

Exactly, I am experiencing the same dilemma with you. Its so pathetic that we are not able to Xmorg our gear even though we have the feat of strength. And more so, that it is clearly stated as "players". I am very sure players that played since Vanilla would know how hard it is to even reach level 60, let alone have 10 classes reach level 60 all having a BG title. This restriction is bogus beyond measure and should be scrapped. ONLY allow "PLAYERS" who have the achievement in their account to buy replica sets, if people who do not have titles are not allowed to have a set.

I'm on the same boat. I quit WoW last year when I found out I would not be able to share this achievement amongst other chars, but PvErs could share theirs.

I came back to MoP this month to see how was the game... well, the theme sucked in my opinion, leveling was a lot slower, and now that I turned 90 (on a different char), I face countless boring daily quests.

Well, I'm a PvPer, so I thought I would just PvP like I always did, So today I saw this new update regarding RBG ranks rewarding old school pvp gear, so I'm thinking to myself:

1- I got rank 10 back in Vanilla on a different character, that i no longer play.
2- I got the level 70 blue pvp set in TBC with shares the same model of the lvl 60 one.
3- But I still need to farm again to get the SAME rewards as I got before?
4- Why can't I have account wide achievements like PvErs do?

Ironically, today was the day i reached level 90, and as I said, I find this game pretty boring. I would love to be wearing a Blood Knight costume, the reason why I created this char in TBC, but since I can't, I might join (again) the wave of WoW quitters.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]