RBG Finder

90 Night Elf Hunter
yes i agree..a Q for rated BGS would be great but also having a "pool" for people to choose from based on maybe pvp gear? would help also
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
oQueue
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
oQueue. It's great.

One guy develops an addon that puts the entire WoW development team to shame.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Player-driven content is the best kind of content and oQueue really shines with that.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
oQueue is not getting the job done here b/c 99% of the people who SHOULD be using it instead of KT trade chat .... are not using it. Blizz needs to step in an integrate an oQueue addon into the game for EVERYONE to enjoy. Thats the point of my thread.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
This would make participation in RBGs WAAAAAAAAAAAAY easier at ALL levels... its amazing that we even have to point such common sense stuff out to Blizz...
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Perhaps make it a system similar to the guild finder, in that fact that the lead of a team could pick and choose the people to add. Best I can offer.

Being a native of KT, I never got around to RBGs in Cata, though I was hoping to try in MoP, though with how things hard I'm doubting I'll even get a chance.

with a change to finding groups easier, maybe make some sort of tiered group system, so those just starting out can get their RBG experience, with out having to put up with the eho-ragers and the like.

It's starting to feel like all the scores and ratings people get are like credit scores. You don't have one, people don't want you. You have a low one, people still don't want you. You never even get a chance to try.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
What Kiha said is the exact reason why my suggested blizz system would benefit people of ALL RATINGS.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
I tried to use oQueue. I installed it, opened it, and spend about 6 hours glancing at it while I was doing some reading. The highestest rated 'team' I saw was 1400. Most of them were 0 rated teams putting together a pug to stomp randoms.

I uninstalled it and I've spent the last week getting realID friend invites from people. I can't say I'm a fan.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Like I said, oQueue isn't getting the job done for the masses of demand that is out there. Take a glance at KT / Illidan trade chats and you can't argue that the current system is broken.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
01/04/2013 06:12 PMPosted by Gruklaar
I tried to use oQueue. I installed it, opened it, and spend about 6 hours glancing at it while I was doing some reading. The highestest rated 'team' I saw was 1400. Most of them were 0 rated teams putting together a pug to stomp randoms.

Then you aren't using it at the right time. Always I see premades anywhere from low mmr to 17-1800. Right now there are 7 rbg groups ranging from 1500-1700. I admit it would be tough to get a 2k+ rating through oque, but there are plenty of groups you can find through it.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
01/04/2013 07:33 PMPosted by Jugaa
I admit it would be tough to get a 2k+ rating through oque, but there are plenty of groups you can find through it.

I don't want random garbage, I want a UNIFIED SYSTEM for EVERYONE
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
NEED A BLUE RESPONSE
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Hunter
01/03/2013 07:17 PMPosted by Vexlander
oQueue is not getting the job done here b/c 99% of the people who SHOULD be using it instead of KT trade chat .... are not using it. Blizz needs to step in an integrate an oQueue addon into the game for EVERYONE to enjoy. Thats the point of my thread.

You keep saying this and although you're right that there could/should be more people using it, it's still the most viable way to get a group going.

I have a regular core group of RBGers that I play with on my hunter while on my alts, I run a 2ndry group with my core groups' alts and other friends. Whatever roles I need filled, I fill up using oQueue. It takes a fraction of the time to fill an RBG group via oQueue than spamming trade chat, making lvl 1 alts, etc.

To your point, yes Blizzard baselining oqueue into the game for RBG purposes would be met with huge success. I've not doubt they're working on it right now (see GC's tweet about an unannounced feature paralleling the introduction of Dungeon Finder and LFR).

Meanwhile, use oQueue for your RBG purposes. Lately I see more RBG groups than premades running as oQueue is growing exponentially. It's even more evident as the public vent that 90%+ of oQueuers use is constantly hitting the 300 and 400 cap limit. The vent founder has just got an exclusive agreement with Ventrillo (the actual company I believe although correct me if I'm wrong Rath) to raise the cap to 5000.

I recommend anyone having issues with filling RBG groups to use oQueue. It's not just for premade pug stomping.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Hunter
01/04/2013 07:33 PMPosted by Jugaa

Then you aren't using it at the right time. Always I see premades anywhere from low mmr to 17-1800. Right now there are 7 rbg groups ranging from 1500-1700. I admit it would be tough to get a 2k+ rating through oque, but there are plenty of groups you can find through it.

You just don't have enough connections via bTags yet. On an given day during prime time, I see 35+ premades, 20 of which are RBGs ranging from low mmr to 20k+. Higher rating RBG premades are not as frequent, as represented by the wow population. oQueue is not a "carry" system like Illidan trade chat. It's exactly what it should be, a unified place to assemble PVP teams.

Nothing is stopping anyone from using many to all methods of assembling a decent RBG group. oQueue helps to fill in class roles you might be waiting 1hr+ to fill. Additionally, if you do run premades, you'll often meet other geared and skilled players for RBG teams (as I've met all of my team entirely from oQueue).
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
I support a tool that let's RBG leaders pick from a pool of talent.

I do NOT support a system that mashes teams together for players.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
[quote="74146112915"]
To your point, yes Blizzard baselining oqueue into the game for RBG purposes would be met with huge success.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
I support a tool that let's RBG leaders pick from a pool of talent.

I do NOT support a system that mashes teams together for players.

Obviously, no one would want a forced mash up system and no one would use it. But a tool that replaces KT trade chat in a streamlined manner ... its completely negligent that blizz hasn't done this yet.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Hunter

Obviously, no one would want a forced mash up system and no one would use it. But a tool that replaces KT trade chat in a streamlined manner ... its completely negligent that blizz hasn't done this yet.

I personally think Blizz is working on their own version. THere's a million and one things we'd like them to fix and work on, all of us having our own opinions on what are higher priority. Til then I'll just keep using oqueue.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]