LFD loot.. Really Blizzard?

90 Undead Rogue
How many times does it take for your players to inform you of your utter and complete failure in this department? A player should not be able to need on a piece of gear that isn't even relevant to his/her class.

Why have you allowed this to continue far beyond it's tolerance point? It's been what.. two expansions now and you still haven't figured out that people can need on gear that has no benefit to their class? I, as a pure dps, should not be able to need on a ring or next with spirit or intellect on it. Heck, even cloth I can need on. Fix this issue.
Edited by Grishmak on 1/2/2013 12:53 PM PST
Reply Quote
86 Troll Death Knight
I think they've noticed it by now.

And they're content to leave it like it is.
Reply Quote
75 Human Hunter
01/02/2013 12:53 PMPosted by Grishmak
people can need on gear that has no benefit to their class
name one item that has NO benefit AT ALL to a class that can roll NEED on it, I will wait

a pure dps, should not be able to need on a ring or next with ... intellect on it
because warlocks and mages dont use INT?
Edited by Jola on 1/2/2013 12:57 PM PST
Reply Quote
Community Manager
The item could be misflagged.

Post the name of the item and the class (don't include the player name) that was rolling on the potentially incorrectly flagged item to the Bug Report forum.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
01/02/2013 12:56 PMPosted by Jola
name one item that has NO benefit AT ALL to a class that can roll NEED on it, I will wait

a pure dps, should not be able to need on a ring or next with ... intellect on it

Well, his rant aside, I believe he meant why he as a agility only based dps class can roll need on something with Intellect on it.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Rogue
As far as I'm concerned, since the beginning of MoP I can't "need" anything that's not Leather > Agi/Stam. Probably a misflagged item an the blue answer said above.

Report item and class who won it.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
Yesterday, on my Warlock, some cloth boots dropped; they had stamina, int, & spirit on them. I rolled Need, because they were a clear upgrade for me & because I was the only cloth-wearer in the group.

If a Priest had been in the group, I would have passed on them entirely. IMO, the OP's rant misses this sort of situation, so I'll hold off on supporting the idea until it's better thought out.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Rogue
01/02/2013 01:04 PMPosted by Felocityqt
so this is just a "he won os over my ms QQQQQ" thread.

Probably this...
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Rings, trinkets, cloaks, and I believe necks are all able to be "need"ed on by all classes regardless of stats.

Recalling a specific example from my last LFD run, Firefinger Ring dropped and I was allowed to roll need (although I didn't because I'm not a complete fillintheblank).
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
My guess is a monk or a druid rolled against him and they won and he's not happy with it, hint: that happens and you need to stop whining.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
I can need on agility cloaks, rings and trinkets which I always found to be quiet odd...
Reply Quote
14 Night Elf Hunter

Classic dungeon drops are non specific. Had a rogue roll on a cloth intel piece and winning it. Know he rolled need because I rolled need on my healer monk due to the fact that leather int is not very common and I don't get the bonus anyways. Why I do not have a problem with somebody rolling on lower armor leveling because it might be an upgrade concerning stats, I wonder since then rogues need intel to improve their gear. So just a little tweak there concerning stats would be great.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Mage
The only problem I see on this is when a warrior rolls need on a bow and beats my hunter. Other than that, I can always run the dungeon again and keep rolling till I get the item I want.
Reply Quote
87 Worgen Death Knight
There may still be some issues. I think my warriors can still roll need on range weapons, despite the conversion of main hand weps after MoP's release. Despite this, if you mean like a boomkin, shadow priest, or elemental shammy rolling need on spirit rings, spirit is converted to hit rating for those classes, so they do honestly "need" them at times.

However, if we want to avoid having classes capable of using intellect as a source, but with physical dos specs (i.e. monks, shaman, paladins, etc.) then we would have to go to the LFR system which gives you either gold or gear specifically meant for your spec. Sorry, but I prefer the LFD system as it is, that is, left alone. You won't see paladins able to need on mail, druids on cloth, etc. unless the item is bugged.

Also classic dungeons are untagged because when you're gearing at that level you need pretty much anything you can get. It's not a big issue, and it isn't something to worry about.

That cover all bases?
Reply Quote
100 Troll Priest
My Warrior can roll on agility polearms/rings/necklaces/cloaks, and certain trinkets.

This was also an issue in Cataclysm. I've also seen Rogues/Shaman/Druids needing on strength accessory gear.
Reply Quote
1 Human Warlock
Yeah, not really sure why Blizzard is finding it so extremely difficult to prevent Rogues from needing on cloth or Warriors from needing on +int accessories.
Reply Quote
... Warrior can roll on agility polearms/rings/necklaces/cloaks, and certain trinkets.

This was also an issue in Cataclysm. I've also seen Rogues/Shaman/Druids needing on strength accessory gear.

Hunters have also been able to need on strength based accessory items. Also, the "if you need on an BoE item it binds to you hasn't helped a ton, still see people need on gear that is not benefical to them (agil users needing on strength BoE trinket in an LFR twice)

In my opinion i don't think it should be hard to exclude agility users from being able to need on strength items like they do with intellect items now (excluding classes that can have a OS in healing/cdps w/ the intellect).
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest

warrior/dk tanks needing on hunter/monk/rogue agi trinkets, capes, and rings.

shall i go on?
Edited by Niia on 1/2/2013 1:43 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]