In Raids, Resto Shaman, not so hot

90 Tauren Shaman
01/04/2013 12:35 AMPosted by Icecreamsoup

This thread stopped being serious when my entire post was dismissed with fanboyism.

And it wouldn't be the first, nor the last time Dolan has been banned for contribution to 'serious threads'

This thread stopped being serious when it was about resto shaman being bad in raids.

And being based on lfr.

Glorious post, well played sir.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
01/04/2013 12:42 AMPosted by Icecreamsoup
Resto Shammies in LFR with 2 disc priests and 2 holy paladins; walk away, come back see if boss is dead yet, repeat

fixed that for you.

Well Yea, but a Single Disc priest in LFR, and Peoples healthbars barely move. 2 of them with 2 H Pallies, and i might as well put someone on Follow
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
HC
Are you a wizard? Not sure what you're trying to prove with this post.

>Says I don't know what I'm talking about concerning single-target vs Aoe this tier.
>Breakdown every fight in tier to illustrate point
>Calls me a wizard
>Everybody walk the dinosaur.

I give up, this forum is beyond redemption.

Might not want to make assumptions on what I'm thinking, only makes you look desperate in your argument.

U !@#$ing wotm8

Lol ok, your battle pets are completely horrible. If you were on my server mine would completely obliterate YOURS, m8. Think you're tough? Well you're not.
Edited by Sensations on 1/4/2013 12:51 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
01/04/2013 12:50 AMPosted by Sensations
Lol ok, your battle pets are completely horrible. If you were on my server mine would completely obliterate YOU, m8.

...what is this I don't even...
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Lol ok, your battle pets are completely horrible. If you were on my server mine would completely obliterate YOURS, m8. Think you're tough? Well you're no

When did we start talking about battle pets?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
01/04/2013 12:52 AMPosted by Shammyren
Lol ok, your battle pets are completely horrible. If you were on my server mine would completely obliterate YOURS, m8. Think you're tough? Well you're no

I need more alcohol.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
01/04/2013 12:53 AMPosted by Tiriél

I need more alcohol.

Pass me some Please. It might make the Stupid go away
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
Lol ok, your battle pets are completely horrible. If you were on my server mine would completely obliterate YOURS, m8. Think you're tough? Well you're not.

>Gem my character like a crack money with a credit card
>Get defensive about it
>make incoherent rebuttals
>post on healing forums
>doesnt get reported like Dolan for irrelevant replies because everyone in thread is fanboy
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
>Gem my character like a crack money with a credit card
>Get defensive about it
>make incoherent rebuttals
>post on healing forums
>doesnt get reported like Dolan for irrelevant replies because everyone in thread is fanboy

He hasn't spammed the thread, and was actually contributing to it. If you want to report him, you absolutely can.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Tiberria, I have a question.
Why are you using the H MSV mace over the H/H elite dagger from protectors of endless?

Is it just because you haven't gotten it to drop yet, or is there something else to it?

Thanks
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Tiberria, I have a question.
Why are you using the H MSV mace over the H/H elite dagger from protectors of endless?

Is it just because you haven't gotten it to drop yet, or is there something else to it?

Thanks

Because I used 1500 VP to upgrade the heroic mace, and the fact that it has Spirit on it and the Protectors dagger does not means that the dagger (and for that matter probably the Amber Shaper dagger as well) is not going to be better unless it is fully upgraded. Also, when you have other people who are using 496 weapons, it doesn't make sense to take it when you would have to waste 1500 VP on an intermediate upgrade (and end up paying to upgrade 3 weapons). I am waiting for either the Sha touched Shek'zeer mace or the Sha touched Lei Shi staff.

The RNG factor of crit is really not that big of a drawback when 80% of your output is coming from AoE healing abilities that have a lot of small ticks on a lot of people (i.e Healing Rain, Riptide ticks, Earthliving, HST, etc). With the huge sample size, the RNG factor evens itself out. In a typical fight, I will have over 5000 total Healing Rain ticks. The RNG factor of Crit is primarily a downside when you are talking about direct single target heals/tank healing; for a 25 man raid healer that downside is severely overstated.

The reality is you get more from Crit than you do from Mastery in almost all 25 man situations. This was not true in Cata, because the threshold where Mastery became better was like 85% not like 60%. If you look at Resto Shaman in top 20 US 25 man guilds, almost all of them are Crit stacking.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
I'm pretty sure 2/2 non-elite H Regail's with a spirit gem is better.

http://www.wowhead.com/compare?items=87152.0.0.0.76638.0.0.0.162.2;87074.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.166.2

I used your setup on the mace and mastery -> spirit on the dagger.

e: Nevermind I misread, but still, 1/2 is already arguably better.
Edited by Dysrhythmia on 1/4/2013 4:34 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
01/04/2013 04:29 AMPosted by Dysrhythmia
I'm pretty sure 2/2 non-elite H Regail's with a spirit gem is better.

Would go with the dagger over the will mace.

To bad this thread devolved as they always tend to as opposed to being a constructive thread.

I blame rain for posting on his shaman.
Edited by Harpoa on 1/4/2013 6:30 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Great, thanks.

I forget those subtleties of stats.

To recap what I got from this:

Crit over mast for single target heavy encounters or being the "topper offer"

Mast over crit if the damage gets serious and us HW to hold mana in the front of fights so their is mana for the heavy raid or tank damage later in fight.

I think I had the problem of having a great crit build that did fantastic in lfr, when I applied effort, but taking that to a new group in 10 man normal MSV was a faceplant because the raid took the heavy damage and my mastery wasn't up to snuff.

Alot of information posted helps clarify how to change up my priorities, such as know when to change style so the healing matches the damage.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
I really like the reinforcing elementals, especially if I can use it to get something off me until it can be taunted away.

In my readings I got the impression that crit at 15% and mastery above 50% - So that would be the single target sort. Where a 11% crit and 63% mastery would be better in 10 man where I may healing singles up front and provide aoe in the back
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
10man Heroic.

Stone Guards : Ranged heavy will be single target, melee heavy will be more AoE focussed.
Feng : AoE.
Garajal : AoE.
Spirt Kings H: I'd say, roughly equal on both.
Elegon : Both, emphasis on single target in P1+2. P3 is AoE.
Will : Depends on role. AoE for Raid Healing, Single target if dealing with the tanks.

Vizier: AoE in Force and Verve, single target in the rest.
Blade Lord: Entirely single target until P2.
Garalon: AoE.
Wind Lord: Single target, plus small AoE during RoB
Ambershaper: Both.
Grand Empress: Both.

Protectors: Single target, AoE in p3 (maybe....10% of the length of the fight)
Tsulong: Single target in Day, AoE in Night. Healing mattering much more during Day, for obvious reasons.
Lei Shi: Single target, only AoE during Get Away, which should be A) Extremely short or B)Cooldowned.
Sha of Fear: Single target. High tank dmg, Huddle dmg, Spray+Orb damage on tank.

That is far better than a poke with a stick.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
My god, what the hell happened in here?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
01/04/2013 12:24 PMPosted by Taymage

When I figure it out, You'll be the first to know
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
01/04/2013 12:24 PMPosted by Taymage

I don't know. I think that if I get drunk, I'll figure it out, though.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
01/04/2013 01:32 PMPosted by Tiriél

I don't know. I think that if I get drunk, I'll figure it out, though.

You might die of Alcohol Poisoning first
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]