Mana return for Resto druid is so boring !!

90 Night Elf Druid
Before MOP, I use to able line up my Intel procs with innervates (and call for Hymn of hope from priests for greater result).
But now, all i can do is sit there doing nothing , and wait for mana to generate from spirits.
Its so boring when i dont have to cast heal very often. and want to get some mana back quicker.

All other healer classes has some sort mana return mechanics beside cds. Not going to mention everyone of them, u know it.

Can blizzard just make it a little bit fun for resto druid to do. So druids can be smarter about mana return.

I dont care u nerf my innervate and give me something else. Make it fun plz.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
Omen of Clarity
Tree of Life

yw
Reply Quote
You missed the point...
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warlock

All other healer classes has some sort mana return mechanics beside cds. Not going to mention everyone of them, u know it.

Not sure where you get that. Paladins rely primarily on just a CD (they can melee too, but it has some weird issues with it)... Monks don't even get a CD or any sort of active mana regen at all (only a reactive mechanic that reduces rate of consumption)
Edited by Leviathan on 1/3/2013 9:32 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest

Not sure where you get that. Paladins rely primarily on just a CD (they can melee too, but it has some weird issues with it)... Monks don't even get a CD or any sort of active mana regen at all (only a reactive mechanic that reduces rate of consumption)

If any class has true active regen, it's monks.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid

Agreed! Monks have Chi which is your so called "reactive mechanic" AND mana tea. Not to mention, they get mana back from two stats... Crit and Spirit.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
01/03/2013 09:43 PMPosted by Dysrhythmia

They just lack a CD to bring them back up when they get low. Their "active regen" is a continual losing proposition. They're always spending far more mana than they gain.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Ummm...I only have Water Shield, which isnt to much help in periods of high damage..

And Mana Tide, which is like a Innervate for the entire group. So how is that not boring?
I mean Sure, I could let a mob beat on me for mana, but that doesnt seem to smart while raiding now does it?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Ummm...I only have Water Shield, which isnt to much help in periods of high damage..

And Mana Tide, which is like a Innervate for the entire group. So how is that not boring?
I mean Sure, I could let a mob beat on me for mana, but that doesnt seem to smart while raiding now does it?

Tanking the boss as a healer is like, the best thing ever. Why don't you do it more often, Shammy?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman

Tanking the boss as a healer is like, the best thing ever. Why don't you do it more often, Shammy?

I prefer to run around screaming like a chicken with its head cut off, Standing there while a boss smacks me just seems soo..abusive
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
01/04/2013 12:41 AMPosted by Shammyren
I prefer to run around screaming like a chicken with its head cut off, Standing there while a boss smacks me just seems soo..abusive

This is also my preferred style of healing. Especially when you scare your tank by screaming in terror on vent.

On the other hand, my Holy Paladin assures me that being beaten up by the boss is totally legit, and it's good for you as a healer. >.>
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
01/04/2013 12:54 AMPosted by Tiriél

This is also my preferred style of healing. Especially when you scare your tank by screaming in terror on vent.

On the other hand, my Holy Paladin assures me that being beaten up by the boss is totally legit, and it's good for you as a healer. >.>

Well, I guess if I tank mobs in Dungeons, Im ready to tank a Raid Right? Cause thats what healers do, right?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Well it's not just that we only have ONE way to get mana back and it's on a 3 min CD.

No I don't count OOC - i'm sorry I honestly hate OOC and wouldn't miss it if it removed. This is a stupid proc that yes gives a free heal but works with few spells AND it has a timer in which it has to be used meaning people may not NEED a heal during that time.

BUT the other issue is we used to be able to swiftmend, wild growth and go rejuv crazy.

1 Rejuv = 2-3% mana, even with a 2 piece.

So it's like....

Swiftmend, wildgrowth.......zzzzzzzzz.........Oh swiftmend is off CD? Swiftmend, wildgrowth...zzzzzzzzzz.........

Resto druids are VERY boring right now, VERY bad compared to other heals on meters, AND squishy compared to other healers. When I can't TRANQ and stay alive at the same time even WITH Barkskin, there IS a problem. Wind Lord rain of blades = dead druid almost ALL the time.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
Well I guess if I'm being more serious:

No healer really has interesting mana regen. You press a button, you get mana, that's it.

The only really "interesting" regen mechanics IMO are the ones that aren't straight regen (FDCL, OOC, pally melee, Telluric Currents/Solace) and even those are boring (or just straight-up bad).
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Well I guess if I'm being more serious:

No healer really has interesting mana regen. You press a button, you get mana, that's it.

The only really "interesting" regen mechanics IMO are the ones that aren't straight regen (FDCL, OOC, pally melee, Telluric Currents/Solace) and even those are boring (or just straight-up bad).

I think any time you're spamming the same spell over and over again, it's pretty boring. I think the most entertaining "mechanic" I have is finding a time to pair HoH with Mindbender.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
01/04/2013 02:11 AMPosted by Xiata
Resto druids are VERY boring right now, VERY bad compared to other heals on meters, AND squishy compared to other healers. When I can't TRANQ and stay alive at the same time even WITH Barkskin, there IS a problem. Wind Lord rain of blades = dead druid almost ALL the time.

I dunno. I still very much enjoy my resto druid. We've got about 10 wipes on Wind Lord and I haven't died to rain of blades while casting Tranq. For the most part we've died because someone stood in the wind bomb (fail) or he's hit enrage (we're still working on an efficient way to do the adds). I've also been rolling with two Mistweavers lately as our Shammy is on hiatus... I try not to look at the meters haha. Even so, if we're hitting enrages, at least I know I'm doing my job and pulling my weight.

I've also been rolling with SotF lately. I know it's not as good as Incarnation, but it makes for an interesting playstyle which I enjoy.

Quite frankly, the biggest issue with our class is Mushrooms and the fact that they do not effectively fill the burst aoe role that they were intended for.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid

This is not a mana return ability such as a shaman using his lightning spell, or a paladin auto attacking to get mana back.

You're right, OOC isn't broken like Seal of Insight swings currently are. 3 Eternal Flame hots ticking? Oh, hey yeah there's bug that says no mana for you. Plus, I suspect most pallies would agree that meleeing for mana is a godawful mechanic. I know I hate it.
Edited by Noxanna on 1/4/2013 6:18 AM PST
Reply Quote
If you don't like how druids play why the heck are you playing one???

I have 2 at 90, both resto, and still loving every minute of them both.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]