Mana return for Resto druid is so boring !!

90 Blood Elf Paladin
Ummm...I only have Water Shield, which isnt to much help in periods of high damage..

And Mana Tide, which is like a Innervate for the entire group. So how is that not boring?
I mean Sure, I could let a mob beat on me for mana, but that doesnt seem to smart while raiding now does it?

Forgot Resurgence..
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
01/04/2013 02:52 AMPosted by Sherbear
I dunno. I still very much enjoy my resto druid. We've got about 10 wipes on Wind Lord and I haven't died to rain of blades while casting Tranq. For the most part we've died because someone stood in the wind bomb (fail) or he's hit enrage (we're still working on an efficient way to do the adds). I've also been rolling with two Mistweavers lately as our Shammy is on hiatus... I try not to look at the meters haha. Even so, if we're hitting enrages, at least I know I'm doing my job and pulling my weight.

warning-off topic reply

I hope you get to read this to help you beat enrage timer

Wind Lord is meant to be 2 healed. With that said, when 2 healing, it requires solid preparation of raid cooldowns/personnal cooldowns/healthstones/etc. useage for EVERY p2 rain of blades. Prepare for some "bad healers" wipes over rain of blades 'till you get rad CDs sorted out should you move to 2heals.

Worse case scenario, 3 healers lack of dps can somewhat be offset by both MW running chi torpedo and spending most of p1 doing mostly SCK/chi torpedos cleaving the adds for a ~80-100k dps combined for p1. It still does makeup for a quite long p2 compared to 1 tank 2 heal 7 dps standard setups
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
01/05/2013 09:43 PMPosted by Keau
I dunno. I still very much enjoy my resto druid. We've got about 10 wipes on Wind Lord and I haven't died to rain of blades while casting Tranq. For the most part we've died because someone stood in the wind bomb (fail) or he's hit enrage (we're still working on an efficient way to do the adds). I've also been rolling with two Mistweavers lately as our Shammy is on hiatus... I try not to look at the meters haha. Even so, if we're hitting enrages, at least I know I'm doing my job and pulling my weight.

warning-off topic reply

Wind Lord is meant to be 2 healed. With that said, when 2 healing, it requires solid preparation of raid cooldowns/personnal cooldowns/healthstones/etc. useage for EVERY p2 rain of blades. Prepare for some "bad healers" wipes over rain of blades 'till you get rad CDs sorted out should you move to 2heals.

Worse case scenario, 3 healers lack of dps can somewhat be offset by both MW running chi torpedo and spending most of p1 doing mostly SCK/chi torpedos cleaving the adds for a ~80-100k dps combined for p1. It still does makeup for a quite long p2 compared to 1 tank 2 heal 7 dps standard setups

My guild 3 heals it and I'm sure many other do as well. That last phase rain of blade damage is too annoying to deal with. The enrage is a little tight but not that bad and healers can do aoe in the beginning when there isn't much to do; I retalent to heart of the wild and hurricane spam for ~9 million damange in the beginning. I am a little bitter that the secondary damage componant of natures virgil will break cc's but in the end heart of the wild provided some useful damage and was even off cooldown near the end for a few wraths.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
I've never done monk healing, but I really can't think of too many interesting mana returns for healers.

About the only one I kinda like is trying to time rapture procs, but even than it isn't all that great. What do you do when your ICD is up and nobody in range is taking enough damage for a shield to break, or they all have weakened soul.

I would gladly give you solace for OOC procs though.
Reply Quote
Most mana returns are really boring.

Holy Priests get Shadowfiend/Mindbender and Hymn of Hope, and that's it. Power Word: Solace isn't too great at the moment, and it might be an interesting talent with the change int he next patch, but it's not gonna be a core mana regen ability.

Resto Shaman have it the worst. Water Shield is strong, but entirely passive. Mana Tide Totem scales with spirit, making it very weak for beginning healers but strong later on. What makes MTT most annoying is that it's raid utility, so you can't necessarily just pop it when you need it if the other healers are fine on mana. Hymn of Hope has a similar problem, and it's channeled, to boot.

What really annoys me about Holy is that Disc gets the exact same mechanics that Holy gets, plus Rapture, one of the few active mana regen models. You'd think that Holy would get higher passive regen or something, but no.

I like the Mistweaver model the best, Chi is similar to Holy Power for having mana-free heals, and Mana Tea is a neat mechanic that forces you to manage your mana well.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Lol who ever thinks melee ing for mana is fun u should def try pally and how "fun" it is if u have time to melee boss for any god damn reason its time for u to cut down ur healer cause at max i can melee swing 3 times and that isnt 100% chance of getting mana and the mana u do get return iF it procs is merely 2400 lol just be a good tree and get MOAR spirit =)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Everytime you get an OOC proc, you snipe the lowest raider with RG. If there is no raid damage, put it on the tank for the HoT. If you're running low on mana, you can pop Tree Form and spam LB to get a ton of procs and pull some sick HPS for virtually no cost, and let the blooms bloom too. Also you can Tranq. Also swiftmend is a ridiculously cheap burst heal. Also you get a free heal every minute with NS. Also you can ironbark on CD for sick absorbs. If you are doing all these things and still having mana problems its a gear issue or a dps check. Otherwise L2P.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warlock

If any class has true active regen, it's monks.

No they don't. Their mechanic just decreases the cost of their heals after the fact. They don't actually have a "gain mana" option like the other classes.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Ummm...I only have Water Shield, which isnt to much help in periods of high damage..

And Mana Tide, which is like a Innervate for the entire group. So how is that not boring?
I mean Sure, I could let a mob beat on me for mana, but that doesnt seem to smart while raiding now does it?

Forgot Resurgence..

Resurgence is just a passive mechanic that you don't really have to pay any attention to; it will just proc mana back naturally over the course of a fight. Certain spell selection results in higher Resurgence returns, but it isn't strong enough to dictate your spell selection around.

It isn't just OOC that Druids have outside of Innervate; you also have Nature's Swiftness, which is a talent that 75%+ of PvE resto druids take and which gives you a free 150% Regrowth every minute. That is also part of your regen mechanics.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
warning-off topic reply

We got him last night 3 healing. I ended up bringing this shammy due to better cooldowns for last phase which helped considerably. Once we got the mob control/CC down pat we seemingly breezed through the last phase. I appreciate the tips though.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]