Zamboozle's Seafood Chow Mein (Healer OT)

86 Goblin Priest
Fluffy:

im not having a very good day. my boyfriend and i might be breaking up. or not. its unclear. ive been crying since 8 am, while at work, have gotten nothing done, and have raging headache. christmas, my favorite holiday, now ruined.

even grumpy cat isnt helping. D:

That's really rough. :( I'm sorry to hear that. -hug-

A few thoughts, to take or leave:

a. If it looks like a break up is inevitable, do so now. Dragging it out will make things worse for both of you.

b. If a break up doesn't seem to be the only end, and his issues don't interfere, work with him to help plan a really good Christmas together.

c. Seeing a counselor or therapist might help. If individually, you can learn how to better help yourself and him in this situation (and he can do the same). If together, you can mete out plans and goals to get through it together.

d. If you do break up now, try to find the silver lining. I know it feels like your holiday is ruined, but you can prevent it from going sour if you're determined. I speak from personal experience on this one. Sometimes it helps to buckle down and be stubborn. Don't be afraid to ask for help, though. We're here for you, and I'm sure your RL friends will be as well. Plan some nights out with friends—or maybe tea/coffee one-on-one with a few you rarely see.

e. Don't beat yourself up. I've been in relationships with people who need more than I feel capable of giving, and I know how it feels to want to be there and give more but find that it comes with a cost you just can't meet. You're not a bad person for not feeling strong enough. If you think you might be strong enough, give it a go, but remember not to compromise your own emotional well-being.

f. Communication is huge. You and your boyfriend should take some time to think about everything, and then meet where you both feel safe and comfortable to discuss everything. "I feel" is a great expression to use, because no one can reasonably deny that you feel a certain way. Make a promise with each other to avoid any blame, if it's relevant to what you need to discuss, and to listen fully and do your best to avoid feeling hurt or angry.

Also, if you ever need to vent, want a personal cheerleader, or just need a quick hug, feel free to add me on realID (ellyinazeroth@yahoo.com) and I'd be happy to help with any and all. Just make sure to make a note in the request, so I know who you are. :>

Thanks so much. This has to be the nicest post I've read in a good long while. Paragraph e resonated with me particularly.

You guys are the best. <3
90 Blood Elf Priest

We're healers. Bleeding Hearts by trade, dontcha know. (god complexes notwithstanding)
86 Goblin Priest
Haha true enough. :3

I cannot decide what to have for dinner and my cat won't stop farting.
90 Draenei Priest
12/21/2012 05:22 PMPosted by Keirisonis
god complexes notwithstanding

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=LqeC3BPYTmE#t=83s
90 Blood Elf Priest
12/21/2012 05:27 PMPosted by Cupcake
cat won't stop farting

My dog farted just as i read that... IT'S SPREADING!

Also, LOL at the Alec Baldwin link.
Edited by Keirisonis on 12/21/2012 5:32 PM PST
100 Night Elf Priest
Thanks so much. This has to be the nicest post I've read in a good long while. Paragraph e resonated with me particularly.

I'll send good feelings and thoughts your way.
85 Human Paladin
http://i.imgur.com/IRISz.gif
90 Gnome Priest
Some changes for 5.2 listed on MMO-Champion.

So far, for Disc: Holy Fire glyph no longer makes it instant. Instead, we can pick up Power Word: Solace, replacing Holy Fire, which does the same damage, has the same CD, is instant and restores 1% of our max mana. I think that might make it the de facto choice for Disc, but would need to test it.

Otherwise, Rapture no longer scales from short term Spirit buffs. Saw it coming. Still wish they'd just change it to a flat percentage or something before it gets out of hand.

EDIT: Oh and here's us killing Blade Lord:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZ-tw1NLrVc&feature=youtu.be

I was the only healer left alive at the end. And I forgot one of them was dead before P2 even started.
Edited by Skootalloo on 12/21/2012 6:00 PM PST
90 Blood Elf Priest
12/21/2012 05:59 PMPosted by Skootalloo
So far, for Disc: Holy Fire glyph no longer makes it instant

Um?? why?!

I only have like one mobile heal, did they feel Disc was TOO GOOD at handling mobility? how bizarre.
100 Night Elf Priest
12/21/2012 06:03 PMPosted by Qùess
So far, for Disc: Holy Fire glyph no longer makes it instant

Um?? why?!

I only have like one mobile heal, did they feel Disc was TOO GOOD at handling mobility? how bizarre.

Instead, we can pick up Power Word: Solace
replacing Holy Fire
which does the same damage
has the same CD
is instant
and restores 1% of our max mana.
90 Blood Elf Priest
But does the damage still heal? I didn't see Atonement in there. :o

10 yards on Smite/HF (Or Solace) is the replacement glyph. Hmm...

All our glyphs suck so bad, I guess it's okay. I just love instant HF and don't wanna lose mindbender just to get it...
Edited by Qùess on 12/21/2012 6:14 PM PST
90 Night Elf Priest
If it counts as an atonement heal... then I guess it doesn't seem too stupid. But wouldn't the Solace version be significantly worse than Mindbender? You can cast 6 Holy Fires a minute, correct? for 6%/min regen. Over mindbender which is, what, 13%/minute? Edit: which doesn't take into account Shadowfiend, which I forget what that works out to...8%/min? So about the same as mindbender then. At least there'll be a reason to take PW:Solace.
Edited by Evry on 12/21/2012 6:23 PM PST
90 Gnome Priest
It's actually more than 6% per minute, I think. I'm not sure, but I am reasonably certain that PW:Sol will still be free. So it'd restore 1% mana in addition to saving you the mana you'd otherwise spend on Holy Fire.

EDIT: And Glyph of Holy Fire increases the range on Holy Fire, Smite and PW:Sol by 10 yards. Handy, but the only time that 30 yard range felt like an issue was back on Zon'ozz when I stuck with the range group but couldn't smite him and keep the ranged group in the AoE for my Maw of the Dragonlord at the same time.
Edited by Skootalloo on 12/21/2012 6:31 PM PST
But .... I love instant Holy Fire. That sucks. I hope they don't take away moving Penance.

If PW: Sol goes to a 10-second cooldown and instant-cast ... then it uses up 6 GCDs every minute just to match Mindbender. (Not counting "saved mana" from not using Holy Fire) There's literally no reason to use it unless they change it to interact with Atonement/Evangelism.
Edited by Heartsings on 12/21/2012 7:26 PM PST
90 Blood Elf Priest
12/21/2012 05:59 PMPosted by Skootalloo
Some changes for 5.2 listed on MMO-Champion.

Notice only like 1 change to shamans... Blizz... why you no listen.
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Fluffy -

If his *issues* are monetary/debt related, then he can't give you any kind of time frame for getting them straightened out. Fixing that stuff isn't like cutting the grass, and you should not expect such.

If you've been crying that long, that indicates to me that you care a great deal about him, and your relationship with him.

You can always get a hug from me, Fluffy - listen to what your heart tells you, and not what anything (or anyone) else tells you.

<3

Love is enough with two people who respect each other, and where both parties put the other first. This may sound like a myth, but I have seen it personally, and it is true. I have yet to find another woman who is remotely like my Grandmother in that regard, but I refuse to believe that all women today are selfish, materialistic B's. It's looking like a real needle in a haystack, but I'm not a quitter.

Men (men, not boys, or whatever passes for *men* these days =/) are, in fact, quite trainable. It does require, however, that the female surrender to him. Which requires a man that she respects enough to do so (another needle in a haystack for certain). When this happens, both are much happier, and more fulfilled. What I say is true, if you don't take the word *surrender* out of context.

Riôt
86 Goblin Priest
His problems are not financial or responsibility centered. He is very responsible and hard working and very good with money. He has helped me turn my finances around for the better.

His problems are extremely low self esteem and extreme social anxiety (which I also suffer from). We handle these problems in very different ways. I have always been a "power through the pain, do it anyway and be scared later" kind of person. He lets his anxiety rule him. I have always been the strong one because I feel there is no other choice. He thinks he is weak, and has no concept of his own strong character. [This guy works full time AND goes to full time college all on his own merit, financial aid plus his own pocket to pay for University, lives on his own, owns his own car, is handsome and kind. And thinks he is a piece of useless crap, literally.]

I had a very stern talk with him tonight about how I don't want to be with someone who doesn't want to be with me bad enough to fight for it. I made him call the crisis hotline because he was being panicky and ridiculous. He did so and was on with them for like 3 hours.

He needs to be on anti depressants, he has never been treated for his issues. So that is the next step. Maybe after that we can talk about whether or not we can have an intimate relationship going forward.

We are both very old fashioned in terms of gender roles [in relationships] so I get what you mean in that last paragraph. The problem has never been that I don't respect him.. rather he does not respect himself, or see how much of a man he really is.
Edited by Cupcake on 12/21/2012 7:59 PM PST
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Is he also a perfectionist, Fluffy?

Riôt
86 Goblin Priest
Yes. And very "my way or the highway" and inflexible about many things. >.< It is frustrating. I blame military father. heh.
100 Night Elf Priest
But .... I love instant Holy Fire. That sucks. I hope they don't take away moving Penance.

If PW: Sol goes to a 10-second cooldown and instant-cast ... then it uses up 6 GCDs every minute just to match Mindbender. (Not counting "saved mana" from not using Holy Fire) There's literally no reason to use it unless they change it to interact with Atonement/Evangelism.

Considering it replaces Holy Fire, I'm pretty sure it will heal.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]