Zamboozle's Seafood Chow Mein (Healer OT)

90 Gnome Priest
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/8226552/Patch_52_PTR_Patch_Note_Preview-12_21_2012

Those Disc changes. Oh my goodness but they are...Oh my goodness.

That Rapture change does not need to happen. Not the nerf, the buff.

And that Spirit Shell change feels so...awkward. I mean, yeah, Spirit Shell had it coming, I basically negated half of Blade Lord's Unseen Strikes just by being smart with it. Makes Spirit Shell into a niche CD for only situations like Unseen Strike. For continuous damage it's a straight throughput loss in the neighborhood of 10-20% as opposed to un-SS'd PoH spam.
100 Draenei Paladin
12/21/2012 10:10 PMPosted by Skootalloo
I mean, yeah, Spirit Shell had it coming, I basically negated half of Blade Lord's Unseen Strikes just by being smart with it.

On Heroic it's even more drastic. Obviously you can't soak up the damage, but having a skilled Disc Priest really cuts down on the danger from those. I'm looking forward to having a Disc in our raid for our future attempts that isn't Shadow MS.

*cough Elethia and/or Kerias cough*

As far as Rapture getting buffed/nerfed... I guess it's to keep it from scaling ridiculously with Mana Tide? I dunno. That does seem like a silly change.
90 Blood Elf Priest
Wow, I was almost considering regemming for spirit when I saw the change unlinking procs/MTT, but 250% Rapture is obscene. I already never OOM without a Shaman anyway, so...

Don't really mind the SS change since I'm stacking crit already, and it seems that SS will benefit from crit more appropriately now? Not sure if reading into that wrong.
100 Draenei Shaman
12/21/2012 10:26 PMPosted by Tailias
As far as Rapture getting buffed/nerfed... I guess it's to keep it from scaling ridiculously with Mana Tide? I dunno. That does seem like a silly change.

Yeah, the "not benefiting from temporary spirit effects" is definitely to divorce it from MTT. Which is all sorts of necessary. I had a bit of a conversation with GC about it on Twitter so I am not surprised by it.

I *am* surprised by the increase to 250% though! Where did that come from? What problem is it solving? It seems almost like compensation for not getting the temporary Spirit effects anymore, but FFS, it was too powerful when it benefited from them! I ... just ... buh?

12/21/2012 10:46 PMPosted by Qùess
Don't really mind the SS change since I'm stacking crit already, and it seems that SS will benefit from crit more appropriately now? Not sure if reading into that wrong.

Really depends on exactly what the changes are. If the SS equations are now simply

(1+crit)(1.5)PoH
(1+crit)(1+(crit*1.5))other-spells

Then yes, Crit-heavy builds will reward SS usage (whereas before, crit-heavy builds produced a much smaller throughput increase via SS than mastery-heavy builds did, of course).

If, when it says "DA is properly included" they mean that it will mirror the amount of DA we get from healing, e.g. including our Mastery in the amount of DA shielding, then it really depends on how much Mastery vs Crit we can get to in our gear. I think. I dunno. I'm gonna do some more 3D graphs, I guess :-/

[edited to take advantage of the magic of the Internet *spooky sounds*]
Edited by Dayani on 12/21/2012 11:25 PM PST
90 Night Elf Druid
Riot is my good luck charm <3

Seriously. Was chatting with Riot while doing LFR and the loot gods are just like "HAVE ALL OF THE TIER PIECES"! xD Before talking to him it was just "here have gold and more gold and yes more gold".

:P
90 Blood Elf Priest
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/8226552/Patch_52_PTR_Patch_Note_Preview-12_21_2012

Those Disc changes. Oh my goodness but they are...Oh my goodness.

That Rapture change does not need to happen. Not the nerf, the buff.

And that Spirit Shell change feels so...awkward. I mean, yeah, Spirit Shell had it coming, I basically negated half of Blade Lord's Unseen Strikes just by being smart with it. Makes Spirit Shell into a niche CD for only situations like Unseen Strike. For continuous damage it's a straight throughput loss in the neighborhood of 10-20% as opposed to un-SS'd PoH spam.

The buff... I don't want it... the mana is already dripping from every orifice on my body... DONT GIVE ME MORE!

*cries in the corner*
100 Blood Elf Paladin

Seriously. Was chatting with Riot while doing LFR and the loot gods are just like "HAVE ALL OF THE TIER PIECES"! xD Before talking to him it was just "here have gold and more gold and yes more gold".

You are most welcome. :)

If you had stayed Horde, I could have been there to see it, but alas...

Riôt
12/21/2012 10:58 PMPosted by Dayani
I'm gonna do some more 3D graphs, I guess :-/

MORE GRAPHS, YAY

*sends you graphing cookies*

The PTR notes seem to indicate that PW: Sol will Atone-heal just like Holy Fire. So that makes it an interesting choice. Currently the choices in that tier are ...... FDCL if you're Shadow. Otherwise, Mindbender. And more Mindbender.
90 Blood Elf Priest
12/21/2012 10:58 PMPosted by Dayani
If, when it says "DA is properly included" they mean that it will mirror the amount of DA we get from healing, e.g. including our Mastery in the amount of DA shielding, then it really depends on how much Mastery vs Crit we can get to in our gear. I think. I dunno. I'm gonna do some more 3D graphs, I guess :-/

Whenever I try reading your graphs my brain explodes, I'll try and get smarter for the next wave.

I didn't reforge because of AMR/noxxic either D; I just felt crit was better for my comp. I always try a lot of dif things.
100 Draenei Shaman
MORE GRAPHS, YAY

*sends you graphing cookies*

<3

But also I have already baked 12 dozen cookies today and have another 12 dozen to go, soooooo I would actually prefer a graphing salad to counteract the fine layer of cookie dough that I feel I am coated in :D

Whenever I try reading your graphs my brain explodes, I'll try and get smarter for the next wave.

I didn't reforge because of AMR/noxxic either D; I just felt crit was better for my comp. I always try a lot of dif things.

Oh I didn't meant to imply you had! By way of apology, have a cookie; you may choose from graphing cookies or butterscotch oatmeal cookies or white chocolate cherry cookies :)

In fact I'm not sure why I said that at all. I might use the magic of the internet to un-say it, since it serves no purpose in that sentence ;)
90 Night Elf Druid

You are most welcome. :)

If you had stayed Horde, I could have been there to see it, but alas...

Riôt

Psh, I'm leveling a horde toon ... very, very slowly >_>
90 Blood Elf Priest
12/21/2012 11:24 PMPosted by Dayani
By way of apology, have a cookie; you may choose from graphing cookies or butterscotch oatmeal cookies or white chocolate cherry cookies :)

Aww, no need to apologize. I'll take a butterscotch oatmeal though ;)
90 Blood Elf Priest
12/21/2012 11:28 PMPosted by Veroicone

That's what happens when i try to make an alliance toon.
90 Night Elf Druid
12/21/2012 11:41 PMPosted by Keirisonis

That's what happens when i try to make an alliance toon.

Well I was horde before so all of my level 85's+ are all horde except for my second priest which is alliance.

But leveling is so mind numbing.
90 Night Elf Priest
250% rapture eh? wonder how long that'll last on the ptr.

So. I'm kinda happy, kinda sad. Happy because after failing to teach dps/healers not to stand in cobalt mines, I got pugged for a guild run on Amber Shaper. We didn't manage to kill Empress; but, I don't think it was my fault ^_^ did pretty well for myself, I think, given gear and never having done the fight before.

Sadly, they'd like to bring me again. But they are east coast and raid at 5pm -_-#

hm. maybe it's a good thing we didn't down her. Because then the mace would have dropped. And I wouldn't have rolled on it because both their healers need it, and they're friends. And I would never have seen it drop again, on any difficulty.
Edited by Evry on 12/22/2012 2:22 AM PST
100 Draenei Paladin
The buff... I don't want it... the mana is already dripping from every orifice on my body... DONT GIVE ME MORE!

*cries in the corner*

This is pretty terrifying imagery. lol
100 Blood Elf Monk
12/21/2012 07:56 PMPosted by Cupcake
The problem has never been that I don't respect him.. rather he does not respect himself, or see how much of a man he really is.

I was with someone who was essentially the female equivalent of this for the majority of my teenage life. I loved her to death but in the end, all it did was cause a lot of tension and depression on my end.

I remember constantly wondering why I was such a bad boyfriend, or why I couldn't do anything to help her, or why I couldn't fix everything ever in the whole world. I mean, I was super young, but that !@#$ %^-*ed with me hard. You basically have to make them change themselves first, or at least start trying.

I remember for the first year after we broke up, I had the worst self esteem issues. ._.
I loved her to death but in the end, all it did was cause a lot of tension and depression on my end.

I remember constantly wondering why I was such a bad boyfriend, or why I couldn't do anything to help her, or why I couldn't fix everything ever in the whole world. I mean, I was super young, but that !@#$ %^-*ed with me hard. You basically have to make them change themselves first, or at least start trying.

I've been the female equivalent of Fluffy's boyfriend.

There is very, very little that a gf/bf can do to "make things better." Even the one time that my boyfriend made a difference ... it was because he introduced me to a new way of looking at things, which I went after with a vengeance. But he did not fix me all better with the power of love. He gave me more tools to help me fix myself.

The most you can do, Fluffy, is:
Make sure he knows how big a problem it is
Help him find the tools he needs
Support him
Accept whatever path he chooses
Hang in there

But when you're struggling with the same thing yourself, you need to also do those things for yourself. And it can be very hard.
90 Human Priest
Yeah I can't tell how big of a nerf SS without mastery is.

It "sounds" pretty big, but at the same time you get DA and crit back on it. The big question is: is crit>mastery now for 25man discPOH priests?

Aaaagh /wracks brain.

LIGHT THE KAELS AND TWISTED SIGNAL. WE REQUIRE THEIR MATHEMATICAL EXPERTISE.
100 Blood Elf Monk
12/22/2012 10:24 AMPosted by Heartsings
He gave me more tools to help me fix myself.

See. I tried that, usually. I gave her resources, information, the way I see things, just. Everything in my power to try and assist. I made sure she went to her therapist regularly, I refused to let her slack on her medicine.

I mean, I wasn't relying on the power of love for anything, really. I'm not stupid, after all.

I think what REALLY got me was that I found ways to cope and deal with my problems, and I couldn't handle the fact that with all of the help she had, she couldn't deal with hers. Then I started drinking and smoking and then that was kind of an ending point for the relationship. >>
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]