Zamboozle's Seafood Chow Mein (Healer OT)

90 Blood Elf Priest
God i love when people decide to be my pocket healer in a bg. Makes me so unstoppable. Holy priest saw me peeling for him and decided to follow me like a puppy. <3
100 Blood Elf Mage
12/22/2012 10:36 AMPosted by Zamboozle
LIGHT THE KAELS AND TWISTED SIGNAL. WE REQUIRE THEIR MATHEMATICAL EXPERTISE.

Kaels is in Florida vacationing with his family for Christmas, but who knows, maybe he will check the intertrons while there :)
100 Blood Elf Mage
Keiri, do you BG as shadow, or were you on another toon?
90 Night Elf Druid
God i love when people decide to be my pocket healer in a bg. Makes me so unstoppable. Holy priest saw me peeling for him and decided to follow me like a puppy. <3

I love when someone peels for me, I follow them around as well :P
See. I tried that, usually. I gave her resources, information, the way I see things, just. Everything in my power to try and assist. I made sure she went to her therapist regularly, I refused to let her slack on her medicine.

I mean, I wasn't relying on the power of love for anything, really. I'm not stupid, after all.

I think what REALLY got me was that I found ways to cope and deal with my problems, and I couldn't handle the fact that with all of the help she had, she couldn't deal with hers. Then I started drinking and smoking and then that was kind of an ending point for the relationship. >>

Yep. The person being helped has to be willing to put a lot of effort into it as well. Even in my story, my new methods only kept me going for like ... 7 or 8 months? And I didn't have the will to move on from there and keep growing. We had an amazing 10 months where we were perfect together, and then he grew up and quit smoking, and I tried to kill myself. And so our paths diverged.

Depression is hard, complicated stuff.

For reference: I was already seeing a therapist and taking medication. What Dave introduced me to was his AA group.
Edited by Heartsings on 12/22/2012 11:44 AM PST
90 Blood Elf Priest
12/22/2012 11:33 AMPosted by Taymage
Keiri, do you BG as shadow, or were you on another toon?

I BG as shadow. Disc and holy just aren't fun in pvp atm. Plus, blowing everything up is often therapeutic.
OMGZERS shadow DPS is so effing fun. It's just. omg. I never expected to enjoy a DPS spec this much. Makes me wish I could queue as DPS. Instead I just do dailies in Shadow and that's enough to get my fix.

What pvp glyphs do you run with.
90 Blood Elf Priest
OMGZERS shadow DPS is so effing fun. It's just. omg. I never expected to enjoy a DPS spec this much. Makes me wish I could queue as DPS. Instead I just do dailies in Shadow and that's enough to get my fix.

What pvp glyphs do you run with.

Inner sanctum for bgs and switch it out to inner fire ( if i'm arena'ing against a melee cleave), mindspike, and dark binding. Switch out mindspike for dispersion if i'm up against a 2 minute wonder arena comp(crazy burst for 20 secs then nothing worth talking about till cds come back up)

edit: also i'm running with the pvp healing 4 set because the offhealing and on demand resil is too good to pass up for dual or triple dps comps in arena.
Edited by Keirisonis on 12/22/2012 11:59 AM PST
86 Goblin Priest
I think what REALLY got me was that I found ways to cope and deal with my problems, and I couldn't handle the fact that with all of the help she had, she couldn't deal with hers.

Yeah this is something I have always struggled with, not only in romantic relationships. I had a seriously !@#$ball childhood full of some truly epic badness. I'm pretty effed up but I am also highly freakishly functional. I take pragmatism to a whole new level. I am the definition of 'get 'er done' so when I encounter people who are seriously crippled by anxiety or depression, especially when they have no "reason" (aka no tragic event happened that I feel justifies their mewling) I feel pretty dismissive of their issues.

I try really really hard to work on that. Especially for my sister's sake, since she has horrible depression and cuts herself and so forth. Inside my head when she does things all I can think is "why are you such a selfish miserable %^-*? You had a golden life and this is what you do with it? Do you even know what I've gone through?" But outside I do my best to be supportive.

I sound like such a jerk. >.> But damnit, I'm nice I swear. I've been super kind and supportive to the boyfriend.

Update: He is at a doctor now, doing I am not sure what. The steps the crisis hotline told him to follow, I suppose. Which will hopefully lead to medication.
86 Goblin Priest
I feel bad for making this thread a bit of a downer. >.> Sorry.

I think today I am going to reforge my spirit into dpsy goodness and try the brawler's guild. :3 I wonder if I will be able to reforge down to the hitcap. I hope so.
100 Blood Elf Monk
12/22/2012 12:10 PMPosted by Cupcake
I sound like such a jerk. >.> But damnit, I'm nice I swear. I've been super kind and supportive to the boyfriend.

It's not really unnatural to feel that way. I had a really !@#$ty childhood, struggled with crippling social anxiety and depression with literally no help or medication.

Ended up turning to alcohol and drugs to fix my problems, realized THAT wasn't helping, sobered up ON MY OWN without AA or anything. I mean. Every time I've had issues, I've stepped up and fixed it on my own.

I usually have a few people I vent to and force myself into situations that scare the %^-* out of me to help me get over the irrationality of the whole thing. If I can do it, why can't everyone, y'know? I understand that brains are complex, but !@#$%^-.
85 Human Paladin
They may take our guns.

They may take our video games.

But they'll never take our: http://i.imgur.com/UJBG5.jpg
100 Blood Elf Mage
Apparently he needs to wash his pants after going to the beach.
90 Blood Elf Priest
Outhpsed every healer in an LFR by using atonement... 2 other priests were using spirit shell on cd and didn't beat me... My faith in humanity... It's gone. @.@
100 Draenei Shaman
12/22/2012 07:19 PMPosted by Keirisonis
Outhpsed every healer in an LFR by using atonement... 2 other priests were using spirit shell on cd and didn't beat me... My faith in humanity... It's gone. @.@

I ... but ... what?
90 Blood Elf Priest
12/22/2012 07:38 PMPosted by Dayani

I ... but ... what?

I... I dunno... But i think they were using it with Heal instead of PoH or something... The run was... painful.
90 Night Elf Druid
^ Nothing shocks me in LFR anymore :P

Sooo, I've been thinking about the healing podcast ... again haha.

Would only be 1-2 times a month maybe at first? Possibly recorded live, idk. SO if anyone is interested let me know :P Would like 4-5+ people including myself of various classes, both pve and pvp, yada yada.

Would discuss healing woes, answer questions, patch stuff, QQ about nerfs, cheer about buffs, blah blah.

Website is still up http://podcast.outofmana.me and I'd do all of the technical stuff. The actual podcast would probably occur over Skype and broadcasted live over twitch or just recorded.
Edited by Veroicone on 12/22/2012 8:44 PM PST
90 Gnome Priest
I got a $300 gift card for cooking classes as an early Christmas gift.

It's actually pretty cool. There's at least one I'll definitely take a crack at that's a steakhouse-styled one. Says I'll be making the following: Caesar salad, grilled strip steak with garlic herb butter, twice-baked potatoes, oven-roasted broccoli and something they call 'molten chocolate cake'. I also get two glasses of either beer or wine to go along with it.

I need to look into some of the other ones. It does look fun though. Fun and delicious.
90 Night Elf Druid
^ That's really neat and that food sounds so good :D
90 Tauren Shaman
Why hello.

I just hit 90 about an hour ago, and have healed a couple of heroics. It sure is nice to be healing again. They were pretty damn easy, but I'm waiting for the hammer to drop. I have only 5294 spirit after all. Are anyone of them particularly difficult to heal in crappy gear?
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]