Zamboozle's Seafood Chow Mein (Healer OT)

90 Pandaren Shaman
i just got to honored, the grind spot mentioned on wowhead for black prince rep is amazing. :3

do warriors have some kind of misdirecty thingie? a fellow hordie warrior seemed to not care for me farming at the same place as him, so he kept aggroing a bunch of the mobs and then somehow getting them to attack me even though i hadn't hit them. he thought he could kill me. *chuckles* instead i just got more rep.
90 Blood Elf Priest
Probably just some sort of aggro drop ability. (not that familiar with warriors. Or possibly just mobs that cleave.
90 Pandaren Shaman
they weren't even near me. like 20 yards away! i didn't chain lightning them or anything. >.< it was sooo weird.
90 Blood Elf Priest
you can get aggro from attacking other things nearby if the warrior didn't hit them. I use it to kill allies on my server. Druids think they can kitty stealth and afk near my rare spawn... *shakes head* denied.
90 Pandaren Shaman
man people can talk all they want about how much logistically harder it is to run a 25 man over a 10 man but there are few things as disappointing as repeatedly being unable to raid because of a single absence is the most frustrating thing in the world. with 10 man raiding you almost always have to have either a small perfect attendance roster or a stable of maybes, and its hard to find people who are interested in hard modes yet also willing to warm the bench.

running a roster of exactly 10 is bad. 11 is better, but if everyone has perfect attendance, one always sits. we have a roster of 12 (10 with 2 bench) now, and tonight our raid leader had to be gone for irl commitment so we called on our bench. one bench couldn't make it, the other was there, a regular raider was 30 minutes late. once he finally logs in, the bench guy who was in gets auto logged out from afk and never comes back.

raid called. >.<

also this: http://grabilla.com/02c11-0051fa08-a766-43fe-a059-62037e36a01e.png
90 Pandaren Monk
man people can talk all they want about how much logistically harder it is to run a 25 man over a 10 man but there are few things as disappointing as repeatedly being unable to raid because of a single absence is the most frustrating thing in the world. with 10 man raiding you almost always have to have either a small perfect attendance roster or a stable of maybes, and its hard to find people who are interested in hard modes yet also willing to warm the bench.

running a roster of exactly 10 is bad. 11 is better, but if everyone has perfect attendance, one always sits. we have a roster of 12 (10 with 2 bench) now, and tonight our raid leader had to be gone for irl commitment so we called on our bench. one bench couldn't make it, the other was there, a regular raider was 30 minutes late. once he finally logs in, the bench guy who was in gets auto logged out from afk and never comes back.

raid called. >.<

yeah.

very small, insular guild.

12 raiders total.

Since we don't exactly have volunteers for healing or tanking OS (beyond the feral dps/bear OT and our RL who is shadow/Holy for when we 3-heal fights... which is often...) if MT or OT are absent... we... yeah. One of our consistently top-performing dps'ers (rogue) has managed to get his Blood DK levelled & geared up, so we can choose to lose his well-executed dps so that we can at least *run* if we need 2 tanks and one is absent... you know, presuming we have another body around to fill the dps spot he's vacated to tank for us.

So we mostly have to rotate dps, which we do mostly on a volunteer basis (obviously people are unavailable now & then for real-life stuff anyway, so we try to make that the week where they sit) but... yeah. We get hit hard by RL drama, vacations, holiday time (*cough*Christmas*cough*), and computer problems.

so frustrating.
90 Draenei Shaman
I briefly ran a 10-man guild mainly to clean up the fallout after the 25-man guild I was in disbanded out of frustration with Heroic Ragnaros progression. My ideal roster was 14, and I made sure any applicants/trials knew that in order to ensure we could raid every week, everyone was going to have to sit out a few fights each raid lockout.

Rather than forcing any player to sit out every single fight for a week, I instead rotated people in on a fight-by-fight basis. I published a roster each week showing who was in for which kills, and I would cycle it so that players had as much of a chance to get the gear they needed as possible, and that everyone got a kill of each boss at least once. I had 4 main-spec healers so we often 3-healed fights that other guilds would 2-heal (such as Heroic Yor'sahj), and I had 2 main-spec tanks and one off-spec tank.

It was a strain on me to produce the roster each week, but it really went smoothly. Nobody seemed to mind sitting out for bosses they didn't need loot from, and on nights where a scheduled raider unexpectedly didn't show up, they were also happy to step back in. We had a lot of flexibility so that people could take a night off for RL stuff without feeling guilty.

I really liked the 14-person roster. And I solved the "but so-and-so sat out *3* fights this week and I had to sit out *4*" problems by simply ensuring I sat out more often than the other healers, and made sure that if a DPS sat out 4 fights one week, he'd only sit out 3 the next, etc. But I definitely had to find raiders with an appropriate mindset and attitude, and that wasn't always easy.
90 Blood Elf Monk
@Fluffy: Being in a cutting edge progression guild with a 25-26 person roster is just as frustrating at times. I'm not going to get into huge detail but we've had nights where we just couldn't raid because we didn't have one person that would make the right comp.

Trust me, not being able to raid because of 1 person is something that 25man guilds suffer from too.
90 Tauren Druid
To poach or not to poach. There is a decent Arcane mage in a guild I have pugged with on my paladin. They have been stuck on Gara'jal forever, and he has been making a few "I am not satisfied with my raid team" noises. We have had to pug 3 or 4 people to fill our 10 man team, which hasn't been a problem so far as our team has a decent reputation on our tiny little server, but you never know, and we do not have a full time mage.

Hmm...
90 Blood Elf Monk
Poach.
90 Troll Shaman
12/17/2012 08:23 AMPosted by Pipikaula
To poach or not to poach.

Offering someone options is not poaching, it is giving them options.
90 Pandaren Monk
To poach or not to poach.

We were perennially short on ranged in Cata, and at one point in early DS we were having to pug a dps pretty much every week. One week we pugged a hunter we'd never heard of from a guild we don't think much of. She was a *perfect* fit for us socially, and *smoked* our regular hunter (who was close to quitting the game for RL reasons anyway). We brought her in a few times after that, and soon began putting her on the roster regularly. She told us she couldn't leave her guild right at that moment (this wasn't a problem for us), but a couple of months later the timing was better and she came over.
Edited by Meditation on 12/17/2012 8:39 AM PST
90 Blood Elf Priest
12/17/2012 08:29 AMPosted by Harpoa

Truefact, we got some of our best raiders from weaker, smaller guilds on server. It's a pretty standard way to recruit, imo. People wanna climb the ladder.
90 Pandaren Shaman
Go for it Pipi! I wish I knew other people to offer raid spots to. >.<

WTB 1 reliable ranged dps. Mage flavoured would be lovely. lol

I guess all my experience in 25 man raiding involved having a much larger than 25 roster of people to choose from should someone be absent. I haven't raided 25 man since Ulduar, and I remember my guild back then always had extra people around - and if we had to raid with 24, well, so be it. It didn't matter overly much.

Even on normals, doing 10 mans, you can't really 9 man it. I dunno, maybe we could have tried clearing MSV with 9 instead of killing the hard modes we have done already?

I'm not an officer so I don't know why I am spending so much time worrying about this stuff anyway. :<
90 Tauren Druid
Very true. I think I will send a diplomatically worded in-game mail to him tonight and see if he can pug into our next MSV run.

And if the other guild accuses me of poaching, I will tell them it was merely an option. :D
90 Blood Elf Monk
I guess all my experience in 25 man raiding involved having a much larger than 25 roster of people to choose from should someone be absent. I haven't raided 25 man since Ulduar, and I remember my guild back then always had extra people around - and if we had to raid with 24, well, so be it. It didn't matter overly much.

Even on normals, doing 10 mans, you can't really 9 man it. I dunno, maybe we could have tried clearing MSV with 9 instead of killing the hard modes we have done already?

Thing is, with the rate at which we kill hardmodes, we're generally always working on a progression boss until we finish the tier.

Can't have people missing on progression or we can't do it. Example: We had Heroic Empress up all week last week but didn't have the 1 person we needed to finish the healing core for the fight so we just couldn't do it at all.
90 Pandaren Shaman
That is verra frustrating. >.< Attendance issues maruihenebmemvbsdlmc. Why can't people just show up when they say they will.

It probably has to do with that "it's just a game" mentality / excuse which irritates me to no end. "It's just a game so it doesn't matter if I'm late." "It's just a game so it doesn't matter if I'm rude to those people."

*stabby feelings*
90 Pandaren Monk
12/17/2012 08:41 AMPosted by Fluffy
I dunno, maybe we could have tried clearing MSV with 9 instead of killing the hard modes we have done already?

Yeah, we 9-manned regular Stone Guard/Feng/Garajal/Spirit Kings a couple of weeks ago because we didn't have 10, and we're not into heroic progression yet (ie, our raiders won't have as much gear as your raiders).

It was before our first Elegon kill, so I if I remember correctly, we called it there.

edited: only worth it if a few people still need stuff from the regular mode bosses, of course.
Edited by Meditation on 12/17/2012 9:03 AM PST
90 Pandaren Shaman
There are plenty of us still rocking blues here and there, myself included. We could use the gear from normals sure. I think though, that they don't want to clear normals when we have hard modes more or less farmy.

Assuming everyone shows up as expected tonight, we should have no problem doing HM sg and feng and then clearing the rest on normal asap so we can get back into terrace and hopefully finish it.

I'd rather have cleared msv last night and had all night tonight to do terrace, but c'est la vie!
90 Pandaren Priest
One of our ret pallies last night upgraded his 463 to a 502 Starshatter when we killed H Elegon.

Also, the general forums are filled with some RP these days. The 5.1 quest chain is working wonders, I guess.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]