Pet Battles Updates

90 Troll Druid
Well it starts off at about that pace, but by 10 it definitely takes more than 3 doesn't it? Unless I'm mistaken :s

Again, I'm not saying you should be able to level a pet to 25 in an hour. Just make it not quite so brutal is all I'm asking for >.<

Also, if Blizz made an IOS app which made it possible to do pet battles on my iPhone (or for those with iPads) I'd be pretty stoked.
Edited by Leaflock on 12/15/2012 7:50 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Death Knight
Well it starts off at about that pace, but by 10 it definitely takes more than 3 doesn't it? Unless I'm mistaken :s

Again, I'm not saying you should be able to level a pet to 25 in an hour. Just make it not quite so brutal is all I'm asking for >.<

Once you have some level 25 pets at your disposal, leveling the others does take less than an hour.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Rumor has it (data mined) that Pet cages that require lv 20 to use are in file just not in game, does this mean in the future that a "hot fix" is going to be applied to stop player from realm/faction hopping to trade/sell pets, OR will some previous non cage-able pets be cage-able?
I would assume that its to stop pet selling/trading,or was it considered then abandoned?

in the beta, you could cage any pet (except some of the extremely rare ones like frosty.) I seriously made 525k in a week selling pets on the AH. (I would catch one every battle, and immediately cage it)

Blizzard thought this lowered the expectation and fun of going around in the world and leveling your pets. So it was turned off.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
I'd appreciate a small buff to the experience pets gain for pet battles (be it PvE or PvP). I only say this due to the vast number of pets there are.

I know this is a very niche aspect of the game, and those that exclusively do pet battles will be quick to say "gtfo, stop the QQ leveling is fine, don't dumb down our part of the game," and that's definitely not what I'm asking for. I'm not saying each win should grant a level, but it just feels a bit too much IMO.

I was very excited for pet battles, but once it got to around lvl 10, it felt incredibly grindy to lvl the pets. My goal was to lvl 2 of every kin and I quickly saw that would take entirely too long to do (unless you have the time to play all day-every day). It just dissuades me from wanting to buy pets from the online store or AH simply because of the time it would take to level that pet.

Not asking for anything crazy. And yes I saw there's the hat. I don't have any great examples of what could be done, but I'd be inclined to do a lot more pet battles if the leveling process wasn't so arduous.

And I'm very open to any counter arguments, just please, keep it civil. :]

This buff coming to using level 25s is pretty significant and will really cut down on leveling time anyway (or at least bandages) so I dont see another one being particularly necessary.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest

1) We do have a disadvantage when we dismiss our pets. How in the world can you conclude otherwise?
2) And that helps in each and every situation, right?
3) Stating the obvious! So what? That's not the point.

Like I said if you want to complain, then nothing will stop you. You know how to avoid any and all problems associated with having a combat pet and engaging in pet battles. Or, maybe you don't, but either way any problems associated with this are related to stupidity and it's difficult to have sympathy for that.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
Thank you so muuuuuuuuuuuch
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
You no longer need to worry about this as the level-3 pet will now receive 100% of the XP that’s earned, so long as it has participated in at least one round of combat.

THIS MAKES ME SO HAPPY AMG
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Has this already been hotfixed in or is it still in the works? I've noticed my high level pets still seem to be "stealing" experience from the lower level ones.
Reply Quote
MVP
90 Worgen Warlock
12/15/2012 04:18 PMPosted by Empowermonks
Has this already been hotfixed in or is it still in the works? I've noticed my high level pets still seem to be "stealing" experience from the lower level ones.

It requires a server restart so it should be in on Tuesday.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
so i just attemped this a pet battle useing 2 25s and a 1. the hot fix dident seem to take because i was still getting split xp, when my lv 25s died there was no split.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Death Knight
12/15/2012 07:53 AMPosted by Ilikepurple
Especially with the hotfix incoming.

I probably won't change the way I level up, it seems to work fine for me.

I use a Minfernal, Darkmoon Zeppelin, Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling, and three Pet Bomblings. Yep, I just explode my way to victory. The Bomblings are even uncommon quality, but when fighting the Jungle Grubs you don't need a rare quality mechanical pet to hit once and then explode. Even better, they're dirt cheap.

All in all, takes a half hour to level from 1-25 this way.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Thank you so much. I hate when my level 25 pets steal xp from my lower level pets and i do all the pandaria tamers everyday to power level my low pets.

Can't wait to play again with this live. Going to be much easier to level pets now with my roster of 25s helping.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
12/15/2012 04:22 PMPosted by Reinforce
so i just attemped this a pet battle useing 2 25s and a 1. the hot fix dident seem to take because i was still getting split xp, when my lv 25s died there was no split.

^This.

Why put something in your Hotfix notes when it has yet to be hotfixed? it is really annoying.
Reply Quote
26 Worgen Rogue
12/15/2012 10:39 PMPosted by Nyf

^This.

Why put something in your Hotfix notes when it has yet to be hotfixed? it is really annoying.

Probably because when they make the change first, then tell everyone after the fact, there is even more complaining. Having the knowledge before the fact helps you plan around it.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
12/16/2012 12:40 PMPosted by Psynister

^This.

Probably because when they make the change first, then tell everyone after the fact, there is even more complaining. Having the knowledge before the fact helps you plan around it.

Its one thing to say, oh this hotfix is on its way. then put in the hotfix, then release the notes.

but no, they said, this hotfix is coming, then put it in the notes with a bunch of things that already are implemented and it was not implemented.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
Kyraz
90 Night Elf Hunter
Daze n Knights
Hi.

I have been wondering this for quite a while, why does blizzard have so little contact with the community?

Do you have contempt for the community here, so you choose not to communicate as much as you have to? I noticed sometimes when you do choose to communicate, sometimes its through other outlets like twitter or reddit or elsewhere.

Another reason that comes to mind is, sometimes when i did see you talking here on the forums, some people twist their words. If it's a current hot button issue, if a blizz rep doesn't post exactly what people want to hear, they get even madder.

Blame the community.

Those of us who have been around have seen the changes over the years. We used to have a very open communication with the blues and devs. As the community has become more vindictive and hostile, the blues have had to become more "professional" in order to deal with the verbal abuse, accusations and really nasty behaviors that occur here.

It used to be a blast here with lots of fun and honest interactions, but it is simply no longer possible due to over sensitive flowers who are crushed at any hint of disagreement and who consider themselves "slapped in the face" over anything that they do not agree with and the overt hostility of some, who lack any obvious form of self control when something happens that they do not like.

Some of us remember the exit of a former blue who could no longer tolerate the degree of abuses that took place here on a regular basis. The bad attitudes make this a not so great job for those who sign up to communicate with us on these forums.

Really sad, but a reality of the verbal abuse that passes for discussions here these days.

so true.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
12/15/2012 04:22 PMPosted by Reinforce

Just going to confirm as well, that the XP not splitting on Level 25s, is not currently active. We will have to wait til post-maintenance, when servers come down. Some hotfixes require a realm restart to work, and this one may be such a case. If it isn't working afterwords, then we got a bigger problem.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]