Tank class you hate to heal?

90 Blood Elf Priest
I'll start this off. I hate healing monk tanks. They're just way too squishy, sucking my mana pool dry, etc. It's not quite like healing another dps that has aggro, but it's close.

I'm considering leaving after the first boss dies, if it's a monk tank from now on, they are beginning to get that annoying to me.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Tanks that suck.

All of them are so activity-dependent now that a bad tank is just taking a ridiculous amount of damage compared to a skilled one in the same gear.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
I haven't had too many issues with monks surprisingly.

But what Mahourai said. The tank specs are all relatively balanced and if the player is good, they will be easy to heal. A bad player on any tank spec is a nightmare to heal.

That said, I've had the most issues with pallies for some reason. Bears and Good DKs have been the easiest to heal for me, followed by warriors. I've found most paladin tanks I've encountered in PuGs to be extremely squishy.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Big difference between a good tank and bad, especially with monks and DKs.

That said, there are a ton of these threads, Misshealalot. Please do a quick forum search before making a thread. You'll avoid making repeats that way.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
12/14/2012 09:48 PMPosted by Eoten
That said, I've had the most issues with pallies for some reason. Bears and Good DKs have been the easiest to heal for me, followed by warriors. I've found most paladin tanks I've encountered in PuGs to be extremely squishy.

That's probably because you're a Resto Druid. When a tank is 'squishy', it creates a situation where the HoT stack is overwhelmed and you're forced into a position where you need to burst heal a tank without decent tools to do so.

In contrast, more reactive healers (Resto Shaman and Holy Priests) thrive in such an environment. They don't get easily overwhelmed by burst damage. Rather, their problem is with sustaining that burst. So when forced to heal a tank whose life bounces around unpredictably (such as a DK), they end up burning huge chunks of mana unnecessarily.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
I have issues with Bear Druids. Paladins and Dks are cake. Warriors pretty ez too. Had a bad run of Monk tanks but last night had a GREAT monk tank who had worse gear than some of the others but was CAKE to heal.

Seems to me Bear Tanks I have issue with the initial burst but afterwards they ok
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Tanks that suck.

All of them are so activity-dependent now that a bad tank is just taking a ridiculous amount of damage compared to a skilled one in the same gear.
Reply Quote
Its not the class, it's the player behind the tank.
Reply Quote
68 Blood Elf Mage
I have yet to see a monk tank that wasn't difficult to heal. I'm still not sure if it's the class, or the players, or both.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
12/15/2012 06:02 PMPosted by Salandron
I have yet to see a monk tank that wasn't difficult to heal. I'm still not sure if it's the class, or the players, or both.

A good monk tank takes wayyyyy less damage than any other tank.
Reply Quote
89 Troll Shaman
Bad Tanks -> Monk -> Paladin -> Druid -> DK -> Warrior

Just a personal preference in mechanics, style, mobility, threat and DPS.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
The best and worst are Death Knights. Some monitor their Blood Shield and time Death Strikes for maximum effect. Others use Obliterate and end up dead on the floor, blaming everyone else for their failure.
Reply Quote
1 Troll Shaman
I'll start this off. I hate healing monk tanks. They're just way too squishy, sucking my mana pool dry, etc. It's not quite like healing another dps that has aggro, but it's close.

I'm considering leaving after the first boss dies, if it's a monk tank from now on, they are beginning to get that annoying to me.
Monks are an avoidance tank, which looks interesting, but by design is horrible.

You design a spec that is suppose to take damage from the boss, but do so in a way that requires luck and RNG for your damage reduction.

Monks aren't so bad, they just can't take the hit like other tanks can, however they can avoid (if played right) more attacks than other tanks.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
I like good monk tanks. Not only do they take very little damage, it's nice to see a guard on the entire party. On the otherhand, I've gotten a monk tank who went 100% to 0% literally in the time I got stunned the boss with the dog in Mogu'shan Palace.

And yuck @ blood DKs who only have blood boil + diseases on their bars and brag about their DPS. BUT ITS THE HEALERS JOB TO KEEP ME ALIVE!

Druids druids and warriors who dump rage on maul or heroic strike/cleave are pretty easy to heal if you compare them to a bad monk or DK. In my experience, I've had squishy paladins. Idk why they're squishy; I push to do more healing than healers when I'm on MY paladin.

So yeah, I'd say some classes are harder to heal than others... If you're only comparing bad players, of course.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Leveling my resto shamy, I've found lower level monk tanks very hard to heal sometimes, as well as DK tanks who don't understand the value of blood shield. But as others have said, good tank players are good on healing. My guild has a monk main tank who is just awesome and a breeze to heal on my holy priest.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Any good tank is fine. If I have to heal a bad tank then all the gods in wow help me if it's a monk, I honestly think they need something to make the bad ones less squishy...it won't stop them being bad but it will then at least give the party the same chance of completing the content despite the tank that they'd have if the tank was a different class.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Tank that has no clue how to....usually it's people who just queue as tanks and have no idea what they are doing. Last night I have one run with 'badish' DK tank and healing was a chore and then another very good warrior tank and healing was a breeze...or it could be just be sucking;)
Reply Quote
36 Human Rogue
12/15/2012 06:06 PMPosted by Keirisonis

A good monk tank takes wayyyyy less damage than any other tank.

Then I have seen only bad Monk tanks on my Pally.

When you go into a run and you have as much or more health than the tank on your Holy Pally, that is a sign that you will be burning alot of mana healing the tank.
Reply Quote
80 Human Priest
12/16/2012 12:18 AMPosted by Mitimem
The best and worst are Death Knights. Some monitor their Blood Shield and time Death Strikes for maximum effect. Others use Obliterate and end up dead on the floor, blaming everyone else for their failure.

Obliterate is Frost DK only. No DK tank can use Obliterate. So if they were that is probably the main problem lol.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]