Tank class you hate to heal?

90 Pandaren Monk
12/17/2012 08:20 AMPosted by Swedishchef

A good monk tank takes wayyyyy less damage than any other tank.

Then I have seen only bad Monk tanks on my Pally.

When you go into a run and you have as much or more health than the tank on your Holy Pally, that is a sign that you will be burning alot of mana healing the tank.

You do realize that not all tanks stack stamina or get huge benefits from stam trinkets? Monk tanks get really strong once their energy regen gets high enough through haste to sustain the rotation and at that point they really take off on how much damage they can eliminate.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
Just the tanks that completely ignore their active mitigation button

This happens a lot because they have more fun using their resources on dmg instead of the mitigation.

However it does stimulate my yawn inducing healing experience.

Also monks have an issue when they first run in because they take a few seconds to get various mitigation buffs flowing. So if they run into a giant pack they can get seriously owned in those first few seconds and you aren't really expecting it as a healer.
Edited by Kugkug on 12/17/2012 12:14 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
12/17/2012 12:11 PMPosted by Kugkug
Also monks have an issue when they first run in because they take a few seconds to get various mitigation buffs flowing. So if they run into a giant pack they can get seriously owned in those first few seconds and you aren't really expecting it as a healer.

Indeed. With a monk tank, I will generally try to make sure Ironbark is up before a large trash pack. Once they get going though, I can just pop Heart of the Wild and blow things up for a bit.
Reply Quote
1 Draenei Shaman
i dont like healing monk tanks. tanks shouldnt be wearing leather..and tanks shoudl have some kind of armor bonus..to buffer mistakes in gameplay - espeically as a tank..

Druids wear leather, but they get bear form..gives them a huge armor bonus..

Monks need better tank gear..
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
All tanks are about the same when played at the same skill level for most skill levels.

I will grant that an exceptional blood DK, prot pally, or monk who puts all their extra resources/GCDs into healing really stands out because they just do a ridiculous amount of healing (including healing the rest of group for pallies/monks). But honestly the ones who do that are going beyond the call of duty on the mitigation front, and it's usually better if they put some of that effort into DPSing.
Reply Quote
I have issues with Bear Druids. Paladins and Dks are cake. Warriors pretty ez too. Had a bad run of Monk tanks but last night had a GREAT monk tank who had worse gear than some of the others but was CAKE to heal.

Seems to me Bear Tanks I have issue with the initial burst but afterwards they ok

Which makes perfect sense - you need 60 Rage to trigger Savage Defense, which can take a few seconds.

<S>
Reply Quote
My experience with Monks is that they have a higher baseline for any fight, but don't seem to exceed that baseline as much as other classes do on harder fights.

A Warrior or Paladin that I have to heal that hard through the trash is a guaranteed wipe when things get hard, but a Monk played well doesn't seem to be significanlty harder to heal on a hard fight than an easy one.

It still takes a mental adjustment to not start mentally screaming things that can't be repeated in public when those first 3 trash mobs takes a RJ, SM, 3xLB WG on CD and constant RG to hold the health bar steady on a Monk but I'm getting less like a Newt the more I run with them and find that 13 aren't much worse than the 3.

<S>
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
tys
02/09/2013 02:17 AMPosted by Kuwilei
i honestly don't believe this is a matter of opinion. monks are the toughest to heal, simple as that, and are thus the ones i don't appreciate. if played and geared well the problem with their squishiness and more importantly how spiky their damage is (regardless of whatever stagger triest to accomplish) becomes less pronounced, but when compared to say a paladin, well it's really no comparison at all.

I think it's just a newer class. At the endgame right now, monks perform very well and in many cases are the best tank class for a particular boss.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I've had really bad luck (or good luck, just no in between) with druids so far.

Either they're in partial healer/int dps gear and can't hold aggro off even me... not to mention squishy like jello - or they're excellent.

No inbetween/mediocre for me, no sirree.

The good ones that are using CDs are amazingly easy to heal. The cheesed ones can be a nightmare and go from full to almost dead in one GCD.

I've had very similar luck with pallies. The good ones are strikingly good, the bad, I just want it to be over...
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
NI
Depends on the fight.

Garajal, Blood DK's are TERRIBLE.

I would have to say Monks though, the spikes are too high, and too hard to control. But, that's a worthy price to pay when you have an awesome monk tank that knows how to DPS correctly while playing it. Ours has placed on Shekzeer and stoneguard, along with a few others.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
is it me or have DK tanks been really bad this expansion? like 90% don't know to use their cool downs or even tank? :/
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
My shaman is in the mid 40's, so far I dislike monks the most. A tank that wants to pull the whole instance to show how l33t they think they are plus the ability to roll means they are often way ahead of the group and probably behind a pillar.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I wouldn't say that I hate any particular tank, but inexperienced DK tanks seem to be the ones that most often pull too much stuff.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
02/11/2013 05:03 AMPosted by Nillie
is it me or have DK tanks been really bad this expansion? like 90% don't know to use their cool downs or even tank? :/

That's my experience too. Just got my 6th healer to 90, have one of each (including a second priest) and every time I get a DK in LFG they're usually pretty bad. Half of the pulls no death strikes.

I've seen terribad monk tanks die in seconds too, but they're a lot rarer to see. Most of my groups are just clueless DKs who chain-pull and stack crit.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
Monks have been the most troublesome for me.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
For once...I think MoP has equalized my 'hate' for tanks. No one tank style is worse than another.

Just requires a slight change in style, ie more absorbs or can I do mass atonement. >3<
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
For me, it seems that I tend to get bad warrior tanks the most often. Even had one who is not even using a shield, I think he was trying to troll the group. They are also the most likely type of tanks who show up with DPS gear, I think DPS is their main spec and they simply switch to tank mode to get quick dungeon queues.

Frequently, they're also loot hunting. Eg. leaving group after killing a particular boss.
Reply Quote
The only tank I can stand to heal is myself.

How do I heal myself while I'm tanking, you ask? I'm a druid. End of story.

In bearform, all things are possible.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]