Why Does Blizzard Have So Little Contact

90 Human Mage
12/15/2012 06:04 PMPosted by Alelsa
When I said feel entitled I meant those that think since they pay they are supposed to listen to them and if Blizz doesn't they are bad and should feel bad even if the idea is not really thought out and posted very rudely.

Yeah. I've even seen people say "I pay this guys wage's, he's *supposed* to take whatever crap I want to give him", and felt utterly sick to my stomach. I'm not even going into the threads about people needing to be fired. That whole freakin attitude with half the forum just makes me want to punch people like that in the face and remind them they're talking about another human being.

Exactly, really people are just....trashy. I don't want Blizzard to bring down the forums but if they do it would be on them...but I wouldn't totally blame them 100%. I believe they value our feedback as much as they say they do despite the vocal whiners.

Honestly I think Blizzard needs to either show off the Forum CoC more often or try and get more moderators. It's getting quite bad lately. I've seen people post constructively and others where they just love to assume that their assumptions are right and how posts can be arrogant and condecending.

Some posts aren't. At worst they are snarky, AT MOST and if some vocal people can't handle that. Then they should look in a mirror.
Reply Quote
8 Blood Elf Mage
When I said feel entitled I meant those that think since they pay they are supposed to listen to them and if Blizz doesn't they are bad and should feel bad even if the idea is not really thought out and posted very rudely.

Yeah. I've even seen people say "I pay this guys wage's, he's *supposed* to take whatever crap I want to give him", and felt utterly sick to my stomach. I'm not even going into the threads about people needing to be fired. That whole freakin attitude with half the forum just makes me want to punch people like that in the face and remind them they're talking about another human being.

This I do agree with 100%. I say put real names up and force some accountability for their posts.

Edit: it may look like im hiding behind an alt but it wont let me choose my main for some reason.. its a bug or something. I promise lol!
Edited by Drymartini on 12/15/2012 6:11 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
12/15/2012 06:10 PMPosted by Drymartini

This I do agree with 100%. I say put real names up and force some accountability for their posts.

Edit: it may look like im hiding behind an alt but it wont let me choose my main for some reason.. its a bug or something. I promise lol!

Putting real names up is not the answer. That would be a radical solution then actual solution. Blizzard suggested that and the community rallied and opposed it. They still got REAL ID in game, just not on the forums.

If anything the dislike and like system should be a bit more sophisticated like a little space describing WHY you liked the post.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
Hi.

I have been wondering this for quite a while, why does blizzard have so little contact with the community?

Do you have contempt for the community here, so you choose not to communicate as much as you have to? I noticed sometimes when you do choose to communicate, sometimes its through other outlets like twitter or reddit or elsewhere.

Another reason that comes to mind is, sometimes when i did see you talking here on the forums, some people twist their words. If it's a current hot button issue, if a blizz rep doesn't post exactly what people want to hear, they get even madder.

It's because they're all gods who don't like to mingle with the "lower species"

Also, have you not read 99% of all threads lately? Written by trolls

I mean, the internet kind.....not the, you know, the race of trolls in the game......I just don't want to appear racist.....so..........

let's have a bake sell!
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
12/15/2012 06:20 PMPosted by Galaire
let's have a bake sell!

Offered by another rogue? We'd just spend the whole time stealing from each other... =S
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
Doesn't help that whenever a Blue does post on a certain gameplay topic, it's followed up within 3-4 posts by "How about you actually fix <insert broken topic here>" or "Thanks for nothing LOLOLOLOL," "You're posting here when <my class> has been broken for years! YEARS I TELL YOU!"

=/
Reply Quote
Community Manager
12/15/2012 06:06 PMPosted by Draug

Not true. I less than three all of you.

If that was true then you would totally come and hang out with us in game.

My identity in-game must remain as a secret to everyone. Or, the Gnomes-In-Black will be coming to take me away.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
12/15/2012 07:13 PMPosted by Rygarius
My identity in-game must remain as a secret to everyone. Or, the Gnomes-In-Black will be coming to take me away.

Make an alt and join in the running of the gnomes, man.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage

STOP!! YOU HAVE VIOLATED THE LAW!!!!
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
The 'other' outlets as you call them such as but not limited to Twitter and Reddit are very much part of the community. This thread http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6933956493" class="bml-link-url2">Fansites & Other Resources - Updated Dec 5 </a>by Zarhym illuminates just how vast and far reaching this community gets. Best of all? You are already a part of it.

The forums are part of a much larger community. We reach out to the community as much as we can as time permits wherever they may be.

Recent examples:

5.1 and Beyond: Developer Q & As
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/8091053/51_and_Beyond_Developer_Q__As-12_10_2012

World of Warcraft Customer Support Q&A
<a href="http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/8134379/World_of_Warcraft_Customer_Support_QA-12_13_2012

Any chance of duplicating all that information in a central location on the forums? Not the links, the actual information.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock

STOP!! YOU HAVE VIOLATED THE LAW!!!!

In Soviet Russia, Law violates YOU!
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
DErailed.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight

It's the Gnomes in Black..... Dun nun nun nun....Gallexy Defenders!
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
Seriously? You have unprecendented access to companes like Blizzard that we couldn't even imagine back in the day. We couldn't just email Infocom or Origin about thier games, or read a blog, or subscribe to a twitter account or post to forums. There was either an 800 number that went to an answering machine or a PO Box that maybe got a form letter response in 6-8 weeks (not minutes, not hours, weeks).
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Rogue
Hi.

I have been wondering this for quite a while, why does blizzard have so little contact with the community?

Would you like a personal consultant? j/k

Others have explained the reasons.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]