Why Does Blizzard Have So Little Contact

90 Night Elf Hunter
Because most of the time they do they are met with contempt and hatred from the ones who clearly think their ideas are better than the ones working for Blizzard.

Ohhh boo hoo, those poor poor developers and their 6 figure salaries that get to go to work everyday and design a video game but we should all have a pity party for them because they had to deal with a few trolls from time to time. My heart bleeds for them.

So, the amount of money someone makes auto-targets them as justified targets of abuse?
Do you know how much money the people, who you think are deserving of abuse, actually make? Does it matter? Are they less human and less deserving of decent treatment if they make more money? Do you really care?

/shakeshead

I know...it is awful to expect to be treated with some decency and not accused of destroying the game on purpose, being a liar covering for the company, or wishing the devs/blues to die, etc., etc.

We want more communications from them, yet act like stupified children who have never been taught the most basic common decency, then wonder why they distance themselves.
You can't have it both ways.

Your post says far more about you than it does about them......sadly.
Edited by Kyraz on 12/17/2012 10:21 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
12/17/2012 10:12 AMPosted by Kyraz
So, the amount of money someone makes auto-targets them as justified targets of abuse?

Who said it was justified? It's a fact of internet life and I expect the developers of this game to act like adults and ignore those few bad apples while still communicating with the rest of us. To completely stop interacting with the players on this forum because of a relative handful of trolls is frankly absurd.

12/17/2012 10:12 AMPosted by Kyraz
We want more communications from them, yet act like stupified children

I don't act like a child, I don't insult the developers of the game and neither do the vast majority of players on this forum.
Reply Quote
12 Pandaren Monk
What gets beat more than me? Blue and green text.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter

Who said it was justified? It's a fact of internet life and I expect the developers of this game to act like adults and ignore those few bad apples while still communicating with the rest of us. To completely stop interacting with the players on this forum because of a relative handful of trolls is frankly absurd.

We want more communications from them, yet act like stupified children

I don't act like a child, I don't insult the developers of the game and neither do the vast majority of players on this forum.

The blues do attempt to communicate with us...all the time, in spite of the bitter, spiteful accusations, name calling and mean spirited comments made here regularly.

Sorry, I didn't read much in the line of common decency and treating others with respect in the previous comments that you made (below):

"Ohhh boo hoo, those poor poor developers and their 6 figure salaries that get to go to work everyday and design a video game but we should all have a pity party for them because they had to deal with a few trolls from time to time. My heart bleeds for them. "

Yeah, I can read some real maturity and desire to see better relations with blues/devs in that.
/shakeshead
Edited by Kyraz on 12/17/2012 10:58 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
12/17/2012 10:55 AMPosted by Kyraz
The blues do attempt to communicate with us...

Those are community managers, not developers. To my knowledge the actual devs rarely if ever post on the forums anymore.

Sorry, I didn't read much in the line of common decency and treating others with respect in the previous comments that you made (below):

Where did I insult the developers or anyone else for that matter in that post you quoted?

Yeah, I can read some real maturity and desire to see better relations with blues/devs in that.

We currently have no communication via the offical wow forums with the developers of this game because of a handful of bad apples. If pointing that out hurts someone's feelings then so be it.
Edited by Ginx on 12/17/2012 11:10 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
12/15/2012 02:42 PMPosted by Rygarius
We reach out to the community as much as we can as time permits wherever they may be.

Funny how the other "non official" websites are filled with moderators and they are constantly (everyday) communicating with their readers.

Sites like mmo champ. Is the best example of how a wow forums should look. Constant moderator involvement, professionalism, and fast to act when rules are broken.
Constant moderation on a site (like mmo where I don't believe they are even paid)

I laugh when I see a blue justify someone at blizzard communicating seemingly exclsively on twitter.

Twitter is a lazy pile of technology, Only used by celebrities who want to build a following audience (#'s = bragging rights) with the option to ignore anything they want.
And its only watched by people who spend half their day glued to their phones screen.

Only a few months ago the forums was blowing up with "stop telling lore through books"
How long will it be before the forums are screaming, "stop telling us everything only through twitter"
Edited by Luxxinterior on 12/17/2012 11:40 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
They really do listen and they really do care plus they use ALOT of the suggestions from the forums. They just can't seem to actually do anything about it in a timely manner and the suggestions they use they change slightly as to not give anyone credit. Just what I believe.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
12/17/2012 11:50 AMPosted by Oreooze
they use ALOT of the suggestions from the forum

Hard to do when when certain people admit they only look at a select few sections of the forums.

"I only read to class role forums"
Reply Quote
12 Tauren Hunter
What sort of communication are you after?

They have experimented with reaching as many of as possible using different outlets. Not everyone visits the forums.

That's not contempt. It's attempting to reach a wider audience.

The forum audience can be quite intolerant, you're right. And every word spoken is invariably used against them at some point. The game will change over the years. However, a post from years ago will be brought up as "evidence" that their direction must remain in stone forever. It's a tough line to walk.

And honestly, there's 10 millionish of us and a few thousand of them. And most of them are working on the game or supporting us. There's just a few people who are tasked with talking with the audience. It's not easy for them.

I think you may be a blizzard employee under disguise, as we know many of them play wow. I even heard told that Metzen is a member of AIE.
Reply Quote
12 Tauren Hunter

The blues do attempt to communicate with us...all the time, in spite of the bitter, spiteful accusations, name calling and mean spirited comments made here regularly.

"Ohhh boo hoo, those poor poor developers and their 6 figure salaries that get to go to work everyday and design a video game but we should all have a pity party for them because they had to deal with a few trolls from time to time. My heart bleeds for them. "

/shakeshead

Are you sure you can read as I don't think you understand anything you're attempting to counter there. I would assume you can read since you are typing on a keyboard. But works of art have accidentally resulted from face rolling on keyboards. Like my essay on how to tell Dev's don't post on the forums no more, or (The Blizzcon LORE Panel has no idea what it is they can and cannot say anymore so they deflect the really good questions).

Is that what you're talking about?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Rogue
I would hope that there is absolutely no important information from Blizzard about this game that can be found on Twitter but not in these forums. I pay Blizzard to play this game, but I do not, and will not, be on Twitter. I shouldn't need to either. Any information that we need about this game should be relayed here before any of these so-called "other outlets".
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
12/17/2012 11:10 AMPosted by Ginx
To my knowledge the actual devs rarely if ever post on the forums anymore.

Look in the mirror. Now point at that image and say "It's your fault the devs don't post on the forums!"
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Hard to do when when certain people admit they only look at a select few sections of the forums.

"I only read to class role forums"

I see you ignore why GC only reads the role forums when it comes to listening to player feedback about classes. How decent of you to quote in a vacuum.

He does so because the attitude in the class forums is spiteful and unproductive.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
SoF

Lol.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
If blizzard has no issue communicating with the community why did it take 25 days to get a response to http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7004017847?page=48#953 ?

The issue is mostly resolved now but a major bug like that I figured would have some more activity when the GMs are funnelling people to that thread
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage
Most players said that dailies are contents, so OP is wrong, this exp has a lot of contents (dailies).
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]