3D Character Sceenshots Not Saving

90 Tauren Paladin
iOS 6.01 on iPhone 4S, app version 5.2.0

I try to save screenshots of my 3D character models, it says it saves but when I go to the Camera Roll, nothing is there. I checked permissions for Photo access and it is enabled.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
iOS 6.0.1 on iPhone 4 app version 5.2.0

I too am having the same problem. I was able to take screenshots a couple weeks ago but now i am not. It says the same thing. "Screenshot sucessfully saved" but no image is sent to my photos. App photo access is enabled. I read on another fourm about a problem someone was having and one of the techs suggested he uninstall then reinstall the app. When doing so he found out that the newest update for the mobile armory made it so his generation iphone could no longer use the app and thus was never able to download it again. Thats why im reluctant to try this method. For fear of not being able to download it again. Id rather have the app with not pic savig capeability then no app at all. :(
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Same issue here, too.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Same problem. Sucks.
Reply Quote
My problem as well. Just got a new ipod touch for Christmas. Loaded WoW Armory from the Itunes store, tried it and no screenshot. Deleted the armory from ipod and re-downloaded it. Same result.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
same
Reply Quote
96 Draenei Death Knight
same here... :(
Reply Quote
96 Draenei Death Knight
but what you can do is take a screenshot of your 3D character as you would any other thing on your iPhone/iPod... *shrug* just a suggestion, it worked for me, so it'll have to do for now lol
Reply Quote
Blizzard Employee
This is an OS issue. In iOS 6 there are additional permissions for Photos that are associated with specific apps. You can find this OS setting under Settings > Privacy > Photos. We plan to add a better error message that will inform users of this.
Edited by Wilebosk on 1/24/2013 1:03 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
12/28/2012 09:02 AMPosted by Lavanie
but what you can do is take a screenshot of your 3D character as you would any other thing on your iPhone/iPod... *shrug* just a suggestion, it worked for me, so it'll have to do for now lol

Lavanie's right - even with permissions properly set, screenshots are still not saving. But pressing the home and sleep buttons simultaneously with the 3d armory shot up will take a high quality pic.
Reply Quote
Blizzard Employee
01/12/2013 05:37 PMPosted by Seserakh

Lavanie's right - even with permissions properly set, screenshots are still not saving. But pressing the home and sleep buttons simultaneously with the 3d armory shot up will take a high quality pic.

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling? We only encountered this issue around the time that Apple released iOS 6.0. It's a potential issue with the order of updating the Mobile Armory version and the device's OS. If the Mobile Armory was installed prior to this privacy setting update in iOS 6.0+, there's a high chance the Mobile Armory app will not check the setting.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Between the Mobile Armory 5.2.1 update and Apple iOS 6.0.1 release, looks like the problem was fixed. Thanks Wilebosk for keeping on this one!
Reply Quote
Blizzard Employee
01/31/2013 05:50 PMPosted by Seserakh
Between the Mobile Armory 5.2.1 update and Apple iOS 6.0.1 release, looks like the problem was fixed. Thanks Wilebosk for keeping on this one!

Don't ask me why. Don't wonder how. It's what I doooooo.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]