Sunwell Plateau - ret/prot solo?

90 Blood Elf Paladin
Hello fellow paladins.

So here's the deal;
I've been soloing old raids as ret and today I finally managed to solo BT (illidari council = prot)
I already soloed MC, AQ20, Kara, Mag's, Gruul's, SSC (except Karathress and Vashj), Hyjal and TK (except Kael'thas).

So the question is: is SWP soloable? Is kalecgos still impossible?

Thanks in advance!
Edited by Idrïel on 12/17/2012 5:36 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Kalec is impossible due to mechanics but you can just walk him around the edge of the platform and continue onward. Brutallis is a pure dps race. Bubble stacks off when they get too high and he has to be dead before they get too high a second time.

You should be able to do Kael pretty easily, and you will eventually be able to do council as ret.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Oz
Ive been soloing kael since cata, very easy at 90.

sunwell is doable if u dodge kalcegos and can get brutallis down, he is the hardest. But definitely doable in ret.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I'm gonna give kael a try after I solo SWP.

Trash is hitting really hard, sometimes I get hit for 90k and I thought it was the slayers, but I'm still getting hit even when theres none of them around. Any tips?

Edit: nevermind, I figured it out. I guess only the slayers are a threat.
Edited by Idrïel on 12/17/2012 6:27 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Oz
Yeah, target slayers in the trash packs. They have some % based attack.

you really only have to kill a couple packs, you can dodge quite a few.

And remember on brutallis to use aura mastery and div protection to reduce damage from high-stack meteor slashes. If you can get him down, you can easily finish the raid. He is by far the hardest for a non-pet class.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
SWP is soloable

Skipped Kalec though.

Everything else is good

Brut is still a bit rough, dont stand in felmyst's ground crap, but completly doable.
Edited by Paladinchaz on 12/18/2012 8:26 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I did it as prot with ret gear.
Was pretty easy actually, prot can take a punch.
Got to 13 stacks before bubble. Vengeance works nice there

Twins were PAINFUL. Maybe I killed the wrong one first, finished it with 42k hp with that nasty -100% healing debuff.
The rest was easy, epic bow looks really good, too bad it is useless =(

Thanks for the tips! I think I'm gonna try BWL next time, almost finished T6 (missing belt and boots are wrong) now it's T2 time (and weaps)
Reply Quote
81 Human Warrior
I did it as prot with ret gear.
Was pretty easy actually, prot can take a punch.
Got to 13 stacks before bubble. Vengeance works nice there

Twins were PAINFUL. Maybe I killed the wrong one first, finished it with 42k hp with that nasty -100% healing debuff.
The rest was easy, epic bow looks really good, too bad it is useless =(

Thanks for the tips! I think I'm gonna try BWL next time, almost finished T6 (missing belt and boots are wrong) now it's T2 time (and weaps)

The belt you can get from justice. Naj'entus drops the matching boots.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]