not saying all heals

90 Night Elf Death Knight
but the large majority of the heals in lfr and sometimes lfd dont do there jobs. like they take a good 15 seconds to heal a dying tank or dps when no one else is taking damage and the damage the person dying is taking is slow and steady.

and the kind that just don't have amy awareness and will not see someone dying or walk into something bad. they are ruining my fun and are refusing to correct them selves even when i ask them kindly,spam that im dying in chat over and over until i die,or use sarcasm.

please tell me that its only for this week and the healer population will get better!?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Yeah... LFR attracts derp of all kinds... Personally, i spam damage heals and profit while i top healing meters, healing tanks as needed.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Luck of the draw perhaps.

Sometimes you have bad healers, bad tanks, or bad dps ... or all of the above. I've been in some where only half the healers were actually healing. It's LFR, I don't expect much going into it.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
12/21/2012 04:55 PMPosted by Keirisonis
Yeah... LFR attracts derp of all kinds... Personally, i spam damage heals and profit while i top healing meters, healing tanks as needed.

also lfd heals,its the main reason why i chose conversion over death pact.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
12/21/2012 04:57 PMPosted by Ítachí

also lfd heals,its the main reason why i chose conversion over death pact.

I don't heal in 5 mans any more unless the tank is made of wet tissue paper.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
The majority of healers in LFR seem to have no idea what they are doing/how to properly use their spells and put out output that is 50% or less what they should for their gear level. The majority of tanks in LFR seem to have no understanding of the fights or ability to perform a function as basic as properly executing tank swaps. The majority of DPS in LFR do DPS numbers that would have been below average for a skilled player at level 85.

It's just the way LFR is and always will be. You will sometimes have better results queuing either on Tuesday or Wednesday right as lockouts reset because there will be more progression raiders running LFR trying to get valor for item upgrades and more people on their mains trying to get the Valor of the Ancients buff before running it later in the week on crappier alts. If you wait until the end of the week and on weekends, you probably get a lot of alts and a lot of very casual players (which tend to be significantly less skilled players in most cases) and the quality of groups tends to be sketchier.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
The majority of healers in LFR seem to have no idea what they are doing/how to properly use their spells and put out output that is 50% or less what they should for their gear level. The majority of tanks in LFR seem to have no understanding of the fights or ability to perform a function as basic as properly executing tank swaps. The majority of DPS in LFR do DPS numbers that would have been below average for a skilled player at level 85.

It's just the way LFR is and always will be. You will sometimes have better results queuing either on Tuesday or Wednesday right as lockouts reset because there will be more progression raiders running LFR trying to get valor for item upgrades and more people on their mains trying to get the Valor of the Ancients buff before running it later in the week on crappier alts. If you wait until the end of the week and on weekends, you probably get a lot of alts and a lot of very casual players (which tend to be significantly less skilled players in most cases) and the quality of groups tends to be sketchier.

i totally blame you for all the nerf to healing priest. i remember your post on beta forum. :(

but i agree 100% with your post, do your lfr on tuesday/wed.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
Am I the only person who thought this was a joke?

they are ruining my fun and are refusing to correct them selves even when i ask them kindly,spam that im dying in chat over and over until i die
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
do your lfr on tuesday/wed

I did LFR Terrace on Wednesday last week.

On Lei Shi there was one DPS who stood in every single 'Spray' until he was taking 200k hits every second or so (not an exaggeration). When he died and got brezzed he repeated his mistake.

After dying for the second time to completely avoidable mechanics, he spent the rest of the fight badmouthing the healers and demanding everyone votekick us all.

About a third of the raid agreed with him.

On a Wednesday.

And they wonder why there is a healer shortage for LFR.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
12/21/2012 11:21 PMPosted by Skeezle
do your lfr on tuesday/wed

I did LFR Terrace on Wednesday last week.

On Lei Shi there was one DPS who stood in every single 'Spray' until he was taking 200k hits every second or so (not an exaggeration). When he died and got brezzed he repeated his mistake.

After dying for the second time to completely avoidable mechanics, he spent the rest of the fight badmouthing the healers and demanding everyone votekick us all.

About a third of the raid agreed with him.

On a Wednesday.

And they wonder why there is a healer shortage for LFR.

I changed from my priest to monk, apparently?

An other advice , don't expect anything in Lfr. Be happy if you don't wipe, avoid raid chat unless you speaking would avoid a wipe or someone compliment you ( stay humble tho, a jerk will say you brag if you answer in a cheesy way )
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Shaman
if u want the good healers... usually go into LFR after raid resets on tuesdays
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Wait, there's healing to do in LFR? Half the time I stand around doing nothing because there isn't any damage to heal. Sure, there are a couple of fights when I actually have to do something, but most of them are a total snorefest. Same with LFD, I pretty much only have to keep Renewing Mist on everyone and my job is done.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
12/22/2012 11:32 AMPosted by Amarylis
Wait, there's healing to do in LFR? Half the time I stand around doing nothing because there isn't any damage to heal. Sure, there are a couple of fights when I actually have to do something, but most of them are a total snorefest. Same with LFD, I pretty much only have to keep Renewing Mist on everyone and my job is done.

Everything but garalon, i can just spam atonement healing. Unless the other healers suck so badly i have to carry them. Then it gets fun.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
The only time I'm going to do anything in LFR is if I think I'm going to get kicked for AFKing or that we can't beat the boss unless I participate. Otherwise I just read ESPN.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
The only problems I have seen healers have in LFR is dispelling. It's atrocious. I don't think that 80 percent of healers in LFR understand that this is something we are responsible for. Good luck with theses guys in a normal raid.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
12/22/2012 12:11 PMPosted by Shambulanse
The only problems I have seen healers have in LFR is dispelling. It's atrocious. I don't think that 80 percent of healers in LFR understand that this is something we are responsible for. Good luck with theses guys in a normal raid.

I've noticed this as well. Sometimes a dps (mage) will dispel more than a priest on some encounters :P In a few of them someone mentioned dispels and some of the healers were clueless.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
Honestly when I LFR, I zone out most of the time because the mechanics are dumbed down compared to normal. I mean, I do my job, but I definitely don't push the same throughput like I do on normals/heroic attempts with my guild. I often alt-tab to tumblr or play with my dog during LFR fi nobody is dying, and just spam healing rain. It's often enough to get the job done.
Reply Quote
91 Tauren Druid
In LFR People queue as healer because it is faster than queuing as DPS, then they just sit back and mostly watch TV or similar until the raid is over. Most DPS have their eyes glued to the DPS meter and won't even notice if a healer is doing no healing. There are only two tanks so those do generally get kicked if they aren't doing anything, but not healers.

In LFD I can't comment on healer issues, since I'm always the one healing, but I definitely do notice "Tanks" queuing as tank who don't have even one single piece of tank gear. Basically cheating the system for a faster queue at my expense.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
The problem with LFR is that it's far too hard for dps to kill themselves off. If there were things that could one shot you then one of two good things would happen. Either you'd learn not to stand in the stuff you shouldn't stand in, or it would be clear very early in the encounter which 6 or 7 players are actually worth healing. At the moment though, you have to be truly amazing if you want to convince a healer who has spent a lot of time in LFR that you are actually worth healing and not just whiny mana sponge.

So even if you are a special snowflake, unless you're a personal friend of one or more of the healers don't expect them to deviate from the standard LFR healing rotation for your sake.

LFR healing rotation for all classes:

1. Run in circles.
2. Spam AOE heal.
3. Try not to fall asleep.

Unless you're tanking that should be more than enough healing to do the job, which is why if you're not tanking you may not get more healing than that.

Eh, I think I need to take a break and work on my tanking set. Saving whiny dps from their own stupidity is wearing my, "The Patient," title thin.
Reply Quote
15 Human Mage
I spam smite as a holy priest in LFR and occasionally top healing meter still on a blue geared char I just started playing again after having quit WoW for a few months. I'm not really sure how but yea, the first two LFRs at least don't require much effort from healers. If they're not doing much it's probably because they are watching tv.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]