5.2 Transmog changes

90 Human Warlock
So I heard a few rumors going around lately for incoming transmog in 5.2

1. Grand Marshal armor will be available for everyone to transmog

2. Possibly Legendaries will be available for transmog to those who have them

3. You can transmog a different type of weapon over another ex. (Mace over a sword)

I was just lookin for some clarifications.

Also I was wondering if it was possible if #3 is true to transmog a sword over a dagger since they have nearly the same animations. Thank you!
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
If it's for those that have the legendaries does this mean they will become unavailable to obtain for those that don't?
Reply Quote
100 Orc Hunter
Rumors lol.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
While it would be nice, it will be very very unlikely, I doubt the Devs will be this generous, until maybe 2 or 3 expansions down the line
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
So I heard a few rumors going around lately for incoming transmog in 5.2 !

You heard rumors, which typically aren't true. Of the rumors you've heard only the third one has been stated by Blizzard as something they're working on.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Rogue
2 & 3 were stated by Blizzard yes, the 1st one I haven't heard... did you hear that from a friend?
Reply Quote
95 Night Elf Druid
2 & 3 were stated by Blizzard

Have a link?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
2 & 3 were stated by Blizzard

Have a link?

Yep.

Transmog of legendary items is still under debate, but is somewhat likely for the future.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/3043-World-First-Pandaria-Raider-Dev-Interviews-Patch-5-1-Hotfixes-Blue-Posts-Comic

The changes that were being discussed back in December seem to have been fully implemented. I've transmogrified a 1h axe into a 1h mace and sword, a 1h sword into a 1h mace and axe, and a 2h sword and axe into maces, plus a 2h axe into a sword and a 2h sword into an axe.

http://wow.joystiq.com/2012/12/03/patch-5-2-transmog-restriction-changes-possible/
http://wow.joystiq.com/2013/01/03/patch-5-2-ptr-transmogrification-restrictions-relaxed/
Edited by Novalas on 1/5/2013 5:26 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Rogue
2 & 3 I'm cool with but letting any schmuck off the street mog Grand Marshal gear would be an open handed blow to the visage
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage

Have a link?

Yep.

Transmog of legendary items is still under debate, but is somewhat likely for the future.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/3043-World-First-Pandaria-Raider-Dev-Interviews-Patch-5-1-Hotfixes-Blue-Posts-Comic

The changes that were being discussed back in December seem to have been fully implemented. I've transmogrified a 1h axe into a 1h mace and sword, a 1h sword into a 1h mace and axe, and a 2h sword and axe into maces, plus a 2h axe into a sword and a 2h sword into an axe.

http://wow.joystiq.com/2012/12/03/patch-5-2-transmog-restriction-changes-possible/
http://wow.joystiq.com/2013/01/03/patch-5-2-ptr-transmogrification-restrictions-relaxed/

That's nice!
Any idea if they'll let Polearms and Staves be cross transmogrified?
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
2 & 3 I'm cool with but letting any schmuck off the street mog Grand Marshal gear would be an open handed blow to the visage

Oh please let's not get in to that again
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
12/21/2012 10:51 PMPosted by Anarin
You can transmog a different type of weapon over another ex. (Mace over a sword)

This is the only one that can be confirmed going through. It was on GC's twitter that they will be considering the tansmog of two handers that share the same animations as swords maces and axes, but polearms will need to be worked on before they can be considered. However, they hinted at strength and agility pole arms becoming more common.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
That's nice!
Any idea if they'll let Polearms and Staves be cross transmogrified?

Apparently, you can't transmogrify polearms to staves or vice versa atm.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
01/05/2013 05:36 PMPosted by Novalas
Apparently, you can't transmogrify polearms to staves or vice versa atm

Oh. I always wondered why Polearm -> Staff and vice-versa wasn't originally included, because it seemed like out of all weapons that this transfer would be the easiest to complete.
Reply Quote
55 Orc Warrior
So I heard a few rumors going around lately for incoming transmog in 5.2

1. Grand Marshal armor will be available for everyone to transmog

2. Possibly Legendaries will be available for transmog to those who have them

3. You can transmog a different type of weapon over another ex. (Mace over a sword)

I was just lookin for some clarifications.

Also I was wondering if it was possible if #3 is true to transmog a sword over a dagger since they have nearly the same animations. Thank you!

1. i havent heard that one and its going to make a few old school grand marshals rather annoyed.

2. i have heard that the xmog for this will be weapons with similar swing animations

3. i have also heard about this one. not sure how it will happen.... what ever happened to the x-mog vendors that had recolors of legendaries red warglaives would have looked pretty cool.
Edited by Bonesaw on 1/5/2013 5:41 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior

The Special Snowflake Syndrome is strong with this one.

It's a pointless req that a diminishing group of players even meet let alone use. You say it's a status symbol o what they did back in vanilla. I say big freaking whoop!

Just because you were able to do something 6 years ago doesn't really mean anything does it? You wnt to show off, go get he heroic raid gear, and challenge mode transmog gear. Show that you're not some has-been awesome player, who's only happy trying to hold something to themselves, because they need to feel superior to another player.

Let's take this a step further. I don't even think any paladin that was created as a Horde character cna use their PvP gear for transmog. Why? Because horde didn't have pallys way back then.

Your argument is an open handed blow to the rest of the playerbase.
Edited by Momiji on 1/5/2013 5:46 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
01/05/2013 05:11 PMPosted by Sorcies
So I heard a few rumors going around lately for incoming transmog in 5.2 !

You heard rumors, which typically aren't true. Of the rumors you've heard only the third one has been stated by Blizzard as something they're working on.

Actually a lot of rumours about this game turn out to be true, the problem is you don't know for sure until it happens.

Of the 3, one is not a rumour because as you said, they said they are working on it. One of them they said they might do it. One I have never seen them say they would do it and most signs point to no.
Reply Quote

The Special Snowflake Syndrome is strong with this one.

It's a pointless req that a diminishing group of players even meet let alone use. You say it's a status symbol o what they did back in vanilla. I say big freaking whoop!

Just because you were able to do something 6 years ago doesn't really mean anything does it? You wnt to show off, go get he heroic raid gear, and challenge mode transmog gear. Show that you're not some has-been awesome player, who's only happy trying to hold something to themselves, because they need to feel superior to another player.

Let's take this a step further. I don't even think any paladin that was created as a Horde character cna use their PvP gear for transmog. Why? Because horde didn't have pallys way back then.

Your argument is an open handed blow to the rest of the playerbase.

lol
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
I heard a rumor that Furytime would become a god and be the next last expansions raid boss. It could only be a rumor though.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]