5.2 lol

90 Night Elf Druid
Yeah keeping a dot on the resto meant that said resto had to Displacer Beast and then pounce in between the ticks of dots. If a dot was not being maintained on the resto then either his/her positioning was just that great or the other team didn't know how to counter DB. Its just like keeping FF on rogues.....

Now I'm just taking Wild Charge hands down. *sigh*
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
What is particularly egregious is that they actually buffed Rapture to 250% to compensate for taking away the interaction with Mana Tide and other short term Spirit buffs. They in no way needed compensation for that; it should have been a flat out regen nerf.

Lol, as usual some "OMG IM SO UNDERPOWERED AND THEY ARE MORE POWERFUL NERF THEM MORE"

The fact you compare 10% thorough-put to 50% mana return from rapture lets me know that have no idea about priests.

But hey, what other fixes do you have in mind for classes you know NOTHING about?!
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
That's not exactly how it works, you forgot (like I forgot once) that divine aegis still exists on a normal PoH so in reality, 45% mastery is the equivalent to about a ~10-15% stronger PoH per cast (So PoH casts under SS right now typically are 10-15% stronger with heavy mastery). this won't be the case after the patch. its not near 45% at all though.

So a 10-15% weaker PoH only during spirit shell is not exactly going to do anything significant considering at maximum usage your PoH's with SS are up 1/4 of the time, but it would be silly to use them in that fashion.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I like the slight changes to Resto Druid, it's nice to see some attention.

I still think it's a bit of a joke that the healing mushrooms aren't receiving some major attention, be it a slight buff or a mechanical overhaul.

Meh. When I saw the Rejuv change, I was just like, "Yep, called it."

No mechanics! They'll just nerf the mana cost and call it even!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
12/27/2012 08:32 AMPosted by Gardiff
That's not exactly how it works, you forgot (like I forgot once) that divine aegis still exists on a normal PoH so in reality, 45% mastery is the equivalent to about a ~10-15% stronger PoH per cast (So PoH casts under SS right now typically are 10-15% stronger with heavy mastery). this won't be the case after the patch. its not near 45% at all though.

You're not accounting for how Mastery affects the total Spirit Shell number. 45% Mastery would be directly added to the overall SS total number that you get with each cast. So yeah, it would actually be missing that 45% bonus, which is fairly significant.

So a 10-15% weaker PoH only during spirit shell is not exactly going to do anything significant considering at maximum usage your PoH's with SS are up 1/4 of the time, but it would be silly to use them in that fashion.

SUPPOSEDLY (I can't confirm this because it is contrary to what I have been told previously), Mastery does not actually affect the DA that is used in SS. That it's never accounted for. SUPPOSEDLY. Which would, in fact, mean that Mastery will not affect SS at all after the patch.

This contradicts what I was told about how our spells interact with SS, and all of their efforts to make all of our abilities we could normally use with PoH interact with SS in the same fashion, but...eh...
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Oh I am just going by what my guild disc priest Poh's pre SS (with DA added in) and post SS are (as well as my 85 priest's values) and using the non-SS PoH + DA as the new value for what a SS PoH 5.2 will be (which tends to be 15-20% weaker currently if you have high mastery) and that is where I was drawing that 10-15% (probably higher 15-20%) from. Is that not how it is supposed to be done? Guess nothing can be confirmed till people play on the ptr on january though so.. yeah.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
12/27/2012 09:43 AMPosted by Gardiff
Oh I am just going by what my guild disc priest Poh's pre SS (with DA added in) and post SS are (as well as my 85 priest's values) and using the non-SS PoH + DA as the new value for what a SS PoH 5.2 will be (which tends to be 15-20% weaker currently if you have high mastery) and that is where I was drawing that 10-15% (probably higher 15-20%) from. Is that not how it is supposed to be done? Guess nothing can be confirmed till people play on the ptr on january though so.. yeah.

I'm not a math person. I tested myself, naked, at like, a flat 20% Mastery, 1.33% Crit and 210 SP and my SS PoH was like, 50% stronger than my non-SS PoH (even with DA added into the non-SS PoH). So that extra healing is coming from somewhere, and I'm really wondering where it's coming from.
Reply Quote
1 Blood Elf Paladin

When you consider that we (druids) currently get 9% mana cost reduction from 2pc set bonus, and that the new patch is bringing a whole new set of tier, it becomes pretty clear that the 9% in the patch notes is in fact NOT a buff but simply compensation for the 9% reduction we are going to lose when we move to the new tier. Sure there might be a small bit of overlap, but especially if the new tier has a good 4pc, people are going to move on ASAP and end up basically at square one.

Remember, Ghostcrawler has declared that "druids are fine", so anything that might appear to be a "buff" is more likely to be some sort of illusion, or only surface deep.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman

When you consider that we (druids) currently get 9% mana cost reduction from 2pc set bonus, and that the new patch is bringing a whole new set of tier, it becomes pretty clear that the 9% in the patch notes is in fact NOT a buff but simply compensation for the 9% reduction we are going to lose when we move to the new tier. Sure there might be a small bit of overlap, but especially if the new tier has a good 4pc, people are going to move on ASAP and end up basically at square one.

Remember, Ghostcrawler has declared that "druids are fine", so anything that might appear to be a "buff" is more likely to be some sort of illusion, or only surface deep.

1. It is not like 5.2 drops every resto druid magically gets 2 pieces of new tier gear or any gear at all in their bags. It will likely be weeks or months before the majority of players are able to drop the 2 piece.

2. With the new gear that you point out as making this not a buff, you will also be getting heaps of spirit, increasing your mana regen quite a bit. It's not like your mana issues are going to somehow freeze frame in the pre gear upgrade values. Your mana regen will increase and your reason (mana issues) for keeping the 2 piece will lessen.

3. It needed a cost reduction, regardless of anyone's gear. (And there are many around who don't have their 2 piece currently, or any good gear at all. Changes are made for the many, not the few at the top w/ ideal gear.) So appreciate that it was done, for everyone.

4. I cannot believe they haven't fixed shrooms yet. Here's hoping they are cooking something up for that. >.<
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
hold up hold up. I know a few weeks ago I was asking disc priests for their non-SS PoH (With DA) and their SS PoH, and the difference was not that different extreme (it was within 15-20%)...

It sounds stupid, but are you sure your SS is not critting or there is NO inner focus involved in either case?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
And chain cyclone immediately after the un-counterable prowl stun for a nice lengthy un-counterable chain of cc every 30 seconds. It needed to never make it into live. Seriously resto druids have nothing to complain about.

Now if they'll just take purge and ram it up some shaman's !@# I'd be a little more content, but all things aside healing in PVP is pretty much useless ATM anyway.

Seeing as currently hpal >= Rsham > Rdruid > others in arena, with rdruid only living through a few select heavy cc comps because druids don't have the shear throughtoutput to keep a teamate up through a standard cleave even with super minimal CCs, I don't see how you can legitimately !@#$% about rdruids. We have lots to complain. I can totally take the prowl removal of DB even though as it was mentionned it makes DB useless for that tier. With that said, with the nerf to cyclone, Rdruids are made significantly weaker. We are falling behind MWs in the current state of patch notes and I wouldn't be suprised to see disc catch a few extra pvp buffs since they've been lagging behind.

12/23/2012 10:19 AMPosted by Endoslug
Slight nerf? Raid buffed I have like 45% mastery, so that makes SS 45% less effective. There's nothing slight about that.

Actually...you will go from current 145% to a 100% throughoutput during SS which relatively isn't a 45% nerf to SS but rather a (1-100/145)*100 = 31.03%. It is still a major nerf but a needed nerf.

I would've rather the nerf handled somehow else though. SS is still encounter breaking to the point where that alone will guarantee discs a niche through all of mop's HMs progression but the nerf indirectly makes it a terribad choice on any sustained aoe encounter because it reduces nets no mana or hps efficiency improvement, kinda killing discs' "Major cooldown" for any garalon/tsulong/grand empress p3/elegon p3 etc type of encounters.

It is also rendering SS even more useless for pvp.
Edited by Keau on 12/27/2012 12:24 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
hold up hold up. I know a few weeks ago I was asking disc priests for their non-SS PoH (With DA) and their SS PoH, and the difference was not that different extreme (it was within 15-20%)...

It sounds stupid, but are you sure your SS is not critting or there is NO inner focus involved in either case?
\

Hmmm.

Actually, you may be right. I will go test it on my Priest later tonight. I have an SS macro (with IF, PI, and AA macro'd in) and a plain SS keybind, but I'm wondering if I hit the wrong one.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Priest
Blizzard has been content, for years, to let Holy rot in PvP. If you cornered a dev and actually forced an answer out of them they'd just say "but you can go Disc." Same answer they give pure dps who like to play under-performing specializations. If you're not happy with that answer, and there's no real reason to be... too bad. They clearly don't care. You may as well complain nobody wants your tank on their team.

The truth about Holy priest as I understand it.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
12/27/2012 09:47 AMPosted by Tiriél
I tested myself, naked

Out of context quote for the lols.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
To the priest saying they have 45% mastery and will get 45% nerf... that's not how it works.

I am a mastery junkie. I have everything in mastery, just over 45% unbuffed. Will I drop this a bit for crit sure, but its not useless.

Although, as proposed SS will not gain bonus from mastery, it will get the full 50% from DA, (as opposed to the 30% which is still in the formula) and guess what, DA factors in mastery.

There will be a slight nerf to disc, but really not that much, depending on how the disc was playing. If they were predominantly using SS with PoH, you aren't going to see much of a dip since it's a guaranteed DA proc, the mastery is just being left out of the second calculation.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]