Dire Horns

90 Undead Hunter
From the new PTR notes

Dire Horns have been added as a tameable species for Hunters that have learned the required skill. Aspiring Dire Horn owners should seek out clues regarding these auspicious beasts.

So my question is, what is a Dire horn?
Reply Quote
I'm guessing this:

http://media.mmo-champion.com/images/news/2012/december/52model_17_1_1.jpg
Edited by Sevreth on 12/22/2012 2:58 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
warlocks get green fire we get green dinosaurs
Reply Quote
Triceratops pets

/Wet my pants

BM, plz
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
12/22/2012 03:00 AMPosted by Crooklyn
warlocks get green fire we get green dinosaurs

Sucks to be a Warlock!!!

Need to dig out my Land Before Time series...you know, for "creativity" +)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
I have a feeling we might be vastly disappointed lol...
Considering there is a mount model of the triceratops, the green one could just be the model of what it drops off of.

Doesn't mean they can't be tameable of course :P But it's pretty soon to tell.
Reply Quote
71 Blood Elf Mage
WOOHOO!!! Thank the gods we don't have to worry about anything being fixed, and having to learn how our new rotations may work, or checking out which revamped talent might be worth taking! /sarcasm

So, as usual, instead of FIXING the things that need it, hunters will be getting NEW PETS?!?! Makes me wonder what new nerf they're going to drop between now, the PTR, and actual release.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
Triceratops pets

/Wet my pants

BM, plz

This ^
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
What ever it is it better not be BM specific... i don't want to have another pet in my stables I don't use
Reply Quote
WOOHOO!!! Thank the gods we don't have to worry about anything being fixed, and having to learn how our new rotations may work, or checking out which revamped talent might be worth taking! /sarcasm

So, as usual, instead of FIXING the things that need it, hunters will be getting NEW PETS?!?! Makes me wonder what new nerf they're going to drop between now, the PTR, and actual release.

U jelly?

Muy feísimo...
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
whatever he do spirit beat heal op + spirit walk opener + mastery buff.... Useless pet
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
I just hope it's not block your vision large and shut off speakers loud, also i want it in purple, please and thank you.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
anyone have any guesses on the buff it can provide? maybe it will be an actual damaging ability? maybe both if it's exotic?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
12/23/2012 09:47 AMPosted by Chrozz
anyone have any guesses on the buff it can provide? maybe it will be an actual damaging ability? maybe both if it's exotic?
Doubt it. It would force it to become mandatory in any raid setting that already has all of the buffs.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
VS
I am seriously rolling around in circles foaming at the mouth here. It will be a mount AND a pet? Blizzard, my love for you has grown to the stars!
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
12/23/2012 09:55 AMPosted by Lazyguide
Doubt it. It would force it to become mandatory in any raid setting that already has all of the buffs.

Probably another AOE move. Maybe a cleave?

As long as it somehow prevents Claw/Bite/Smack from triggering (i.e. channeled like the other two, or shared cooldown) it won't be a DPS increase single target, but instead it well be better for AOE/Cleave fights, which is perfectly acceptable as a pet trait
Reply Quote
12/23/2012 09:47 AMPosted by Chrozz

Uhm...

Well, Dire Horns are not only Triceratops, they have Ankylosaurus armor too, even the tail club.

Also, there is a "berserk" animation in Wowhead's 3D viewer, hiting the ground with the tail.

So, I guess it's special ability is a strong AoE, probably even with interrupt or stunt.

Dragon Roar or Arcane Torrent, IMO.

Buff, I dunno /lol, maybe additional aggro transfer?

I want it for BM, not a "common" family.

See ya.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
I just hope it's not block your vision large and shut off speakers loud, also i want it in purple, please and thank you.

but that was the best. Walking around SW/Org with a giant T-rex stomping around
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
This thread deserves nothing less than this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8zlUUrFK-M
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]