Dire Horns

90 Troll Death Knight
Now if only we could tame the worgen...

And skin em too.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Death Knight
Also they need to be exotic tameable only. BEAST MASTAH IS THE BEST if you don't like it then re-roll

Also I'm thinking and aoe stun for this pet.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
The patch said to look for clues in order to tame this pet, makes me think that we need to track them like panda rares, or we need to complete a class specific quest line in order to tame them. If it is the latter, it would make sense for them to be non exotic, as having a spec specific quest line would make no sense and would bring about all kinds of grief.
Reply Quote
Well, it is either BM only, or not for BM. Both would piss people off.

I am simply upset that they are focusing on giving us shinies rather than fixes.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter

I am simply upset that they are focusing on giving us shinies rather than fixes.

Nothing new.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
MUDUFUKN DINOSOR!!!
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Hunter
The Dire Horns are only tamable for BM but specifically those that have learned the art of Dinomancy,

http://ptr.wowdb.com/items/94232-ancient-tome-of-dinomancy

Without that tome you can only look but not tame those awesome beasts! Good luck hunting!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
triceratops, amazing!

now how bout them hydras?
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter

As BM, I don't mind it if MM/SV can use them. I would like to have an additional ability on them, as BM, that MM/SV don't have, but that doesn't fit the norm, so I doubt it will occur.

Edit: And they did "fix" Powershot, didn't you read the updated tool tip?
Edited by Verdash on 1/10/2013 5:35 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Monk
The Dire Horns are only tamable for BM but specifically those that have learned the art of Dinomancy,

http://ptr.wowdb.com/items/94232-ancient-tome-of-dinomancy

Without that tome you can only look but not tame those awesome beasts! Good luck hunting!

Please stop spreading rumors.

There is nothing to state they are exotic. Unless you meant "Are not only tameable for BM." and just left out the not.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
Anybody has any info on how we are supposed to get this book? I just hope you don't have to be exalted with a new faction, I would rather have it as drop or a chain quest, I am crossing my fingers they don't come with the bright idea to tie it to the daily fest grinding rep :S
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Monk
01/10/2013 05:58 AMPosted by Dhuergar
Anybody has any info on how we are supposed to get this book? I just hope you don't have to be exalted with a new faction, I would rather have it as drop or a chain quest, I am crossing my fingers they don't come with the bright idea to tie it to the daily fest grinding rep :S

Personally, I'm just hoping it's not from the BMAH.

I don't care if I have to rely on a drop from a rare or having to grind rep.

But having to spend 100k+ to buy it? HELL TO THE FREAKING NO.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter

I think it is going to be a quest chain, akin to the lock one (maybe not as in depth). I.e. kill X boss in the raid, start the quest, do some solo stuff, completed. There is some eggs data mined that seem fitting for "birthing" a dino.

Which, we did for a raptor mount before. So, dailies, /woot! +)
Edited by Verdash on 1/10/2013 6:06 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Monk
01/10/2013 06:05 AMPosted by Verdash

I think it is going to be a quest chain, akin to the lock one (maybe not as in depth). I.e. kill X boss in the raid, start the quest, do some solo stuff, completed. There is some eggs data mined that seem fitting for "birthing" a dino.

Those eggs are most likely a Oracles egg situation, not for a Direhorn quest. :P
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter

Well I thought having to grind rep for a month could prove to be the worst case scenario but if it is on the BMAH I will rage flip many tables, I don't have and would not spend crazy amounts of gold, but I guess the chain quest seems to be the most logical way for it to be implemented.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter
01/10/2013 06:10 AMPosted by Brewfist
Those eggs are most likely a Oracles egg situation, not for a Direhorn quest. :P

hehe, I have a buddy who got his Green Proto near the end of Dragon Soul (started in the first patch of WotLK I think). That is with buying the egg timer reset. Won't he be thrilled +)

I got mine first egg....
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Hunter

What I heard and read from scrolls of lore, mmo-champion, wow-petopia, and my friends on PTR, is the pet is exotic like Devilsaurs. I don't know where dinomancy tome drops but what I heard is that they are Exotic pet and to be honest that makes sense. Survival and MM do not depend on their pets for damage in the way BM does. Remember Beast Mastery is the art of taming beasts of all kinds. I think we should all hope the tome is not so rare we can't all have it. XD

Please stop spreading rumors.

There is nothing to state they are exotic. Unless you meant "Are not only tameable for BM." and just left out the not.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter
01/10/2013 02:23 PMPosted by Liamz
is the pet is exotic like Devilsaurs.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

/cry

god I hope that gem turtle isn't a spirit beast
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
Currently on the PTR Dire Horns are NOT BM only.

You learn how to tame them from the item Ancient Tome of Dinomancy which drops from elite mobs on the new island.
Edited by Powerspawn on 1/10/2013 2:47 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Hunter
I just found out that once you have the dinomancy tome you can tame a dire horn in any spec. That means MM, BM and Surv get the pet!

http://forums.wow-petopia.com/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=20053

AWESOME! :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]