Dire Horns

70 Night Elf Druid
Do you have to be BM to be able to tame Dire Horns?
or can you do it as MM and Survival?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
With every spirit beast plus a variety of challenge pets and unique skins like King Krush and Aotona, I will have to make room for the Dire Horn...maybe they should give us at least 5 more spots in the stable too while they are at it.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter
01/11/2013 01:36 AMPosted by Zenithat
With every spirit beast plus a variety of challenge pets and unique skins like King Krush and Aotona, I will have to make room for the Dire Horn...maybe they should give us at least 5 more spots in the stable too while they are at it.

They need to just convert it to a system were you can retame the skin id of all prior tames just by visiting the stable master. Screw the stable system, it doesn't scale with the new content Blizz adds specifically for hunters.
Reply Quote
why are SV and MM caring so much about pets now...if you ever cared about them or liked them in the first place u'd roll a BM (besides, dual talent exists in case u missed it :)), why complaining about the lack of cool non-exotic pets? it's like a destruction lock complaining that his demons are not as good as a demo ones...get over it (even though it seems everyone will get 'em so...)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
There should be a glyph that makes our pets identical to the hunter, except smaller. THAT would be awesome. Running around with a mini Melix biting enemy ankles. :)
Edited by Melix on 1/11/2013 7:47 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter
01/11/2013 07:46 AMPosted by Melix
There should be a glyph that makes our pets identical to the hunter, except smaller. THAT would be awesome. Running around with a mini Melix biting enemy ankles. :)

/sign - especially if it included a caveat that it would equip a random melee weapon from our inventory (and if it is a one-hander, it would equip 2 of them, unless there was 2 one handers). Akin to the Lock glyph.
Reply Quote
97 Night Elf Druid
WOOHOO!!! Thank the gods we don't have to worry about anything being fixed, and having to learn how our new rotations may work, or checking out which revamped talent might be worth taking! /sarcasm

So, as usual, instead of FIXING the things that need it, hunters will be getting NEW PETS?!?! Makes me wonder what new nerf they're going to drop between now, the PTR, and actual release.

You are a sad, whiny, paranoid little person. Go rent a clown, while you can still taste sweets.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
I think I'm the only one that isn't impressed with the dire horns.. Probably sticking with my Spirit beast, especially if there are no damage increasing abilities that come with the dire horns.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
12/22/2012 09:36 AMPosted by Verdash
warlocks get green fire we get green dinosaurs

Sucks to be a Warlock!!!

Need to dig out my Land Before Time series...you know, for "creativity" +)

Warlock community has been asking for green fire since BC. I'm sure they are ecstatic.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
12/22/2012 02:08 PMPosted by Rabindso
What ever it is it better not be BM specific... i don't want to have another pet in my stables I don't use

Then be smart and go BM. You do more damage single target anyway, and the new bosses in the new raids dont share health pools.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
honestly for my hunter this is gunna be awesome. Since my fav dino is a triceritops
Reply Quote
60 Draenei Hunter
It's going to be a tanking pet.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Just tamed my first Direhorn awesome
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
where is direhorn at
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Hunter
Took 6 kills for the tome to drop! That's the first thing I did because my server is really populated. They look pretty cool
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
Took 6 kills for the tome to drop! That's the first thing I did because my server is really populated. They look pretty cool

4 kills for me. Time to tame 'em all. :3

where is direhorn at

Go to Kun-Lai Summit. It's the big island just north of there. Make sure to look out for the Trolls that are living there and take them down. One of them will eventually drop the book you need to tame direhorns.
Edited by Sigteil on 3/5/2013 2:41 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
Got it pretty easily.
Reply Quote
27 Goblin Warlock
Took about 15 or so kills of the elite Zandalari Dinomancers in Isle of Giants. Only a few places on the island they spawn so I'm sure these spots will be camped and farmed pretty hard this week.

Once I got my Tome of Dinomancy the tame wasn't hard. The triceratops are immune to freezing and ice traps. Once you get the tome the dinos are everywhere. Luckily my server is heavy alliance so there was only one other hunter killing the mobs for the tome.

Go to Kun Lai fly nothr until you reach the island, once there on the beach you can talk to a npc for a flight path back and forth.

Ended up getting all four of the dino companion pets which are soulbound, for any pet collectors out there the drop rate is really high, tome and all four pets in around 15 kills.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]