Venom speaks! The ultimate raid comp

For everyone that's bad at PVE :

Healers : 3 disc priests
Tanks : 2 prot paladins
DPS : 1 warlock, 1 rogue , 1 mage, 1 hunter, 1 shadow priest

Reasoning :

Disc priests = overpowered can do lots of dps.
Prot paladins do the most healing.

Everyone else is there to cover buffs/debuffs.

*note this is not a practical raid composition.
since you are on norgannon this might not allow you to kill bosses
this also does not account for issues of loot distribution.

wtb disc priest nerfs.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Venompaw still around norgannon I see, I'd of thought you moved to a better releam by now. Disc priests need nerfed? Lol. Disc priests are in a pretty good spot atm. Like lots of other quests we are gear dependent and get better with gear( remember how awful they were at the start of mop?) You say they do "lots" of dps. Try spamming smite and see how long your mana lasts and how well your group lives. HPS give the appearance of us being op, but we are not the strongest healers.

A good priest can do the same amount of healing as disc or holy, and a good healer can heal effectively with any class.
Reply Quote
Venompaw still around norgannon I see, I'd of thought you moved to a better releam by now. Disc priests need nerfed? Lol. Disc priests are in a pretty good spot atm. Like lots of other quests we are gear dependent and get better with gear( remember how awful they were at the start of mop?) You say they do "lots" of dps. Try spamming smite and see how long your mana lasts and how well your group lives. HPS give the appearance of us being op, but we are not the strongest healers.

A good priest can do the same amount of healing as disc or holy, and a good healer can heal effectively with any class.

Pretty sure you can spam non-stop smite/holy fire /penance with about 5k spirit.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Nah, if you just spammed it w/oworrying about rapture or fiend you'd oom b4 you know it. 5k spirit is nothing for a disc priest. I haven't checked in months but I believe for rapture mana returns to equal that of other healers you need 7-8kish.

Side note of atone spamming to heal, while it is ineffective and would get you kicked from
Any competent groups, disc's primary stat behind int is mastery therefor unless yOur stacking haste you're taking a bad play style to a more extreme of bad. While stacking haste and smite spamming was valid early in cata it is no longer plausible.

Atone healing does seem to get one fight where having one or more disc priest is op but apart from halfus and Elegon atone is used more as a component to Tank healing and gathering stacks for arch angel.

Considering all the tools we disc priest have in our toolbox, and having played all other healers at max besides monk, I'd say we have a much higher skill cap then others have
Reply Quote
Nah, if you just spammed it w/oworrying about rapture or fiend you'd oom b4 you know it. 5k spirit is nothing for a disc priest. I haven't checked in months but I believe for rapture mana returns to equal that of other healers you need 7-8kish.

Side note of atone spamming to heal, while it is ineffective and would get you kicked from
Any competent groups, disc's primary stat behind int is mastery therefor unless yOur stacking haste you're taking a bad play style to a more extreme of bad. While stacking haste and smite spamming was valid early in cata it is no longer plausible.

Atone healing does seem to get one fight where having one or more disc priest is op but apart from halfus and Elegon atone is used more as a component to Tank healing and gathering stacks for arch angel.

Considering all the tools we disc priest have in our toolbox, and having played all other healers at max besides monk, I'd say we have a much higher skill cap then others have

I don't worry about rapture, my guild hasn't kicked me yet.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
For everyone that's bad at PVE :

Healers : 3 disc priests
Tanks : 2 prot paladins
DPS : 1 warlock, 1 rogue , 1 mage, 1 hunter, 1 shadow priest

Reasoning :

Disc priests = overpowered can do lots of dps.
Prot paladins do the most healing.

Everyone else is there to cover buffs/debuffs.

*note this is not a practical raid composition.
since you are on norgannon this might not allow you to kill bosses
this also does not account for issues of loot distribution.

wtb disc priest nerfs.

9 Blood DK's
1 Disc Priest

/Thread
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
You must of missed the competent part xD. Sometimes it's the little things that seperate the good players from ones thst aren't as good. Not saying you're a baddie, but just in general. You just speak like all you have to do is stone and that is far from correct. If that is in fact what you do I would love nothing more then to see those logs. Maybe just any logs…
Edited by Erency on 12/26/2012 1:12 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
ribbit
Edited by Cassandrae on 12/31/2012 9:40 PM PST
Reply Quote
When Venomheart declares something OP, it either means it truly is OP, or he will make it look like it is.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]