Shield End Up: A Prot Warrior PvE Guide 5.4

(Sticky)

90 Pandaren Warrior
Page 2 = bad
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
12/31/2012 12:34 PMPosted by Lowmaine
e]: Also Ricky, I'm re-wording Second Wind's note a bit; I know what I'm trying to say there, but it's coming off very overly verbose and wishy-washy. I think we both agree that it's a great "non-threatening content" talent, but beyond that you're going to get more healing overall out of Enraged Regeneration, so I'll be sure to make that a little clearer.

progress is easy. this demo guy is mega emo tho.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
Play nice, children.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
I have to say.. If you're already tanking heroics and making it through chances are you probably don't need a guide. You've figured it out and gratz on the cheevo's. However if you are like me and new to the warrior class and by luck of the draw (if you want to call it that) have been recently promoted to the OT slot for your guild this guide could very well prove the difference between uber fail and making it through your first 10man Norm raid.

I for one thank the OP for this. I see a lot of errors I've made in my gemming/reforging etc and with the explinations given I understand why. I think a few simple corrections on my part will get me in the game where I need to be.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
01/02/2013 05:51 AMPosted by Lukar
Play nice, children.

NO, YOU CAN'T MAKE ME!

Also, debating going through an entry gear section for some of the reserved posts I've got kicking around. Also, in a notable lack of experience being heroic raiding (for now...stupid guild :P), I'll probably ask a few people I know if there are any "Tricks" worth mentioning. Ricky, if you're reading, you're included on that list :P

That and maybe a Challenge Mode tactics section, depending on if my group ever decides we're getting Gold clears this century.

I have to say.. If you're already tanking heroics and making it through chances are you probably don't need a guide. You've figured it out and gratz on the cheevo's. However if you are like me and new to the warrior class and by luck of the draw (if you want to call it that) have been recently promoted to the OT slot for your guild this guide could very well prove the difference between uber fail and making it through your first 10man Norm raid.

I for one thank the OP for this. I see a lot of errors I've made in my gemming/reforging etc and with the explinations given I understand why. I think a few simple corrections on my part will get me in the game where I need to be.

There are a few times in my experience that it's usually been helpful to know a trick or two before stepping into a heroic pull if you're not keen on wiping for three hours. Things like wearing mostly DPS gear for Ultraxion because your guild needed the extra DPS to meet the enrage on those first tenuous kills (you would seriously be surprised how many tanks I knew that didn't do this because they didn't know that Shield Block lasted longer than its cooldown on him), or kiting techniques for Heroic Spine if you were the Blood tank; little things that make the fight easier.

Though to be fair, I made this guide mostly with the newbie in mind, since 9/10 times that's who needs the guide more :P

Thanks for the kind words, I'll keep an eye out for funky looking stuff and try to get that gear selection up sooner or later this millennium.
Edited by Lowmaine on 1/2/2013 1:52 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Front page, please.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
why is there no sticky?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warrior
to the top!

and sticky plz.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warrior
to the top!

and sticky plz.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
Alright guys, looks like we have to do this the hard way.

I'll get the tape, someone else grab the super glue.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warrior
I got the duct tape, chewing gum, and a tooth pick. We got this covered.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
01/05/2013 07:49 PMPosted by Clutche
I got the duct tape, chewing gum, and a tooth pick. We got this covered.
I got some elmer's glue!
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Excellent, excellent guide; thanks so much for taking the time and effort to put it together! Sticky very much requested.
Edited by Arnach on 1/7/2013 1:11 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
MOAR Sticky
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
back to the top... sticky please
Reply Quote
86 Orc Warlock
Reported for sticky! :D
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
STICKY ACHIEVED!!!!

Grats and thanks, Lowmaine!
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warrior
I WIN. I mean. GRATS!
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Grats indeed. And I just thought of something that I don't remember seeing in the guide. Profession bonuses. If they're there, OOPS. If not, maybe you left them out on purpose.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
01/11/2013 11:57 AMPosted by Rolas
Grats indeed. And I just thought of something that I don't remember seeing in the guide. Profession bonuses. If they're there, OOPS. If not, maybe you left them out on purpose.

They're not; I should probably put them in the Grabbag section.

Thanks for all your help guys, means a lot to me :D
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]