Out of Date Prot Guide, please delete <3

96 Gnome Warrior
I do not have time to point out all the issues I have with this guide but I can't avoid mentioning that you neglected to include Sha Armor Kit. It provides 150 stamina to gloves instead of 170 of secondary stat, a .88 stamina to secondary ratio. Gems only provide stamina at a .75 stamina to secondary stat ratio (Solid River's Heart Fractured Sun's Radiance), yet you included gemming for stamina in your guide.

Please correct this omission.
Edited by Quinten on 2/7/2013 7:52 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
I do not have time to point out all the issues I have with this guide but I can't avoid mentioning that you neglected to include Sha Armor Kit. It provides 150 stamina to gloves instead of 170 of secondary stat, a .88 stamina to secondary ratio. Gems only provide stamina at a .75 stamina to secondary stat ratio (Solid River's Heart Fractured Sun's Radiance), yet you included gemming for stamina in your guide.

Please correct this omission.

Of course; it's on the list of other stuff I have to fix as well (and has been for...I wanna say two weeks?)

Anyways, big changes rolling out; between ability changes in 5.2, Theck's math (as seen on sacredduty.net) regarding Stat Priority, Rotation and Block vs. Barrier, and a few other fixes the guide's got some fixin's it needs and I have to get done.

All in all, they'll be here sooner or later.
Reply Quote
1 Tauren Shaman
Even with the 4pc, I'll likely stick with ER. You'll just get an extra heal with the 4pc proc that you wouldn't have with ER.

I'll see how it plays out though.
Enraged Regen + Healthstone macro pops me up from 20% to 50% on demand.

It's pretty freakin' nice, considering we (Warriors) literally have no other reactive tools, just all proactive ones.

T15 doesn't change that at all, and I still feel like the GCD and rage cost of IV is far too much to really want it as Prot. With only a 6 second cooldown on Shield Slam and a pretty significant chance to proc Sword and Board, the GCD is pretty significant.
Edited by Kangamooster on 2/18/2013 2:45 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
With the change to Shockwave (40 second cooldown -20 if it hits at least 3 targets), is Shockwave still better than Dragon Roar in most cases?
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
With the change to Shockwave (40 second cooldown -20 if it hits at least 3 targets), is Shockwave still better than Dragon Roar in most cases?

If you're using it on 3+ targets, Shockwave's value doesn't change. It's still pretty good; you just have to actually make sure you're hitting all your targets this time so you actually get the 20 second cooldown you're used to :P
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
xD I'm pretty good at doing that. Just meant in general on bosses, not so much trash.

On bosses without adds, would it be better to respec to Dragon Roar?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
defiantly a good read
Edited by Moowah on 3/12/2013 11:28 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Warrior

It wasn't really better in most situations before.

edit:

also...wtb 2 pc

Although I feel like it solidifies ER as the go to talent if you aren't soloing, which I don't have a problem with, but I think its there.
Edited by Ðemolition on 3/12/2013 12:19 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
Although I feel like it solidifies ER as the go to talent if you aren't soloing, which I don't have a problem with, but I think its there.

The fact that you don't have control over Second Wind (coupled with its healing power only really being useful on content that can't do enough damage to kill you) kinda puts the nail in the coffin for it, yeah.

the 2pc is...eh. It's a 2pc?

xD I'm pretty good at doing that. Just meant in general on bosses, not so much trash.

On bosses without adds, would it be better to respec to Dragon Roar?

On single-target encounters, Dragon Roar has been the better option of the two since their inception, more or less. The damage it puts out on single-targets is insane, and coupled with Bloodbath it's a nice boost to your own damage.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Warrior
the 2pc is...eh. It's a 2pc?

I'm really looking forward to it.

Alot of it probably comes from rare spawn camping where I'm always looking for something I can pull in to get a victory rush, so I might be overvaluing it, but time will tell.

WTB tank checks back so giving DPS tier isn't always the best thing for the raid :(
Edited by Ðemolition on 3/12/2013 5:56 PM PDT
Reply Quote
1 Tauren Shaman
Horridon and Tortos and quite a few fights this tier even on 10m are (at first, anyway) going to be a pretty painful tank check.

Still shouldn't give tier to tanks though. Also, 4pc tier sucks and 2pc tier is also very meh, so in super BiS gear (H Lei Shen/Ra-Den loot) we're just going to drop 2pc entirely. For most of normals, actually, we are probably gonna be rocking less than 4 tier pieces.
Edited by Kangamooster on 3/12/2013 11:20 PM PDT
Reply Quote
My guild has asked me to try to tank an alt Msv this weekend and I haven't tanked a raid on my warrior since last August. When MoP was pretty new someone had a post where they had AM used for each encounter like SB for guardians.Can any give me a quick run down on which one is better on each boss?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
I love tanking on my Death Knight. Recently started leveling a prot warrior and they're amazing. Awesome guide, definitely helpful.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
My guild has asked me to try to tank an alt Msv this weekend and I haven't tanked a raid on my warrior since last August. When MoP was pretty new someone had a post where they had AM used for each encounter like SB for guardians.Can any give me a quick run down on which one is better on each boss?

I realize this reply's fairly dated by now, but if you're interested (and still tanking) Shield Maid exists.

It's pretty cool for an addon I guess; gives you a readout of your Barrier's absorbs, approximately how much Shield Block will block for, and which you should use based off of the last few seconds of combat log data.

By no means is what it tells you to do gospel, but it's interesting. You'll have to obviously use your brain to make the best call, but if you're unsure and just kind of auto-piloting it, it's not bad for the help.

I may or may not try to make an in-game config for it though; positioning it in game by opening the core.lua file and changing x and y values to hard position it repeatedly reloading your UI is kind of annoying.

Stupid addons... :/
Edited by Lowmaine on 3/31/2013 2:53 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I'm having problems holding aoe aggro except with my mocking banner. Are warriors just not fit for tanking ads during raids, and should be on the bosses instead?
Reply Quote
14 Night Elf Druid
Depends on what you're having trouble with. Most situations can be fixed with a marginal amount of Vengeance (like 10-20k) and a nice Heroic Leap.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Warrior
In the potions sections you might want to add health potions to that list as well, it can be very useful during progression.
Reply Quote
10 Night Elf Druid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2CvTW70dzo
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2CvTW70dzo

Guy really needs to Shield Slam more, I think.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Warrior
12k mastery club reporting in
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]