Out of Date Prot Guide, please delete <3

90 Human Warrior
i support this thread :D
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warrior
So, What skills do you honestly suggest? What does your rotation look like and what are your skills from Number 1 to the = Symbol.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
So, What skills do you honestly suggest? What does your rotation look like and what are your skills from Number 1 to the = Symbol.
Well, first of all I suggest unbinding everything that you can't reach comfortably without moving your hand from the general WASD area (most likely anything past 5 or 6) and binding them to something more comfortable. e.g. - g,f t,c etc or even shift 1-5/6.

Clicking is not a good habit to get in to, especially as a tank. You can't afford to be moving your mouse all around the screen especially in situations where you need a fast taunt or be constantly switching targets. And if you are clicking, that also forces you to keyboard turn which is even worse for tanks. Getting hit in the back because you can't turn or strafe fast enough is a horrible thing for your damage intake.

Judging by your achievement points it seems you are quite new to the game, so I think it is a great thing you are already trying to improve by reading up on your class and spec. I advise you take a look at this video to get started though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12j4eJl0cvs
Edited by Bladestorm on 4/24/2013 7:00 AM PDT
Reply Quote
11 Human Paladin
I had a question I was hoping could be answered here. For heroic dungeons, what would be the stat priorities to maximize personal damage done, assuming the healer has a 500+ ilvl and knows in advance that there could be some extra damage taken? I was assuming getting the hit and expertise caps for heroics would be first but wasn't sure what to prioritize next. Would it be better to stack mastery or crit after capping hit/expertise? Thanks.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
I had a question I was hoping could be answered here. For heroic dungeons, what would be the stat priorities to maximize personal damage done, assuming the healer has a 500+ ilvl and knows in advance that there could be some extra damage taken? I was assuming getting the hit and expertise caps for heroics would be first but wasn't sure what to prioritize next. Would it be better to stack mastery or crit after capping hit/expertise? Thanks.

The only answer I can give is: Probably? That seems to make the most sense. If you're rolling through with decent gear you can hit those thresholds fairly easily and from there it's all just Crit/Mastery I guess.

I haven't given this topic much thought though, so if somebody else has any thoughts on the matter say something :O
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Warrior
Do the stickies just randomly shuffle around
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
Is the 4pc worth getting for this tier?
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Warrior
No really, no

Im only using 3 pc now because i got nalak legs and lei shen hasnt dropped.

Aim for helm and shoulders
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
alright ty, yea i kinda figured the 4 set was bad, just wanted to double check
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
alright ty, yea i kinda figured the 4 set was bad, just wanted to double check

I'm using it; but not because it's good. The legplates (that made the 4-set) were replacing T14 legs and I haven't seen another drop for that slot yet. That being said, if Lei Shen drops his I'll take them most likely >_>;
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
So what are the main differences between tanking 10 man and 25 man ( normal mode content).

I know in 25's I'll want to get more stam because the incoming hits are a bit bigger.
hit/exp cap (working on exp cap) are still a must. Do any other stats change in priority?

Still hit 7.5, exp 15>mastery>>>>everything else once I have enough stam?
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
Yea i also have the legs and the 3 piece, but its cause it was upgrades to what i had on before, the 2 set does seem like it procs alot at least for me.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
So what are the main differences between tanking 10 man and 25 man ( normal mode content).

I know in 25's I'll want to get more stam because the incoming hits are a bit bigger.
hit/exp cap (working on exp cap) are still a must. Do any other stats change in priority?

Still hit 7.5, exp 15>mastery>>>>everything else once I have enough stam?

I'd wait until somebody with a bit more experience in 25's talks (so don't take my words as gospel here), but it won't really change except that you'll be wanting to augment your stamina levels as much as possible to survive the hits; instead of just throwing mastery in sockets you'll probably be doing so with stamina gems instead, also being mindful of socket bonuses (if they're good for you, take them using hybrids).

You're not really doing anything different per se, it's just that your stamina floor (requirement) is just that much higher than a tank in a 10man group. Or at least that's how I've been thinking of it anyway.

If any 25man Warriors are reading, would love to see other opinions so we can get this guy some proper advice if I'm wrong :D

Yea i also have the legs and the 3 piece, but its cause it was upgrades to what i had on before, the 2 set does seem like it procs alot at least for me.

Just looking at things, our best pieces hands down seem to be the helm and the shoulders. Even in the helm, you've got another option in Lei Shen's helm (Battle Pope hat!), but it's still a compelling option for your slot to use Tier. Chest you've flat out got better options (off of Jin'rohk or Megaera, especially if you get a TF drop like I did), Legs you've got better options (Lei Shen's), and Gloves you have a better option (Durumu).

If people would be into that sort of thing I guess I could post a list of our "BiS gear;" just with the understanding that tank gearing isn't as cut and dry as say, gearing for Fury is. >_>;

Though I'm sure Kanga or Demo will come in and correct me anyway, soooo...
Edited by Lowmaine on 5/4/2013 12:54 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
I would be interested in seeing a BiS gear list put up here in the near future. I've been looking online and using the pieces i have to go look for what would be BiS for me/what gear i am able to currently obtain.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Warrior
I could hack something together that would probably be flawed in a bit
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
I could hack something together that would probably be flawed in a bit

Flawed or not would be great to have some sort of a guideline to look back at for what i should upgrade too.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Warrior
Normal BiS - Unless there is a comment, just assume TF version of listed(If it exists) is the implied "True BiS"

Helm - Faceguard of the Last Mogu POSSIBLY TF Lei shen if you don't care about the set
Neck - Necklace of the Terra-Cotta Vanquisher
Shoulders - Shoulderguards of the Last Mogu
Back - Horn-Rimmed Doomcloak
Chest - Rot-Proof Greatplate
Bracers - Caustic Spike Bracers Bracers of Constant Implosion HNNNNNNNG MASTERY
Hands - Artery Rippers
Belt - Swordhook Slingbelt Abandoned Zandalari Bucklebreaker If we assert crit and dodge are equally bad, this your call if you want more mastery or more stam. Or if the belt is TF
Pants - Legplates of Whipping Ionization
Boots - Haunted Steel Warboots, no normal TF durumu boots aren't better
Ring 1 - Loop of the Shado-Pan Assault
Ring 2 - Durumu's Severed Tentacle

Trinkets are subject to change.
Edited by Ðemolition on 5/5/2013 12:56 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
Normal BiS - Unless there is a comment, just assume TF version of listed(If it exists) is the implied "True BiS"

Helm - Faceguard of the Last Mogu POSSIBLY TF Lei shen if you don't care about the set
Neck - Necklace of the Terra-Cotta Vanquisher
Shoulders - Shoulderguards of the Last Mogu
Back - Horn-Rimmed Doomcloak
Chest - Rot-Proof Greatplate
Bracers - Caustic Spike Bracers Bracers of Constant Implosion HNNNNNNNG MASTERY
Hands - Artery Rippers
Belt - Swordhook Slingbelt Abandoned Zandalari Bucklebreaker If we assert crit and dodge are equally bad, this your call if you want more mastery or more stam. Or if the belt is TF
Pants - Legplates of Whipping Ionization
Boots - Haunted Steel Warboots, no normal TF durumu boots aren't better
Ring 1 - Loop of the Shado-Pan Assault
Ring 2 - Durumu's Severed Tentacle

Trinkets are subject to change.

Clipping this to the front page so people don't have to remember it's on this page (and so I have a place to do this for T15 as well).

I'll also list Heroic mode BiS and trinket selections as well.

[e]: Prettied it up a bit and put it on the front page; will do the heroic mode and trinket sections (yes Trinkets get their own section) in the morning or whenever I'm not comatose. x_x;
Edited by Lowmaine on 5/5/2013 1:30 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Warrior
The lei shen helm is really only a thing if its TF
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
The lei shen helm is really only a thing if its TF

Edited it for clarity; thanks for the spot.

Again, will do the heroic one and trinkets later. Passing out again; long day x_x;
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]