!need some tips for healing!

90 Orc Shaman
hello i want to be a better healer but not sure how to start?

currently I'm healing Normals HoF and i think i can heal better to carry my group.

tips would be appreciated.

also my ping is 220.

Thanks in advance <3
Edited by Coble on 12/28/2012 7:15 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
What kind of problems would you like to see improvement on?

To be honest being a better healer comes down to your CD usage, your ability to perceive damage and react accordingly, knowing how to properly manage your mana and utilize your toolkit effectively.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
yes i should be using my cd's in the appropriate situations thanks !
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Before mocking a loose answer, you may want to look back at your question(*edit* your reply appeared to me as sarcasm thus the comment, if it isn't then disregard the mocking part - still everything else would help us help you). There aren't any informations provided, no logs of any decent encounter, no examples of encounters where you have any kind of issues.

Do you ever run out of mana?
Do you use healing stream on CD?
What glyphs do you normaly use and do you swap them around here and there to accomodate an encounter?
What other healer(s) do you play with (class wise)
Do you run 10m or 25m?
Any healing asignments? If so, are you primarily focusing tanks or raid?

Aka when asking for help, even "generic" help so to speak, you will want to provide as much information as possible although preferably in a concise way. Else I can't help you much unless you happen to be in my raid and I can use my logs or at the very least recount breakdown, on top of just the feel I've had healing with you and how well we broke through specific "hard" mechanics and handled our mana.
Edited by Keau on 12/28/2012 10:06 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
And to build on what Keau is saying, do you really learn the fights as you do them? or do you just watch health bars?

I have gotten very good being able to predict the biggest damage that isn't predicted by DBM or without dbm by just knowing the fight.

Knowing the fight's details can really help a healer know when he can throttle heals down or have to throttle up to compensate for possible high damage mistakes.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Mocking no i just didn't know the appropriate answer . . .

didn't mean to sounds like mocking
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]