Eye of the Black Prince, Replaceable?

(Locked)

90 Worgen Warrior
So, I am quite happy!

After hours of grinding out Valor, I finally achieved the Test of Valor achievement.
So, I went and did the two battlegrounds. (Really, though? I didn't mind it so much, but I am sure as more people are doing this, I expect a lot of QQing from PvPers and PvEers alike.) I got up a small group to kill the Dominance Offensive Leader (FOR THE ALLIANCE!!!). And I got my socket:
Eye of the Black Prince

Now, I attached the socket and put a gem into my Kilrak, Jaws of Terror, which happened to also have my Crystallized Terror (...uh duh, lol).

I started thinking.... Is there a way to replace the Kilrak when a heroic version comes up? So I went over to The Black Prince, and I saw no such way to do so. Now I do not necessarily mind, as when I do get the heroic version, progression is over anyways.

But I am just merely questioning the possibility of either a bug or a tough decision to be made on the player (Do I really wanna socket this right now?). If it is the latter, it might be worth mentioning so somewhere in the quest or item itself.

Thank you.

TL;DR: Can the new legendary gem socket be replaceable? If not, is it a bug?
90 Human Mage
The socket as far as I know can't be replaced but until Blizzard says something..../shrug

Really this whole legendary questline, it's...kinda rough on weapon choosing.
90 Worgen Warrior
Heh... Yeh.... I agree it is tough for some people. I am one of the lucky few where it is not tough.

Well thank you for your input.
Edited by Datachanger on 1/1/2013 11:07 PM PST
90 Human Paladin
maybe they should make a npc with gems,eye of the black price & adding future rewards to it as they come..just my 2 cents
Edited by Blådéfox on 1/2/2013 3:31 PM PST
90 Human Monk
I too added a prismatic socket to my current weapon. I was dumb though and thought I would be able to buy another one much like the legendary gems. Guess not though.
90 Tauren Druid
Same problem here. I put it in my current weapon but its not my BIS. They should give a heads up if you cant buy another one before someone use it :S
90 Orc Shaman
Yes, same here. They set precedence with the gem replaceability and it would make sense to allow a second Eye to be purchased. Blizzard please heed our request and put a purchaseable Eye for upgraded weapons. Just because we use it on a current weapons does not make us less qualifiied to receive another one from the Black Prince as we develop our skills and become more efficient in his "eyes".

I don't use twitter, but someone should tweet on this topic.
Edited by Tectonicbomb on 1/3/2013 2:50 PM PST
1 Human Mage
They need to make it replaceable like the gem. We all thought it was since they allowed you to get a 2nd gem, so don't see why you shouldn't be able to get a 2nd eye.
90 Human Monk
Any word on this? Would like a blue response!
90 Tauren Druid
Wait....so you have to do 2 BG's to finish this quest line? Do you have to win them or just complete them?

Wonder how many I'll have to actually que for to actually finish those 2 without getting voted AFK.
90 Human Monk
You have to win them. The quest requires you to win once in each of the two new battlegrounds.
72 Human Warrior
Seems like an underwhelming reward for 6 weeks of subscription time...
/bump

I too would like more information on whether or not this is simply an oversight, or intentional.
90 Night Elf Hunter
01/04/2013 03:20 PMPosted by Zolaris
Seems like an underwhelming reward for 6 weeks of subscription time...
90 Pandaren Rogue
how would they balance this for dual wielding specs?
01/04/2013 04:23 PMPosted by Ripley
how would they balance this for dual wielding specs?

Blizzard could figure something out.
90 Human Monk
WTB more sockets!
Community Manager
There’s currently no way to obtain an additional Eye of the Black Prince, and we’re aware it can create a situation where people are deterred from wanting to upgrade their items. That’s not the intent, we want you to use it and enjoy the upgrade then and there, and so we’re looking into a way for players to obtain additional sockets similar to how you can purchase additional legendary gems.
90 Night Elf Monk
Spend like 1k, get a new Eye. Done.
90 Tauren Druid
01/08/2013 10:03 AMPosted by Bashiok
That’s not the intent, we want you to use it and enjoy the upgrade then and there, and so we’re looking into a way for players to obtain additional sockets similar to how you can purchase additional legendary gems.

Oh that's a relief to know... we have a lot of raiders in our raid team about to complete the test of valor this week, myself included and this was worrying all of us and making us want to hold off using the item until we got the heroic version of the weapon.

<3 for clarifying this issue for us bashiok

01/08/2013 10:05 AMPosted by Zenway
Spend like 1k, get a new Eye. Done.

I wouldn't care if it was 20k ... although it's likely to be 10k like the gem.
Edited by Waraila on 1/8/2013 10:07 AM PST
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]