Eye of the Black Prince, Replaceable?

(Locked)

100 Troll Hunter
I honestly never liked the idea of bringing gold into raiding. Mats for craftables maybe, but dropping 10k gold on sand/to an etheral/ on the black market doesn't seem very epic.
90 Human Paladin
CFT
Gem and Socket sold by the VP guy at Niuzao temple for 10k (9k with guild perk) and 2.5k (2250g with guild perk), respectively.

Edit: Should have said that this is actually LIVE, not an example :P
Edited by Khay on 1/8/2013 11:34 AM PST
100 Night Elf Rogue
01/08/2013 10:30 AMPosted by Jola
went and did the two battlegrounds
ewww.. the legendary requires us to do BG to finish?

wow... i bet all the QQ in chat is loud from real pvpers in the BGs as us non-pvps go in just to get it done, since we are not really there to pvp and dont really participate....

Think of it as Every Week is Children's Week!
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Gem and Socket sold by the VP guy at Niuzao temple for 10k (9k with guild perk) and 2.5k (2250g with guild perk), respectively.

you sir awesome they are indeed sold by the vp QM
90 Undead Mage
01/08/2013 10:07 AMPosted by Waraila
I wouldn't care if it was 20k ... although it's likely to be 10k like the gem.

That would be waaaaaay to costly for that item, 10k for the gem is worth it more, cause its 500 -stat- for your weapon, the prismatic socket is less useful than the gem. personally, i think if the replacement of the prismatic socket is anything over 5k, i will just be holding onto the one i will be getting in a few weeks until i get a weapon worth using it on :P
100 Night Elf Druid
There’s currently no way to obtain an additional Eye of the Black Prince, and we’re aware it can create a situation where people are deterred from wanting to upgrade their items. That’s not the intent, we want you to use it and enjoy the upgrade then and there, and so we’re looking into a way for players to obtain additional sockets similar to how you can purchase additional legendary gems.

It would be nice if you guys lowered the gem cost. That by itself deters people from actually having fun with their weapons.
100 Human Paladin
5k for a new socket, 10k for new legendary sounds fair
90 Human Rogue

Can we get a screenshot? I'm not quite done with my VP Grind, so it wouldn't appear for me if I went there

Edit: Wowhead comments section was updated as of 20 minutes ago saying it's there. Did Bashiok literally get this put in today?

Seems odd that Bashiok would say 4 hours ago that there was not a way to obtain a new Eye, but 5 hours ago on Wowhead someone reported that it was on the vendor http://www.wowhead.com/quest=32390#comments .
Edited by Daltin on 1/8/2013 2:14 PM PST
90 Orc Warrior
01/08/2013 01:54 PMPosted by Macnessa

It's 10k (9k with guild discount) for extra legend gems, and 2.5k (2250 with guild discount) for extra bonus sockets at the VP vendor, Commander Oxheart. More than fair. 11250g to fully prepare a new sha-touched weapon...
90 Worgen Rogue

It's 10k (9k with guild discount) for extra legend gems, and 2.5k (2250 with guild discount) for extra bonus sockets at the VP vendor, Commander Oxheart. More than fair. 11250g to fully prepare a new sha-touched weapon...

So you think 11250g plus the cost of an enchant is a fair price to upgrade a single slot?
You must not raid on more than one toon.

If you are lucky enough to get all three weapons in a tier and want to min/max thats 22750g plus 3 enchants. 25k gold per tier per toon is stupid.

(Edit for fail math)
Edited by Akori on 1/8/2013 2:49 PM PST
90 Human Rogue

So you think 11250g plus the cost of an enchant is a fair price to upgrade a single slot?
You must not raid on more than one toon.

If you are lucky enough to get all three weapons in a tier and want to min/max thats 33750g plus 3 enchants. 35k gold per tier per toon is stupid.

To be fair, if someone is in a guild where they "need" to gear up 3 characters with Sha Weapons, money probably isn't a problem for them.

If someone is in a guild where they "need" 3 characters with Sha weapons, I'd find a new guild.

By this, I only mean no one here is in a guild like Paragon BL or vodka where they need to have something available for anything Blizzard throws at them. We're the common folk of the raiding community
Edited by Daltin on 1/8/2013 2:25 PM PST
90 Night Elf Monk
01/08/2013 02:12 PMPosted by Minoke
11250g to fully prepare a new sha-touched weapon...

01/08/2013 02:12 PMPosted by Minoke
More than fair.

Are you serious?
90 Worgen Rogue
Many semi casual guilds use alts in their main raid, not just top rank guilds. Having a small player pool in a guild can often lead to the need to play alts.

Also you don't need to be raiding on 3 toons to need 3 sha touched weapons per raid tier.
E.g I get LFR weapon then later get normal mode then later heroic mode weapon.

And before you say " well if you are going to get heroic mode weapon don't use your gem" it doesn't always work out that way.
It's very possible that you will use an lfr weapon while progressing through normal modes and even heroic mode depending on luck with gear drops. And even guilds that are clearing 14/16 heroic modes will have people in their guild with normal mode weapons. And a whole guild with sha touched fully gemmed weapons will be more effective than a guild where all the members want to hold out on using the gem until their heroic weapon drops.
100 Night Elf Rogue
Here's an idea to not only fix this issue but implement fixes for items of this nature in the future:

Add a NPC who removes the gem/socket from the item, for a fee. The item would lose all gems and enchantments, much like when you place something in void storage, making it a simple matter for the NPC to simply hand a fresh item and the gem or socket items back to the player, after removing the original item from the player's inventory.

This solves multiple problems at once:

1. Everyone knows where to go to re-use these unique items
2. The cost of re-using the items can be easily adjusted as desired by simply altering the NPC cost
3. Any special items such as these added to the game in the future can easily be implemented.

Seems like a simple enough solution, might take a little bit of behind the scenes work but I'm pretty sure most of the mechanics for this are already in the game in one form or another.
90 Blood Elf Priest
you can purchase additional eyes from the valor vendor in townlong stepps

there on the last page last item they cost 2.5k but your guild perk if your exalted kicks in to make it 2.250g

:)
Edited by Zamiå on 1/8/2013 3:33 PM PST
90 Worgen Rogue

Can we get a screenshot? I'm not quite done with my VP Grind, so it wouldn't appear for me if I went there

Edit: Wowhead comments section was updated as of 20 minutes ago saying it's there. Did Bashiok literally get this put in today?

Seems odd that Bashiok would say 4 hours ago that there was not a way to obtain a new Eye, but 5 hours ago on Wowhead someone reported that it was on the vendor http://www.wowhead.com/quest=32390#comments .

It most likely went live on the server restart and Bashiok wasnt informed of it yet when he comented here, he knew they were trying to do somethign but didnt know they ahd done it already.

In all fairness this week is the first week anyone could possibily have gotten the eye so blizz was fast enought to solve this issue.
90 Human Priest
There’s currently no way to obtain an additional Eye of the Black Prince, and we’re aware it can create a situation where people are deterred from wanting to upgrade their items. That’s not the intent, we want you to use it and enjoy the upgrade then and there, and so we’re looking into a way for players to obtain additional sockets similar to how you can purchase additional legendary gems.

since when was bashiok a tree.

And why does this tree look like its overdosed on mountain dew.

Bash is back to the old school after returning to the WOW team. This is the vintage Bash
90 Night Elf Druid
So, I am quite happy!

So, I went and did the two battlegrounds. (Really, though? I didn't mind it so much, but I am sure as more people are doing this, I expect a lot of QQing from PvPers and PvEers alike.)
Eye of the Black Prince

Who.

The hell.

Thought this was a good idea?
100 Gnome Mage
To everyone that has commented on this, you need to realize something. This is a legendary questline. Think about every legendary before this. Legendaries are time consuming, expensive, and for the lucky few that complete it. You all cry about the welfare epics that blizzard is handing out but then cry when they make it so only the devoted or the people who can make money can get a 'legendary' questline done. A legendary is just that, legendary. Not everyone is going to have one, be glad they made the first 2 components something everyone can have. I can't wait to see the complaining when the weapons come out and its basically going to fall back to everyone having to collect 2000 random drops 1 raider at a time, and maybe 2-3 people get their weapon before its irrelevant by the next tier/expansion.
90 Worgen Death Knight
"we're looking into a way" doesnt sound very convincing to me, so far i have an item i cant use till i get a heroic sha touched weapon
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]