Eye of the Black Prince, Replaceable?

(Locked)

90 Troll Warlock
There’s currently no way to obtain an additional Eye of the Black Prince, and we’re aware it can create a situation where people are deterred from wanting to upgrade their items. That’s not the intent, we want you to use it and enjoy the upgrade then and there, and so we’re looking into a way for players to obtain additional sockets similar to how you can purchase additional legendary gems.

Going to throw caution into the wind and use this on my LFR version assuming this happens by the time I manage to get the normal one. Really hope this happens.
90 Worgen Warrior
01/08/2013 11:04 AMPosted by Zenway
I wouldn't care if it was 20k ... although it's likely to be 10k like the gem.

So every time we get a new weapon we have to drop 20k.
Doesn't sound very cool.
You would have a point if we were getting new sha-touched weapons. We're gradually upgrading the ones we get in T14 until they're legendaries. For all we know, all three versions of the weapons will have the same end result.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
According to some people on mmochampion you can buy more eyes and gems off the valor vendor(which also lowers price with guild perk). Nice to know the legendary gems and eye can be hotfixed onto a vendor but the s11 gear for paladins can't find it's way onto the vendor(even though every class except i think druids can actually buy their set).
90 Troll Warlock
01/08/2013 09:21 PMPosted by Wilhelm
According to some people on mmochampion you can buy more eyes and gems off the valor vendor(which also lowers price with guild perk). Nice to know the legendary gems and eye can be hotfixed onto a vendor but the s11 gear for paladins can't find it's way onto the vendor(even though every class except i think druids can actually buy their set).

....He's right. I just checked to see for myself after seeing this post. To my surprise they snuck it in there. Extra Eyes and Crystals at the Valor Quartermaster now in Townlong.
90 Worgen Mage
Yup, 2250g to buy a new one. Thanks for hotfixing this!
90 Troll Monk
Can you put Eye of the Black Prince on two weapons that you dual wield?
90 Human Warrior
I only read the front and the last pages. Since this gem is not unique equipped, can this be put on any sha touched weapons even for dual weilds?

It seems a little unfair to others but i will not be complaining much on this character.
90 Pandaren Monk
Oh good, I thought I was screwed having no prismatic for my eventual heroic weapon. Thanks a ton Blizzard. :D
90 Gnome Rogue
01/08/2013 11:15 PMPosted by Húrz

Yes. I tested this and you can have 2 sha touched weapons equipped both with a extra socket, but only 1 with a 500 stat gem, obviously. I kinda doubt this is intended, but its working for now.
90 Blood Elf Warrior
01/08/2013 10:05 AMPosted by Zenway
Spend like 1k, get a new Eye. Done.

maybe 5k for something like this
90 Worgen Warrior
You can buy it , in rhe valor quartermaster
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/9/wowscrnshot010913104738.jpg/
2250g
90 Gnome Mage
Good to hear. I don't have the socket yet but I know I'd be in a quandary about whether or not to actually use it since who knows if more Sha-Touched Weapons will be coming later.
90 Pandaren Shaman
Why not, instead of buying these things with gold, allow the raid bosses to keep dropping the sigils of strength and wisdom after the initial quest is done and use them as the currency to buy the gems and the sockets.

This way they can make the items accessible to anyone that raids but leave it up to the RNG that they so love (sarcasm off.)
90 Night Elf Hunter
How about those of us who can't get our Sha touched weapon. Bliz has a special re-start so some can get an extra slot, but I would be deleriously happy to just get my sha-touched weapon (rifle) drop off LFR. I have killed Lei Shi 12 times, no drop...and I have the epic gem. Have killed the sha of anger many times, and have gotten the tier 14 pants 3 times, nothing else, give me a break. I also killed madness (cata) 19 times, only saw that bow drop 2 times (lost both of those rolls, of course). I'm getting sick and tired of these screwed up gear drops. May be time to get a real life....
90 Human Warrior
01/09/2013 03:16 AMPosted by Sharpbladez

Yes. I tested this and you can have 2 sha touched weapons equipped both with a extra socket, but only 1 with a 500 stat gem, obviously. I kinda doubt this is intended, but its working for now.

I sincerely hope if this is not intended, the "hotfix" for it won't mark them as unique equipped. If that happens, and I can't dual wield my sha-touched weapons, I would be rather annoyed.

Can a blue poster confirm whether this is by design or not?
90 Gnome Priest
01/09/2013 11:09 AMPosted by Crispin
How about those of us who can't get our Sha touched weapon. Bliz has a special re-start so some can get an extra slot, but I would be deleriously happy to just get my sha-touched weapon (rifle) drop off LFR. I have killed Lei Shi 12 times, no drop...and I have the epic gem. Have killed the sha of anger many times, and have gotten the tier 14 pants 3 times, nothing else, give me a break. I also killed madness (cata) 19 times, only saw that bow drop 2 times (lost both of those rolls, of course). I'm getting sick and tired of these screwed up gear drops. May be time to get a real life....

still hoping grand empress drops the mace for us soon! (I'm really sad nearly every healer, ele shammy, and spriest wants this mace =/ )
90 Human Warrior
So, I am quite happy!

After hours of grinding out Valor, I finally achieved the Test of Valor achievement.

So I haven't really been paying attention like I should, but does VP you grind after being capped for the week still count towards the achievement?

No--at least it didn't for me.
Only VP that actually show up on your currency tab counts. Not sure what happens if you're capped though, and there could be a rather unusual situation where you have this quest but no epic gear to actually spend VP on (in theory since HoF/Terrace requires 470, you could be in full dungeon blues upgraded with JP and sitting at 471 with absolute sh*t for luck--meaning in all the time you collected sigils you got 0 purple loot).
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]