Eye of the Black Prince, Replaceable?

(Locked)

The problem is that 10k on one gem is a joke as a result I will wait til I get my normal mode weapon to slot my gem and possibly not even then I am not dropping 10k every time i get a new sha touched weapon it is absurd... I should be a few hundred gold for a new gem tops or allow us to remove it and slot it into our new weapon.....
90 Draenei Warrior
Wait, what's stopping players from using the Eye over and over again on the same weapon if we can have more Eyes
It is likely unique equip.
90 Orc Death Knight
Give Jewel crafting some love. Make it expensive but make it so jewel crafting can learn to make these like once every 7 days or something.
100 Troll Mage
as long as it isnt 20k to just add a gem+socket to an upgrade x-x .... and every upgrade
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Or you can just add an NPC to unsocket that specific GEM for a 5k charge. If it isn't your intent for people to hold onto it till they get their legendaries or what not that would be the most Valid way to go about it. He can be an assistant to the Black Prince who does it for you or the Black Prince could do it himself and he can just make a funny comment on how you should wisely use this item or something along those lines
100 Human Priest
I just don't understand the point of having to pay 10k for a new gem every time.
1 Tauren Shaman
Nooooooo not a good idea and they already gave them some love the tigers were that Love xP.
90 Human Paladin
01/10/2013 05:27 PMPosted by Cerberús
I just don't understand the point of having to pay 10k for a new gem every time.

If you're in a position of upgrading a sha-touched weapon more than once, wouldn't it be smart to just save the gem for weapon you'll use the longest?
Ripley
90 Worgen Rogue
Enigma

how would they balance this for dual wielding specs?

LMAO and you REALLY NEED MORE....omg man could you get any better geared, must be nice in a uber guild were you dont have to do nothing but swing batta swing lol
100 Worgen Mage
You have to win them. The quest requires you to win once in each of the two new battlegrounds.

Thanks, I do appreciate it. Wont touch this questline now.

On a PVE server and I point blank refuse to set foot in any pvp area or BG.
100 Blood Elf Warlock
01/11/2013 05:18 AMPosted by Zhenogre
You have to win them. The quest requires you to win once in each of the two new battlegrounds.

Thanks, I do appreciate it. Wont touch this questline now.

On a PVE server and I point blank refuse to set foot in any pvp area or BG.

I will never touch this stupid quest. Pvp !@#$ in a legendary questline? No, thanks.
70 Human Warlock
anyone know where purple lotus is found
90 Human Death Knight
There’s currently no way to obtain an additional Eye of the Black Prince, and we’re aware it can create a situation where people are deterred from wanting to upgrade their items. That’s not the intent, we want you to use it and enjoy the upgrade then and there, and so we’re looking into a way for players to obtain additional sockets similar to how you can purchase additional legendary gems.
Whenever I first look at this gem I figured it would be one we could carry through MoP. Like if we put another gem in its place it would just pop out and back into out bags. And I like how it can only go into the weapons but yeah, think just letting us remove this one gem manually would be the best solution. Now I dont know how the head enchant will work, but hope yall got some kinda system goin on for it.
100 Blood Elf Hunter
suggestion: put in on the valor vendor if you have completed the quest to get it.

costs: 10 sha crystals OR 5 spirits of harmony. (i want to be able to farm something other then gold to replace this).

or for an alternate suggestion, make it a learned spell, in the general tab of your spellbook. that way you can enchant as many of your sha touched weapons as you want, perhaps with a 1 week cooldown or something.
Edited by Supertomx on 1/11/2013 12:19 PM PST
90 Tauren Warrior
Am I missing something or can you not just buy a new Eye from the VP vendor for around 2k gold?

Jan 8th Hot Fixes:

Commander Oxheart in Townlong Steppes will now sell Crystallized Dread, Crystallized Terror, Crystallized Horror, and Eye of the Black Prince for gold to players that have completed the appropriate quest lines.
100 Tauren Shaman
To everyone that has commented on this, you need to realize something. This is a legendary questline. Think about every legendary before this. Legendaries are time consuming, expensive, and for the lucky few that complete it.

This argument is completely fail for the simple fact that this "legendary" chain isn't very "legendary" when they made it available to EVERYONE through LFR. The items, thus far, haven't been "legendary".

You want me to consider a 500-550 stat gem and a prismatic sha touched slot on the same plane as level-appropriate Thunderfury, Sulfuras, Atiesh, Thori'dal, Valanyr, Shadowmourne, et cetera.

No. Locking it behind a ridiculous amount of gold to replace items doesn't make them "legendary", it makes them a tedious gold sink. If they were TRUE legendaries, only a very, very, few people would have them. 10k per gem is ridiculous and incentivizes not upgrading because that sweet weapon you finally might get through RNG now has an extra price tag associated with it. And if you're in a core raiding guild, you can't leave it empty, you're EXPECTED to fill it. Expected to get the extra socket.

This is a terrible replacement for "legendaries" (gold stars for everyone!) and an equally terrible attempt by Blizzard to reduce the amount of gold in the economy. All it does is penalize players who can't sink 40+ hours a week into the game.
90 Human Priest
01/11/2013 06:32 AMPosted by Tarant
anyone know where purple lotus is found

Wowhead.
100 Worgen Hunter
Omg. Hi data lol. I hope it's not super expensive mildly worried about changing weapons
90 Blood Elf Hunter
There’s currently no way to obtain an additional Eye of the Black Prince, and we’re aware it can create a situation where people are deterred from wanting to upgrade their items. That’s not the intent, we want you to use it and enjoy the upgrade then and there, and so we’re looking into a way for players to obtain additional sockets similar to how you can purchase additional legendary gems.

Thank You!!!!
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]