PvP on Wyrmrest Accord

90 Undead Warrior
If youre looking for an hpal, I'm up for helping anyone.

Also- PvP on WoW in general takes little to no skill anymore, if you ever even considered it to in the first place. It will never be balanced, and so on and so forth.

That said- back to drawing.

Would definitely love an Hpally for 3s, if you're up for it. Would love to get a decent team together to try and push rating, and try for titles, etc. Just gotta find a third, if that's the case.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
Also, I just wanted to say thank you to everyone for all the responses. I really don't know a lot of people in the PvP community from WrA, so it was nice to see a lot of friendly faces. Feel free to hit me up in game for random BGs, or whatever. I've already had a couple people message me, which has been nice. Looking forward to wreaking havoc on the battlefields.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
01/02/2013 11:46 PMPosted by Shailaja
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQvb2Oy0ph8

http://i.imgur.com/cuKbM.png
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
I find the best PvPers are not outspoken at all. They just sort of do what they enjoy and welcome others to play it.

The outspoken PvPers tend to come across as braggarts and boorish louts.
This is my experience as well.

I really don't know what you are looking for in PVP, but Moon Guard has a heavy RPPVP playerbase (and I'm sure Emerald Dream does, as well), if you're looking for more serious PVP than Wyrmrest Accord offers these days.

I moved to WrA from Moon Guard actually, because of a friend. Which is also the reason I chose not to transfer off of WrA.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Back in wotlk i can remember using our AAOpvp channel to do most of our communication with non guildies for epic wintergrasp battles and world pvp. Im hoping to bring that channel back as something all ally pvp'ers can use to find anything from an arena team to world pvp raids without having to leave their guild.

im pretty sure there is an old horde channel just named pvp you guys could do the same or start your own
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
Back in wotlk i can remember using our AAOpvp channel to do most of our communication with non guildies for epic wintergrasp battles and world pvp. Im hoping to bring that channel back as something all ally pvp'ers can use to find anything from an arena team to world pvp raids without having to leave their guild.

im pretty sure there is an old horde channel just named pvp you guys could do the same or start your own

Hey. We'll try our own ideas, Alliance scum.*

*- I'm totally, 100% kidding. It was Garrosh talking, I swear. That is actually a good idea, thanks! Anyone have a channel like this going, or should we create one?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
01/03/2013 01:57 AMPosted by Adonte

Hey man, Myth gets a pass, he's a pretty cool guy. Was one of the people I used to run with in BG's a lot before I moved on to Horde.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
01/03/2013 02:52 AMPosted by Karimysac

Hey man, Myth gets a pass, he's a pretty cool guy. Was one of the people I used to run with in BG's a lot before I moved on to Horde.

While I personally don't know who he is, I promise it was a joke. I have no hatred for Alliance players, since I didn't even play Horde myself, until moving to WrA.
Reply Quote
100 Human Rogue
If you want to start world PVP events, I'd love them and would likely participate, however if you're just going to grief Stormwind with cheap tactics, expect a similar response. I wish you luck.

This is what I think the people arguing with me about whether griefing Goldshire or dancing around in Valley of the Heroes constitutes "World PvP" are missing. That one blood elf hunter using the snake trap exploit to force flag people dueling so he can feel good about his easy mode kill isn't bragworthy PvP. Bragging about that is like bragging about how you kicked those kittens clear across the street.

Yes, world PvP will inevitably involve areas where people might be leveling. Don't kill the questgivers more than a couple of times. And FFS, don't expect respect because you sit on a bunch of level 10 NPCs for two hours, that's just silly. It's Goldshire. Everyone knows you're not doing it because you want world PvP. You're doing it because you think you're griefing ERPers.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
I find the best PvPers are not outspoken at all. They just sort of do what they enjoy and welcome others to play it.

The outspoken PvPers tend to come across as braggarts and boorish louts.

Who would this be implying? Im just curious,

See I have one big question about the world PVP situation for our server. Wouldn't any faction intending to start world PVP be inhibiting the opposite factions "leveling" no matter where they did it at? Even if we went to Lions Landing in Krassang wild wouldn't we still be inhibiting the Alliance higher levels by slowing down their dailies and what ever else? On top of that if you want the opposite faction to respond wouldn't you want to hit the opposite closer to home? I feel its just the fact that the Horde tends to be more up front with how they are with their "honor and loyalty" from what i understand that's how the horde is look at Garrosh he goes face first into anything he thinks is fit mean while the King is just kind of chilling dealing with politics a different way and by different i mean more of a papers and talk way. I mean if attacking Goldshire is that big of a deal then why not ask us to move our spots occasionally or ask us to rotate to different capitals, I mean I'm pretty sure I can speak for all of B.S.V. when I say we don't care much whether we are attacking Stormwind or Ironforge we want the Alliance to show us we can't walk all over them with a 15 man raid group fight back, build an anti-horde raid that's what we want we want the ALLIANCE to show us they can fight too. So technically we are building you up so we can build ourselves up!

-- Lorashh, Scout of the Bloodsong Vanguard
(Sorry for any typos or what ever)

Well Said, no matter where we raid, someone will have an issue with it.
Also, what if the alliance were to raid orgrimmar and razor hill? and couldn't be takin out? then the same exact situation would occur, the alliance are "disturbing" lowbies questing.

The game was designed to allow people to pvp if they wish, and World PVP is fun, it allows the alliance to group up, coordinate their attack and push us back out.

What we do allows PVP on both ends of the spectrum, complaining questing and all that nonsense is just pointless, since this is not a pvp server. so they really can't be killed unless they want to be. And for the quests? we sit in the INN when we get overwhelmed with players, and there are plenty of quest givers that do not get pulled into the inn, simply put questing can continue almost 90% of the time. If NO players show up to gold shire? we push to stormwind.

01/03/2013 04:33 AMPosted by Araquiel
If you want to start world PVP events, I'd love them and would likely participate, however if you're just going to grief Stormwind with cheap tactics, expect a similar response. I wish you luck.

This is what I think the people arguing with me about whether griefing Goldshire or dancing around in Valley of the Heroes constitutes "World PvP" are missing. That one blood elf hunter using the snake trap exploit to force flag people dueling so he can feel good about his easy mode kill isn't bragworthy PvP. Bragging about that is like bragging about how you kicked those kittens clear across the street.

Yes, world PvP will inevitably involve areas where people might be leveling. Don't kill the questgivers more than a couple of times. And FFS, don't expect respect because you sit on a bunch of level 10 NPCs for two hours, that's just silly. It's Goldshire. Everyone knows you're not doing it because you want world PvP. You're doing it because you think you're griefing ERPers.

Goldshire, is occupied by level 90 pvpers, obviously not as much as stormwind, but thats right there, 30 seconds away. you should take a look once in a while, since you seem to be so informed, When we do these world pvp events, we actually contact alliance players on our real id TO ASK FOR A COUNTER RAID. which creates a world pvp event, I assume you were leveling once or something during our events, you just seem so counter productive over something that could be fun both factions.

We are not planning to let the alliance know were going to raid ahead of time. The way it works is --> We Push --> You Form --> We Fight ---> Someone Wins.
Edited by Eg on 1/3/2013 9:05 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin

If a quest giver calls out for guards, I'm killing them. It's nothing personal and it's not griefing.

01/03/2013 04:33 AMPosted by Araquiel
Bragging about that is like bragging about how you kicked those kittens clear across the street.

Those kittens never made it across the street. Cars kept driving by and stealing my field goals.

01/03/2013 04:09 AMPosted by Rixita

It's a date.
Edited by Xtinction on 1/3/2013 9:39 AM PST
Reply Quote
Good luck in finding a PvP social circle. They aren't nearly as prevalent on WrA as they once were.
Reply Quote
01/03/2013 09:02 AMPosted by Eg
Who would this be implying? Im just curious,

It's probably just a general statement engendered by empirical evidence rather than ragging on anybody specifically (as far as this server/battlegroup is concerned).
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
01/03/2013 10:44 AMPosted by Deoradhan
Good luck in finding a PvP social circle. They aren't nearly as prevalent on WrA as they once were.

This is what im going for with the AAOpvp channel. WRA has plenty of pvp'ers its just that were all spread out across 15 different guilds. So with pm no communication between eachother besides trade we have very few chances to organize anything worthwhile. Im personally hoping to get this server more active in RBG's.

You changed your name so i dont know who you are :(
Edited by Mythek on 1/3/2013 11:28 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Adonte, I'd try it, but honestly I'm burnt out. Real rating is difficult to achieve this season in arena, due to the refusal by blizz to reset mmr, and all the win trading.

RBGs are easy, brainless, and instant 2200+ for anyone (I've seen people go from being 1600 to 2300 in rbgs, that's how pathetically easy they are), so I would suggest trying that.

In order to push in arena, you sorta need t2 from rbgs this late in the season, because all you see at 2k+ is exactly that.

Regardless, I'd try if you want to. I know a DK that's looking for a team, we can run tsg.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Hunter
01/03/2013 02:13 PMPosted by Methodmann
I've seen people go from being 1600 to 2300

People are exploiting, hence less than 20 games played with like 60 - 80% w/l and almost 2300 rating. :/
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
01/03/2013 02:32 PMPosted by Tomato
I've seen people go from being 1600 to 2300

People are exploiting, hence less than 20 games played with like 60 - 80% w/l and almost 2300 rating. :/

There eventually will be a ban wave, once it occurs, they will be known, once they are known, they will be just rejected from any pvp community. Simplistic yet worth it.
Reply Quote
100 Human Death Knight
PvP on wyrmrest accord is on new low because, well, this season isn't exactly the best pvp season yet. All pvp is quite low.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]