PvP on Wyrmrest Accord

90 Orc Warrior
01/03/2013 11:27 AMPosted by Mythek
You changed your name so i dont know who you are :(

Zae.

You should make a Horde and run BG's with us over on Illidan someday.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
Adonte, I'd try it, but honestly I'm burnt out. Real rating is difficult to achieve this season in arena, due to the refusal by blizz to reset mmr, and all the win trading.

RBGs are easy, brainless, and instant 2200+ for anyone (I've seen people go from being 1600 to 2300 in rbgs, that's how pathetically easy they are), so I would suggest trying that.

In order to push in arena, you sorta need t2 from rbgs this late in the season, because all you see at 2k+ is exactly that.

Regardless, I'd try if you want to. I know a DK that's looking for a team, we can run tsg.

Yeah, I'm down. TSG sounds fun.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
In Wrath of the Lich King, the Horde dominated Wintergrasp the entire expansion, and with how Tenacity worked, it was a miserable experience. Yet we kept fighting and put up good fights. It felt like every patch added something against us though (catapults not being able to go through the small passages, etc). But then faction transfers came, and everyone transferred Horde and any real desire for us to keep fighting ended. We spent the rest of the expansion getting stomped because we refused to/couldn't change factions.

I know exactly what you mean. Horde owned Wintergrasp all throughout Wrath on Moon Guard, too. I refused to transfer because of the guild I was in, and honestly I never really thought I'd be playing Horde, but after a hiatus I came back and my best friend was on Horde - WrA. So I made a toon here, and then eventually Adonte became my main.
Reply Quote
100 Human Rogue
01/03/2013 09:02 AMPosted by Eg
I assume you were leveling once or something during our events, you just seem so counter productive over something that could be fun both factions.

You would assume incorrectly. This character was leveled to max through Vanilla and then on through BC on Emerald Dream. I actually enjoy world PvP. I transferred to Sentinels and then to WrA to remain with friends and because I was ready to be out of an enforced PvP environment.

As far as being negative about world PvP, I'm not. As I've mentioned, I enjoy it, and unless I'm busy or not feeling well when the alarms go off, I'm generally there. I don't have the least little bit of issue with you guys engendering world PvP out of any area whatsoever. I showed up for the game last night (a bit late as I was AFK eating dinner for part of it, apparently), and dove right in.

I just have a couple of personal opinions you don't share. Camping questgiver NPCs: 1) isn't PvP, and 2) is a jerk move when people on a non-PvP server are trying to level once it's been carried on longer than about 15 minutes.

Look, There's a lot of people on RP realms who genuinely enjoy PvP. It's "IC", and when the people involved are sportsmanlike it's a LOT of fun. Here's the thing: There are also a lot of people on RP realms because they do not want PvP forced on them, and the PvE server ruleset generally gives them a bulwark against that. That is why they are here.

Can you understand why when you guys come along force-flagging people with snake traps (and you KNOW who I'm referring to) and camping low level questgivers for hours on end, you might not necessarily be viewed in the most positive light?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
01/03/2013 03:28 PMPosted by Araquiel
I assume you were leveling once or something during our events, you just seem so counter productive over something that could be fun both factions.

You would assume incorrectly. This character was leveled to max through Vanilla and then on through BC on Emerald Dream. I actually enjoy world PvP. I transferred to Sentinels and then to WrA to remain with friends and because I was ready to be out of an enforced PvP environment.

As far as being negative about world PvP, I'm not. As I've mentioned, I enjoy it, and unless I'm busy or not feeling well when the alarms go off, I'm generally there. I don't have the least little bit of issue with you guys engendering world PvP out of any area whatsoever. I showed up for the game last night (a bit late as I was AFK eating dinner for part of it, apparently), and dove right in.

I just have a couple of personal opinions you don't share. Camping questgiver NPCs: 1) isn't PvP, and 2) is a jerk move when people on a non-PvP server are trying to level once it's been carried on longer than about 15 minutes.

Look, There's a lot of people on RP realms who genuinely enjoy PvP. It's "IC", and when the people involved are sportsmanlike it's a LOT of fun. Here's the thing: There are also a lot of people on RP realms because they do not want PvP forced on them, and the PvE server ruleset generally gives them a bulwark against that. That is why they are here.

Can you understand why when you guys come along force-flagging people with snake traps (and you KNOW who I'm referring to) and camping low level questgivers for hours on end, you might not necessarily be viewed in the most positive light?

YOU LO OSE
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
You changed your name so i dont know who you are :(

Zae.

You should make a Horde and run BG's with us over on Illidan someday.

I know it! I got my orc warrior to 90 and started gearing but I just got bored being another melee class. Maybe ill hook up with u guys this weekend and we can do some gy camping
Edited by Mythek on 1/3/2013 4:14 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Camping questgiver NPCs: 1) isn't PvP, and 2) is a jerk move when people on a non-PvP server are trying to level once it's been carried on longer than about 15 minutes.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
Well I PvP, may not be great at it on my DK but I'd be happy to work on my hunter's gear and join ya. I love arenas, was real big into them in BC even have that big glowy axe still :)
My hunter is Linndrah, she is my main. If I am not on her I am on Hath. See ya around.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
01/03/2013 04:10 PMPosted by Mythek
I know it! I got my orc warrior to 90 and started gearing but I just got bored being another melee class. Maybe ill hook up with u guys this weekend and we can do some gy camping

I'm having a lot of fun on Warrior, I may not even go back to Rogue after 5.2 if warriors stay somewhat useful.

A mass murder reunion sounds fun though lol.
Edited by Karimysac on 1/3/2013 4:21 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
01/03/2013 04:21 PMPosted by Karimysac

I'm having a lot of fun on Warrior, I may not even go back to Rogue after 5.2 if warriors stay somewhat useful.

A mass murder reunion sounds fun though lol.

I've wanted a Warrior for a very long time. For some reason I never got around to leveling one, until this past June.. (actually I know the reason, it's because I hate leveling). Anyhow, I finally got around to leveling Adonte here, and this was before I even knew about all the Warrior changes coming in MoP, and even in a nerfed state I had a ton of fun with it. I honestly feel like I'mma be a Warrior for life now.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Get back in your cage, Kari!
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
By useless, I mean Rogue-level of uselessness. At the start of MoP to now Rogues were bad, like, really bad. Unbelievably bad.

I have high hopes that Warrior changes coming in 5.2 will not nerf them to that level. The main thing it will do is stop the bad warriors from being carried by Second Wind.

TfB change is a technical buff btw, instead of massive burst roulette we'll have moderate damage being a bit more steady.

01/03/2013 04:27 PMPosted by Imagoodlay

But I dun want tooooo :(
Edited by Karimysac on 1/3/2013 4:32 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
By useless, I mean Rogue-level of uselessness. At the start of MoP to now Rogues were bad, like, really bad. Unbelievably bad.

I have high hopes that Warrior changes coming in 5.2 will not nerf them to that level. The mian thing it will do is stop the bad warriors from being carried by Second Wind.

TfB change is a technical buff btw, instead of massive burst roulette we'll have moderate damage being a bit more steady.

But I dun want tooooo :(

Yeah, I'm looking forward to the TfB change. Also the Slam buff. Interested to see if Hunter pets will count toward the 3 target limitation to reducing Shockwave CD. (Read: Stampede).
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Do it anyways.

I have high hopes that Warrior changes coming in 5.2 will not nerf them to that level. The mian thing it will do is stop the bad warriors from being carried by Second Wind.

You're useless regardless of the class you play. (el oh el) I need Mythek back so I have someone worthy of my pocket heals!
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
You're useless regardless of the class you play. (el oh el) I need Mythek back so I have someone worthy of my pocket heals!

That's it, no more peels for joo!

>:(

Yeah, I'm looking forward to the TfB change. Also the Slam buff. Interested to see if Hunter pets will count toward the 3 target limitation to reducing Shockwave CD. (Read: Stampede).

Yeah it doesn't say only players, it'll keep Shockwave useful for groups while nerfing the single target stunlocking we could do.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
That's it, no more peels for joo!

>:(

Not like I got them anyways!
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
Warriors are the new FOTM class. With the mage nerfs of 5.2 I am pretty sure we'll be seeing even more of them show up.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior

Have you actually seen our world PVP? When have we done any of what your saying, We do not occupy a town for long unless were under pressure. If there is a complete faction wide battle, I do not plan to think of some lowbies on the opposite faction, if were sitting there with no one near us, we push into stormwind. You are thinking of other people when your talking about us. We have never targeted lowbies nor have we ever sat in a town to grind NPC's

01/03/2013 04:36 PMPosted by Necronis
Warriors are the new FOTM class. With the mage nerfs of 5.2 I am pretty sure we'll be seeing even more of them show up.

You obviously haven't read up on fire mages, although scorch will cost mana in the PTR, they are planning to fix that, theres no way they would nerf both specs that enormously. Im telling you, fire is gonna still be dominant just like it is now in 5.1

Warriors get a nerf aswell. Our burst gets revamped, we now have to build up more than just rage ( overpower stacks ) and just we lose our control, with the shock wave CD nerf.

Rogues get buffed, So do locks. Youll see a rise of them. Same as Boomies, there really underrated currently but they arn't being touched, which means its better for them.
Edited by Eg on 1/3/2013 4:40 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
01/03/2013 04:35 PMPosted by Imagoodlay
Not like I got them anyways!

Hey hey hey! Dun be hatin' on a guy cause of his on limitation!

Or just blame the hunter.

:D?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
01/03/2013 02:32 PMPosted by Tomato
I've seen people go from being 1600 to 2300

People are exploiting, hence less than 20 games played with like 60 - 80% w/l and almost 2300 rating. :/

Hella frustrating. Look at the r1 on the bg for RBGs. All achieves from 0-2800? in one day? That's total crap.

Though some are legit, I got my 1900-2200 in one day, as long as you run with higher mmr players, it boosts QUICK.

Its just that the achieves and gear are as acquirable as they were in vanilla- just takes time, not skill. Ugh.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]