PvP on Wyrmrest Accord

90 Undead Warrior
Yeah, that's fine. I can definitely appreciate that one's experience will form one's opinions. We're all guilty of it to be honest, and I respect yours as well. I don't mean to come off abrasive or anything.

On a lighter note, I do wish you the best on your endeavour!

Why thank you good sir. I made the post as kind of a last resort, before giving up and rerolling an alt Warrior on another server (though after nearly 24k conquest earned this season on Adonte here, the thought is kind of painful). That said, the post worked much better than expected. I've received many whispers so far about random PvP activities.
Edited by Adonte on 1/3/2013 7:46 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
01/03/2013 07:42 PMPosted by Adonte
Why thank you good sir. I made the post as kind of a last resort, before giving up and rerolling an alt Warrior on another server (though after nearly 24k conquest earned this season on Adonte here, the thought is kind of painful). That said, the post worked much better than expected. I've received many whispers so far about random PvP activities.

If you're looking to do or don't mind some RP-PVP I'd be down to coordinate something with you.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
01/03/2013 04:38 PMPosted by Eg
Same as Boomies, there really underrated currently

The only reason that is, is because Boomkin takes coordination and knowledge of when to hit what to play it.

01/03/2013 04:38 PMPosted by Eg
and just we lose our control, with the shock wave CD nerf.

Warbringer and Storm bolt still exist. That and even if you don't have warbringer, you have charge stun for an interrupt. Pair that with amazing utility, and you still are sitting on top. Second wind was ridiculous, it needed a nerf. Shockwave was the shortest CD stun with no req's in game, also ridiculous.

But no use arguing about it, we'll see how it goes.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
01/03/2013 08:11 PMPosted by Methodmann
Same as Boomies, there really underrated currently

The only reason that is, is because Boomkin takes coordination and knowledge of when to hit what to play it.

and just we lose our control, with the shock wave CD nerf.

Warbringer and Storm bolt still exist. That and even if you don't have warbringer, you have charge stun for an interrupt. Pair that with amazing utility, and you still are sitting on top. Second wind was ridiculous, it needed a nerf. Shockwave was the shortest CD stun with no req's in game, also ridiculous.

But no use arguing about it, we'll see how it goes.

I've always loved Boomkin. Glad to see they're finally gettin' some love on the PvP side of things. And yeah, I really don't think the Shockwave nerf will kill us. I think it'll just raise the skillcap.
Reply Quote
It would pretty fun if there was some more World PvP done or some RP-PvP events set up.

Whenever I see the World Defense alarm go off I rush in, but it's unfortunately pretty rare and I don't really get much word when guilds go to take over towns or attack cities as I'm usually flying around.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
Second Wind isn't and never was ridiculous.

If you can't get through something like ... 3% of 300k is... 30k a second? I think?(prenerf, now it's down to like 15k(or less) in pvp zones).

If you and up to four other people couldn't get through 30k hps a second(Not counting a healer), you had much bigger problems than the Warrior with second wind.
Edited by Sinfalore on 1/5/2013 12:54 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight

If you can't get through something like ... 3% of 300k is... 30k a second? I think?(prenerf, now it's down to like 15k(or less) in pvp zones).

If you and up to four other people couldn't get through 30k hps a second(Not counting a healer), you had much bigger problems than the Warrior with second wind.

Yes it was ridiculous. It's not now.

It was healing about 8k per second on people with gear. The average dps on targets with resil is maxed at about 35k. Second wind was healing through a huge portion of people's damage, and if the warrior had a healer with them, it was almost impossible to kill them, regardless of skill. Second wind is more than fine as it is now.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin

30k a second, infinite under 35%.

30k a SECOND. That's 100k in 3.3 seconds. That was so overpowered it wasn't even funny.

01/05/2013 12:53 PMPosted by Sinfalore
If you and up to four other people

I'm talking about 3v3. There isn't 5 people on a team in 3s. Even in large situations, you very rarely target a warrior due to their sheer utility, and survivability.

Even blizzard claimed second wind was WAY overpowered.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Wooo ignoring all the pages of posts cause I am lazy!

Babbling also because I can. I don't think that the pvpers need to be crazy vocal. Honestly what will we be vocal about? Most of the vocalizing has been the type that rubs everyone the wrong way, bragging, being obnoxious, gloating, and boasting about who's better then who and who has the higher rating. Maybe if people did more events and just posted about that as if it was no big deal?

I miss world pvp. Thane and I used to plan wpvp events and have so much fun. I still want to do that, but to be honest I've been overloaded. It takes a lot of time, energy and effort to set up events. I have a raid team on the weekends, a guild to run, a second raid team to help (though dawnblood does an amazing job of running that so I don't have to do much but be around if they are short anyone), rbg teams to run up until we had two people step up and volunteer to take that off my hands. Guild acheivement runs of various types, farming, and leveling my own toons.

I just don't have time to plan out more and have a life outside of wow. I haven't even gotten to arena more then maybe twice this season? And I LOVE arenas with a passion.

Aethun second wind is still a little bit silly. Not horribly op just a tiny bit silly, you should see all the times Suli decides to see how long he can survive against bosses with second wind up and no healers healing him. Makes me laugh every time. The second boss in HoF? The second phase we don't heal him, at all. It's all second wind keeping him alive. But that's pve not pvp, and I've seen warriors die in pvp just fine. Selynth and I did shadow/disc against a warrior/disc and Selynth killed the warrior np. It just took a bit of time for the other disc to go oom before we could nuke him, then kill the warrior.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
All of this sidetalk about World PvP reminds me of my proudest World PvP moment, which was when our guild and Corvidae completed the City Attacker achievement in Stormwind Harbor.

http://youtu.be/CjXwO2uPlXk?t=3m40s

In retrospect, Cataclysm World PvP was kind of bad, so we often had to challenge ourselves to make it interesting. :S

Like the time Ephie fumigated the pig and whistle. :D

http://youtu.be/4554XnxXSEU?t=2m20s

Or when we heard that Archbishop Benedictus was being removed next patch, so we formed up a raid to take him down, only to find out that he has an ability that makes him completely invulnerable!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_MQSB5SY8E

And other fun adventures! :D

Good times (Welcome back Prier!)
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior

Are you high? It needed to be toned down. You had bad warriors being sustained against everything but massive burst cooldowns when they aren't even fully geared.

Leave the discussion of pvp to people who actually pvp.
Edited by Karimysac on 1/5/2013 3:06 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Ouch. :O
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
Having come back to the game rather recently, it's nice to see WorldDefense being a little more active than I remember it being.

As always, Tanria is perma-flagged whenever she's out and about in the world. (given she takes an aggressive stance against the Horde, it only feels right to keep her flagged at all times.) So, consider it an open invitation to you Hordelings to engage in some world PvP shenanigans as I continue to push through Panderia content. (It's nice to have a little bit of drama during the leveling process)

Yes, even to you level 90s that'll probably wreck my face.
Edited by Tanria on 1/5/2013 3:29 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Wooo ignoring all the pages of posts cause I am lazy!

Babbling also because I can. I don't think that the pvpers need to be crazy vocal. Honestly what will we be vocal about? Most of the vocalizing has been the type that rubs everyone the wrong way, bragging, being obnoxious, gloating, and boasting about who's better then who and who has the higher rating. Maybe if people did more events and just posted about that as if it was no big deal?

I miss world pvp. Thane and I used to plan wpvp events and have so much fun. I still want to do that, but to be honest I've been overloaded. It takes a lot of time, energy and effort to set up events. I have a raid team on the weekends, a guild to run, a second raid team to help (though dawnblood does an amazing job of running that so I don't have to do much but be around if they are short anyone), rbg teams to run up until we had two people step up and volunteer to take that off my hands. Guild acheivement runs of various types, farming, and leveling my own toons.

I just don't have time to plan out more and have a life outside of wow. I haven't even gotten to arena more then maybe twice this season? And I LOVE arenas with a passion.

Aethun second wind is still a little bit silly. Not horribly op just a tiny bit silly, you should see all the times Suli decides to see how long he can survive against bosses with second wind up and no healers healing him. Makes me laugh every time. The second boss in HoF? The second phase we don't heal him, at all. It's all second wind keeping him alive. But that's pve not pvp, and I've seen warriors die in pvp just fine. Selynth and I did shadow/disc against a warrior/disc and Selynth killed the warrior np. It just took a bit of time for the other disc to go oom before we could nuke him, then kill the warrior.

Check your mail!
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
I've seen WrA from pretty much the beginning and know full well both the truths in this thread and the fabrications. Where opinion clouds judgement and warps facts for better, worse and worse still. At the end of the day only two facts remain pertinent, in regards to this thread.

1) Any talk of liking PvP or in this case, an over-enthusiastic call to other PvP'ers... will draw out the worst in this community. From hardcore RP'ers with an agenda to the town idiot PvP'ers. It degrades to this toxic thing that the real folks that you want to find don't often want to touch it with a forty-nine and a half foot pole.

2) Enekie is right. The best people, often, are those who just enjoy doing what they do and don't come onto the forums to talk trash about PvP. I've ran with both types of people and it's not like the forum thing isn't without it's use... but at this stage in a servers life, to come on the forums and brag about occupying Goldshire, for example... is not only fruitless but pointless. Enjoy what you do, have fun doing it. If instigating world PvP is your thing and you feel your getting results, !@#$ing all the power to you. Just don't consider it bragging rights because you sound like a tool.

So in closing, if I can offer any sort of advise in finding PvPers on this server? It's do what I did when I came back to the game after my last hiatus. Just... PvP. You hear someone is a PvPer and you like their style? Say hi! Invite them out to a BG and kill some folk. On WrA, take it light. Don't over compensate or overvalue yourself or things like your rating and just work on touching base with people. Most pvp'ers on here (that aren't the guys with something to prove) are pretty damn chill.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
I've seen WrA from pretty much the beginning and know full well both the truths in this thread and the fabrications. Where opinion clouds judgement and warps facts for better, worse and worse still. At the end of the day only two facts remain pertinent, in regards to this thread.

1) Any talk of liking PvP or in this case, an over-enthusiastic call to other PvP'ers... will draw out the worst in this community. From hardcore RP'ers with an agenda to the town idiot PvP'ers. It degrades to this toxic thing that the real folks that you want to find don't often want to touch it with a forty-nine and a half foot pole.

2) Enekie is right. The best people, often, are those who just enjoy doing what they do and don't come onto the forums to talk trash about PvP. I've ran with both types of people and it's not like the forum thing isn't without it's use... but at this stage in a servers life, to come on the forums and brag about occupying Goldshire, for example... is not only fruitless but pointless. Enjoy what you do, have fun doing it. If instigating world PvP is your thing and you feel your getting results, !@#$ing all the power to you. Just don't consider it bragging rights because you sound like a tool.

So in closing, if I can offer any sort of advise in finding PvPers on this server? It's do what I did when I came back to the game after my last hiatus. Just... PvP. You hear someone is a PvPer and you like their style? Say hi! Invite them out to a BG and kill some folk. On WrA, take it light. Don't over compensate or overvalue yourself or things like your rating and just work on touching base with people. Most pvp'ers on here (that aren't the guys with something to prove) are pretty damn chill.

WrA seems to go in cycles. Several years ago we had several topics such as this about PvE related stuff. A bunch of clowns running clown guilds and trying to talk down to people when they were trash themselves.

That was personally more amusing to me, but I'm just a dragonslayer at heart.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest

Check your mail!

I was about to say what mail, then I realized.. oh right. I'm on Shush.

Also VENZI GET YOUR BUTT BACK HERE I MISS YOU MAN.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Hunter

I don't think that the pvpers need to be crazy vocal. Honestly what will we be vocal about? Most of the vocalizing has been the type that rubs everyone the wrong way, bragging, being obnoxious, gloating, and boasting about who's better then who and who has the higher rating.

Way I see it, less time yer yap's flappin', the less people gonna even know yer there. Low profile helps ya get a lot done, mostly 'cuz most folks don't think twice about ya if you don't say much.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
01/05/2013 01:56 PMPosted by Drove

I totally get this and I'm going to use this opportunity to clarify what I meant by 'being vocal.' I wasn't referring to literally being loud, or bragging, or going on and on about your achievements, etc. What I meant was like.. making yourself more well known to others who PvP I guess? Just to let 'em know you're out there. I've been on this server since June or end of May or something, and I didn't know any of the PvPers on this server before making this thread (outside of Bellicoso but that was only because of Trade chat). That said, since making the thread I now know many more names.
Reply Quote
When I was in high school in ages past, I scored a TD and did a bit of showboating. When I returned to the sideline, my coach grabbed me by the facemask and said a few words I've never forgotten.

"When you get in the endzone, act like you've been there before and its a not a surprise to you that you got back there again."

What made it stick was the following Monday at practice, coach made me run the stadium steps all practice long in full pads. I threw up more than a little bit. Next game I scored again. I handed the ball to the ref and jogged off the field.

I take this approach to everything I do, including PvP. If more people did this I think PvP would be more enjoyable for everyone. Also, to paraphrase someone much wiser than me (my grandfather, God rest his soul), "If you are good at something, people will figure it out without you having to tell them. If you have to tell them, you probably aren't as good at it as you think."
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]