Rerolling to a healer

61 Undead Warlock
I have finally decided to reroll to a healer. I have been a feral Druid and lock and I want a new challenge, so healing is what I want to do. Lately all I have been doing is pvping. I do many 3's, 2's for fun and a ton of rated battlegrounds. I will do random battlegrounds for fun also. I want it to take very much skill to master, but be worth it when I finally do. I also love seeing lots of numbers flying around my screen...healing or dpsing. Obviously because I pvp so much, I want to be able to stay alive, or at least have defense cool downs. As for healing, which i will be focusing on, i want to be able to heal myself or a partner through burst scenarios. I want to be very mobile in my specs. i do not want to be OP, but i do want the specs to be viable. I am very competitive, so topping or being near the top of damage or healing is a must. I want to be wanted in groups. I don't just want a class for this patch, I want to be able to log onto this character every day and know ill have fun and not get bored, i want it to be my main for as long as I play wow. Does this sound like any healers?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
arms warrior for dps and resto shaman for healer.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
01/02/2013 08:47 PMPosted by Everflow
I want to be able to log onto this character every day and know ill have fun and not get bored, i want it to be my main for as long as I play wow.

Considering you're switching mains already, I don't know how much of that will hold true :P You say you have a druid already, why not just go resto on your druid? They're very mobile healers and lots of fun. Otherwise I'd say Paladin or Shaman.

All healers can top the charts fairly easily in pvp, but in the end it doesn't really matter.
Edited by Veroicone on 1/2/2013 9:06 PM PST
Reply Quote
61 Undead Warlock
I want it all on one toon, dpsing and healing. Is there a specific healer that fits my description?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
01/02/2013 09:10 PMPosted by Everflow
I want it all on one toon, dpsing and healing. Is there a specific healer that fits my description?

resto druid is your safest bet. pallies and resto shams have derpy dps specs that in the case of a resto sham, aren't pvp viable (enhancement is barely under the bar) or in the case of a paladin, are 2 minute wonders. resto/feral is the only combo that would have a good healer AND dps spec in one package
Reply Quote
61 Undead Warlock
Okay, not even monks? I just wanna know all my options, cause I don't wanna quit him
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Monks are not considered the highest in terms of healing in battlegrounds/pvp in general.

Both resto/feral are doing quite well.
Reply Quote
61 Undead Warlock
Okay, so any suggestions for an absolute permanent healer? Through thick and thin
Reply Quote
61 Undead Warlock
Cause druid hots cant heal through burst
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
01/02/2013 10:27 PMPosted by Everflow
Cause druid hots cant heal through burst

Glyphing regrowth helps that, as does popping a damage reduction cooldown or letting your lifebloom expire. It's not as bad as people say if played well, and as an added bonus, has a high skill cap with powershifting.
Reply Quote
61 Undead Warlock
Okay, so druid for the long run?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]