Top healer class.

90 Pandaren Shaman
After leveling a shaman to 90 and rolling resto, I've been told more and more to re roll as either a hpally or a priest. Are shamans really that bad as healers? If they are what would be a good healing class? Thanks for the info
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
They're not bad, anyone who says otherwise is mistaken.

Ultimately play what YOU want to play and what YOU enjoy. If you want to reroll pally or priest (they are fun!), go for it but if you're enjoying your Shaman play your Shaman.
Edited by Veroicone on 1/2/2013 9:47 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk
Don't listen to them, shaman healers are great. You will be fine, stick with your shaman =)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
There is absolutely nothing wrong with shamans right now, and there hasn't been since MoP launched.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Agreed....if you're enjoying your shaman, then play it. Shamans are in a good place right now.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
disc priests and holy paladins are the strongest healers at the moment. How they haven't been nerfed yet blows my mind.
Regardless, rsham's still have a very strong place in raids because of the power of their CD's, and you need diversity for gear distribution, and rsham's are at the top of the list of throughput healers (anyone that isnt disc or holy pallies), and don't share loot with the above, which puts them as debate-ably the best (non-overpowered) healer to play. I'm gearing mine at the moment, depending on how 5.2 treats my MW.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
01/03/2013 02:53 AMPosted by Astråios
disc priests and holy paladins are the strongest healers at the moment. How they haven't been nerfed yet blows my mind.

Nerf paladins how? Apart from our mastery, I dont see anything that extraordinary about us, and aoe healing drains our mana like mad, and high aoe moments we dont have life saving cooldowns either
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
01/03/2013 07:17 AMPosted by Pinoko

Nerf paladins how? Apart from our mastery, I dont see anything that extraordinary about us, and aoe healing drains our mana like mad, and high aoe moments we dont have life saving cooldowns either

Yeah, what exactly do you think makes us OP in comparison to other classes? We have good throughput (read, not the highest but still good) and great utility, but what exactly makes us OP/needing to be nerfed? With your progression I'm sure you have some specifics...
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
01/03/2013 07:17 AMPosted by Pinoko

Shield mechanics pretty much ensure good h. pallies and disc priests will always be on top of the meters in LFR and (most) normal-mode fights, and yes this matters to a whole lot of people.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Holy paladins have godlike tank healing (single handedly make tank-damage fights a joke)
Very high potential throughput if raid healing (normally assigned to tank healing because you're above average raid healers [my 470 ilvl hpal was doing 80k in 10mans and I'm not even particularly good with him], but you're the best of the best tank healers, by far, so you're normally put there instead)
Very strong CDs (mostly holy avenger, actually, I suppose, but it's ridic)
Tons of utility (hand of protection, purity, sacrifice, shields increasing effective health, divine shield, above tank healing)
Strong mana longevity
Strongest spot heals in the game (eternal flame imba)
Best of all: they'll never be nerfed because the best part about them is their tank healing, which innately looks "lesser" on meters (even though its just as important and able to wipe raids, but it doesn't meter pad, so people don't hate on it.)
Holy Paladins are to tank healing what 5.0 mistweavers were to raid healing. Not only that, but they have the capability to also output very, very strong raid healing (more so in 10m than 25s, they don't scale very well [Eternal Flame is the culprit here])
Thats why I feel that holy paladins are one of the strongest healers, while also the least likely to get nerfed.
Also, I find my holy paladin to be ridiculously fun...but thats not why they're OP in my eyes.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Holy paladins have godlike tank healing (single handedly make tank-damage fights a joke)
Very high potential throughput if raid healing (normally assigned to tank healing because you're above average raid healers [my 470 ilvl hpal was doing 80k in 10mans and I'm not even particularly good with him], but you're the best of the best tank healers, by far, so you're normally put there instead)
Tons of utility (hand of protection, purity, sacrifice, shields increasing effective health, divine shield, above tank healing)
Strong mana longevity
Best of all: they'll never be nerfed because the best part about them is their tank healing, which innately looks "lesser" on meters (even though its just as important and able to wipe raids, but it doesn't meter pad, so people don't hate on it.)
Holy Paladins are to tank healing what 5.0 mistweavers were to raid healing. Not only that, but they have the capability to also output very, very strong raid healing (more so in 10m than 25s, they don't scale very well [Eternal Flame is the culprit here])
Thats why I feel that holy paladins are one of the strongest healers, while also the least likely to get nerfed.
Also, I find my holy paladin to be ridiculously fun...but thats not why they're OP in my eyes.

I wish healers could embrace each others unique qualities and how they help each other in the team instead of compete with each other. Although... I'm guilty of being highly competitive with numbers myself.

When I raid, yes I can do high, single target heals, but its still single target, I cant press one button and put HoTs on multiple targets, and to aoe we need to build up the holy power first, or risk oom from spamming radiance too much.

But as I said, I think our Mastery is the only thing slighty OP, nothing else. My shield helps mitigate the damage the other healers have to deal with too, we all have to work together. Also, I'm useless if theres huge aoe and we need to top everyone up fast, this is when I love our druids tranq or our priest's hymn, because what do I have? A magic damage reduction spell.... yea, Devotion Aura could be way better then it is. Even Guardian of Ancient Kings is weak, I prefered it when it healed 100% extra to the target because its usually the tank I use this spell for. Plus, the haste buff from the kings vanishes after 5 heals, also quite useless because healing is always spontaneous (someone stands in crap, there goes all the heals I could have saved for more haste)

If pally's had to be nerfed, it should only be our mastery. In all fights Illuminated Healing is always my top (since I reforge to it)

I cant really compare to other healing classes since I mainly play a Pally, but I think this sums it up a bit for "OP" pally heals. Our healing is consistant, we dont have huge bursts like tranq or spirit totem or whatever else, therefore I think thats why our numbers can stay high (it still depends on the player too, there are !@#$ pallys out there! heh)
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
01/03/2013 02:53 AMPosted by Astråios

Disc yes, holy no.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
In 10m, holy avenger + holy shock/EF/HR/EF provides ridiculous throughput, and holy prism + that easily can spike as much healing as a tranq etc (prism halfway through to smart heal and keep the few low people alive that you might not have hit). The other CD's are "lackluster" comparing to tranq, sure, but HA can easily compare to it. (And other classes only have one tranq [except Rshams lolol OP CD's for sure.])

I love my paladins (and playing mine) and that I get to do more raid healing and less tank healing when they're around. But that doesn't change the fact that comparing to everyone else, they're SIGNIFICANTLY better, talking well over a "balanced" amount better than others at tank healing. You always need tank healing, so in 25s, a holy paladin is pmuch always guarenteed a spot. If that isn't "Top healer quality" then I don't know what is.

Without HA, healing through FnV or rain of blades feels horrible. With it, it's like tranq. Or HTT, or Ascendance. My alts only get to play in 10m since they're badly geared (470), but I can still draw comparisons on my own healing on a (subpar played) alt in 10ms and comparisons to my 25ms main healers etc.

The thing is, Holy Paladins and Disc priests are in a class of their own, closely followed by resto shammies because of the strength of their CD's. But holy pallies and disc priests are by far the strongest healers while also bringing absorbs, which are the best kind of healing.

Edit: I've already stated why no one looks at holy as overpowered. Because they don't normally raid heal, because they normally have to tank heal because of how much stronger they are at it. But of course, no one cares about that, because it doesn't look good on the meters. It's pretty silly, meters are NOT everything.
Edited by Astråios on 1/3/2013 5:37 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
HPR
Regardless, rsham's still have a very strong place in raids because of the power of their CD's, and you need diversity for gear distribution, and rsham's are at the top of the list of throughput healers (anyone that isnt disc or holy pallies), and don't share loot with the above, which puts them as debate-ably the best (non-overpowered) healer to play. I'm gearing mine at the moment, depending on how 5.2 treats my MW.

i believe u forgot monks before u thought of disc and palys... sure we have absorbs but honestly for healing sake ur ability to move while healing beats ours hands down
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Love my disc priest, may times i switched between holy and disc second spec shadow and even some times both holy and disc. Soon though i came out as my true love being Disc. Shadow still great, Gather things up with mind sear and blow them up with Divine Star :D
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I have 2 90 healing toons, both a Priest (which has been disc for last two Xpacs) and my Shaman. Shaman are still in a great place right now. Disc is a tad bit OP, however 5.2 will be changing the ridiculous mana regen mechanics and nerfing SS to put us back in line.

Either way, play the toon YOU like. I don't play mine based upon which is best each expac. I leveled these two healers because I like the style.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
lol... With so much nerf to monk heals i would want other class to be nerfed as well if i were a monk healer =)
We CAN be strong aoe heal but just means burning ALOT of mana and if not stacked it will make it painfully harder with only REAL AoE healing viable is LOD when grp is not stacked and really gotta work for in times of heavy raid dmg and when spread out... So yeah i agree our mastery is amazing but just for that we getting a nerf wouldnt justify it although they are changing behaviour of mastery so that beaconed target wont get the illumination effect....

Our single target heals has been always good... Wrath being the best example so yeah if u wanted nerf our single target heal then u gotta make it up with improved aoe healing?
Reply Quote
35 Blood Elf Priest

In a 25m environment resto shaman are pretty equal to paladins. Your cooldowns are strong with the way damage works in this tier. Only disc beats them, but they beat everyone. Holy paladins do not need a nerf.

Strong mana longevity

Yea that is why the holy pallies topping the charts use divine purpose to blanket the raid in eternal flames. Seriously you don't really know what you are talking about. Holy avenger is far far from OP. Compare to healing tide, tranq and other cooldowns.
Edited by Linisavia on 1/28/2013 3:52 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Let the 3 week old thread die. Plzkthx.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]