What is the ETA for Stormwind and Orgrimmar?

90 Dwarf Hunter
Dear blizz,

Curiosity bumped me on the head today, and it got me thinking. Both cities have been under construction for over a year now. Bless their little programing codes that would otherwise be their hearts, because they have been hammering away for ever!

- When will Org's defense upgrades be completed?
- When will Stormwind finally be repaired?

I am sure every single pandarian rolling up in those cities are like "what they preparing for?" or "who busted up this town? are we safe coming here?"

Love,
a curious dwarf
Reply Quote
55 Gnome Death Knight
01/03/2013 04:00 PMPosted by Dagum
- When will Org's defense upgrades be completed?

Siege of Orgrimmar raid, I would imagine.

01/03/2013 04:00 PMPosted by Dagum
- When will Stormwind finally be repaired?

What I hope? When Siege of Orgrimmar hits as well (because just imagine the outcry if Orgrimmar gets finished and Stormwind still has that smoldering crater).

What I expect? "Soon"
Reply Quote
41 Gnome Priest
When will the tower in SW cool down?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
It probably takes more development resources than we realize. And personally I'd rather them create new content than fix some towers. Besides Stormwind doesn't really have the best relationship with the local masons.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
With the majority of stone and lumber being sent to the various war fronts for construction and repairs, there's essentially nothing left for the craftsmen to work with. In fact, the laborers seen toiling over the constructions are not actually doing anything. We've told them they can go home, or volunteer for Pandaria duty, but every day they climb up those ladders, and every day slowly hammer at boards and walls to no effect. They take their lunches in solitude, sometimes taking a break to stare at the sun, and at the end of their shift they climb down and go home.

They've repeated this every day for over two years. We're quite worried about them. Top men are currently investigating the possibility of providing them with twigs and small rocks with the belief that some progress may snap them out of it.
Edited by Bashiok on 1/3/2013 4:27 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Bashiok......you look different.....somehow
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Top Men.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
With the majority of stone and lumber being sent to the various war fronts for construction and repairs, there's essentially nothing left for the craftsmen to work with. In fact, the laborers seen toiling over the constructions are not actually doing anything. We've told them they can go home, or volunteer for Pandaria duty, but every day they climb up those ladders, and every day slowly hammer at boards and walls to no effect. They take their lunches in solitude, sometimes taking a break to stare at the sun, and at the end of their shift they climb down and go home.

They've repeated this every day for over two years. We're quite worried about them. Top men are currently investigating the possibility of providing them with twigs and small rocks with the belief that some progress may snap them out of it.

Daily quest to bring them rocks and twigs, then?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
01/03/2013 04:26 PMPosted by Bashiok
With the majority of stone and lumber being sent to the various war fronts for construction and repairs, there's essentially nothing left for the craftsmen to work with.

We could always chop you down for lumber Bashiok.
Reply Quote
54 Blood Elf Priest

I'm all for another server-wide quest. This time, we must collect 1,000,000 pieces of lumber, 1,000,000 rough stones, and 1,000,000 gelatinous oozes to repair.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
01/03/2013 04:30 PMPosted by Vaust
With the majority of stone and lumber being sent to the various war fronts for construction and repairs, there's essentially nothing left for the craftsmen to work with.

>:|
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
Bashiok, I asked Zharym in the Q&A you guys did in the forums a couple weeks ago and he couldn't answer. Why are you and Zharym so awesome?
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
You'll notice no workers are actually anywhere near the crater that was the Park.

Will Neltharion's flames ever cool in the two towers, I wonder?

Plus, the Exodar still appears a ruined mess, even though sources say it is now flyable. *shudder* I wouldn't want to fly in a ship with as much rubble still in it as the the Exodar currently has.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
Forgot the workers, at least they are doing normal stuff. What about the survivors of the wrathgate? They've been running around and screaming for years!
Reply Quote
55 Gnome Death Knight
01/03/2013 04:30 PMPosted by Vaust

Felwood's fel wood shouldn't be felled. Would you fell wood from felwood? I wouldn't tell, but wood that fell from felwood is actually swell, despite what some tell.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
01/03/2013 04:33 PMPosted by Bashiok

>:|
He's just jealous that you have such an awesome green glow.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
01/03/2013 04:26 PMPosted by Bashiok

Woah, hold on a minute. Since when are you a tree?
Edited by Karat on 1/3/2013 4:39 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Thanks to my overactive imagination I'm picturing this in my head.

*A Blizzard meeting is about to happen*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5a41Ya2RT_s

"You too Bashiok"
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Rogue
Bashiok, I asked Zharym in the Q&A you guys did in the forums a couple weeks ago and he couldn't answer. Why are you and Zharym so awesome?

Correction: Bashiok was awesome before he took the form of Drysc once more.
Reply Quote
41 Gnome Priest

Why are the towers still molten hot? Did nature stop working for a while as well?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]