What is the ETA for Stormwind and Orgrimmar?

90 Pandaren Priest
01/03/2013 04:57 PMPosted by Pinoko
With the majority of stone and lumber being sent to the various war fronts for construction and repairs, there's essentially nothing left for the craftsmen to work with.

Thats now but what about all through Cata, thats years!

Furthermore, we have horrible leaders then if they hire such fail carpenters, and dont know how to budget their resources lol
Reply Quote
Community Manager
Just to note, Tweeted Mumper about the city updates last month and it seems likely they are going to be updated soonish.

https://twitter.com/mumper/status/275837056335347712

I'd guess 5.3 considering the artists are probably overly busy with the raid and the new daily area.

Fun ruiner.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
01/03/2013 05:00 PMPosted by Pinoko

Thats now but what about all through Cata, thats years!

Furthermore, we have horrible leaders then if they hire such fail carpenters, and dont know how to budget their resources lol

Since the whole Defias Brotherhood kerfuffle you have to get 20 forms signed, in triplicate, by just about everyone short of the King himself to lift so much as a hammer.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
With the majority of stone and lumber being sent to the various war fronts for construction and repairs, there's essentially nothing left for the craftsmen to work with. In fact, the laborers seen toiling over the constructions are not actually doing anything. We've told them they can go home, or volunteer for Pandaria duty, but every day they climb up those ladders, and every day slowly hammer at boards and walls to no effect. They take their lunches in solitude, sometimes taking a break to stare at the sun, and at the end of their shift they climb down and go home.

They've repeated this every day for over two years. We're quite worried about them. Top men are currently investigating the possibility of providing them with twigs and small rocks with the belief that some progress may snap them out of it.

Bashiok, hope you're still checking this out and might pass it on to the devs.

I've thought it would be interesting if Orgrimmar got damaged during the Siege, and I mean BADLY damaged. As in, equivalent of melting towers, broken statue, entire section (park) blown up badly.

Then in the next expansion, give us some daily quests around professions based on your skill level. Low level miners would involve copper bars while high level ghost iron or the new ore from the new expansion's lands, for instance.

Ore and stones for rebuilding
Leather for tying off wood, making items to carry material, etc
Cloth to bandage the workers who keep hitting their thumbs with hammers
And so on and so forth.

Let the daily quest offer the Darkmoon fair +5 points up til the new expansion crafting level, then offer a token or gold.

Combine this with a massive requirement from the server (or with boosts at set intervals for low population servers) similar to the Anh'Qiraj gates and Isle of Quel'danas so the player contribution slowly rebuilds Orgrimmar and Stormwind.

Perhaps do like the Anh'Qiraj event and have a webpage showing which faction on each server is getting closer to completion first just for bragging rights.

The idea of the players somehow contributing to the repair of the cities rather than just logging in to see them fixed seems appealing to me and I think it might to others as well.

My only concern is that CRZ might make this impossible if the game can't identify your home server a turn in contributes to if you're in a CRZ city.
Edited by Faroth on 1/3/2013 5:16 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
With the majority of stone and lumber being sent to the various war fronts for construction and repairs, there's essentially nothing left for the craftsmen to work with. In fact, the laborers seen toiling over the constructions are not actually doing anything. We've told them they can go home, or volunteer for Pandaria duty, but every day they climb up those ladders, and every day slowly hammer at boards and walls to no effect. They take their lunches in solitude, sometimes taking a break to stare at the sun, and at the end of their shift they climb down and go home.

They've repeated this every day for over two years. We're quite worried about them. Top men are currently investigating the possibility of providing them with twigs and small rocks with the belief that some progress may snap them out of it.

The laborers should have been done over a year ago. What are they, union?
Edited by Jimihexdrik on 1/3/2013 5:19 PM PST
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
100 Troll Priest
I heard there is cheap goblin labor available for hire!
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid

Since the whole Defias Brotherhood kerfuffle you have to get 20 forms signed, in triplicate, by just about everyone short of the King himself to lift so much as a hammer.

You are my favorite CM ever.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Rogue
01/03/2013 05:14 PMPosted by Bashiok
Unless it's for a statue of the king himself, then it's top priority.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
01/03/2013 05:14 PMPosted by Bashiok

So, what you're saying is that the fastest way to get it done is to make Varian do it?
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
01/03/2013 04:28 PMPosted by Dolofane
Top Men.

DAMNIT! BEAT ME TO IT!
Reply Quote

Daily quest to bring them rocks and twigs, then?

AHAHAHAHAHA!

Don't give him stupid ideas.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Would assume that Orgrimmar would have to be updated in the next few patches if there is suppose to be a seige of it.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
01/03/2013 05:34 PMPosted by Belallira
Would assume that Orgrimmar would have to be updated in the next few patches if there is suppose to be a seige of it.

Pfft. Don't you know what phasing/instances are for? We're going to beat him, then go back to Org as it is now.
Reply Quote
55 Night Elf Death Knight
I feel bad for those laborers on top of the Stormwind smoldering towers.

I would like to bring them an icy cold one, but I bet the constant heat and radiation they have been exposed to for the past few years have left them smelling... unpleasant.

So I don't see getting close enough to them to deliver a drink.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
Just to note, Tweeted Mumper about the city updates last month and it seems likely they are going to be updated soonish.

https://twitter.com/mumper/status/275837056335347712

I'd guess 5.3 considering the artists are probably overly busy with the raid and the new daily area.

Fun ruiner.

You can still have fun! Obviously the Parks crater will be redesigned to have a giant decaying tree growing out of it with a worgen in front called Drysc!
Edited by Lupira on 1/3/2013 6:15 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I think the goblins are ripping us off again. Any day now, Garrosh is going to notice the crane that just swings back and forth all day without doing a thing, and absolutely blow his stack.
Reply Quote
26 Worgen Rogue
I know we are trying to have some fun in this thread, but if I could try my hand at wet blanketing...

- There's no war front to stage a war from if you lose your castle.
- Completely takes you out of the environment to think Garrosh is waging this all out war on the alliance cities, while doing nothing to fortify his own.
- Seeing brokenness and construction work for years on end with no progress takes you out of the environment.

Not trying to criticize too harshly because I know the comments are tongue-in-cheek and meant to be light and fun...but the correct answer to the original question in this thread should be simply, "very soon", or at least "[funny quip]...but in all seriousness, soon"
Reply Quote
60 Night Elf Druid
Stormwind Harbor has been under construction since Wrath of the Lich King. Check on the north end, the wall just sort of ends and there's a pile of boards and bricks waiting to be set in place. Then they managed to pull a statue of Danath out of the river (how do you even do that?) but have failed to pull it up a hill. Dwarves have been hammering away at the spires of the Valley of Heroes but have failed to cool them to temperature one can touch with one's hands. Somebody still needs to hop on a gryphon and scrub down the edges of the Stockade and some other buildings. And don't even get me started on the Park. All they need to do is maybe put a Wisp on the next boat from Darnassus, hand it some gold and lumber and within a few days there ought to at least be a replacement Moon Well.

If my city isn't fixed by next expansion I'm canceling my subscription.

Okay, not really, but I'll punch a wall really hard and it will hurt, and you'll feel bad for making my hand hurt.
Reply Quote
41 Blood Elf Mage
How about Silvermoon city? There's still an ugly hole through it.
Edited by Anjoh on 1/3/2013 8:02 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
You realize both sides are using the oppressed peasants from Monty Python and the Holy Grail, right? They're waiting for a vote to actually finish the projects.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]