What is the ETA for Stormwind and Orgrimmar?

90 Orc Hunter
01/03/2013 05:14 PMPosted by Bashiok
Since the whole Defias Brotherhood kerfuffle you have to get 20 forms signed, in triplicate, by just about everyone short of the King himself to lift so much as a hammer.

That's it? We have to do more than that just to get a battle rez from a death knight nowadays...
Reply Quote
100 Troll Mage
With the majority of stone and lumber being sent to the various war fronts for construction and repairs, there's essentially nothing left for the craftsmen to work with. In fact, the laborers seen toiling over the constructions are not actually doing anything. We've told them they can go home, or volunteer for Pandaria duty, but every day they climb up those ladders, and every day slowly hammer at boards and walls to no effect. They take their lunches in solitude, sometimes taking a break to stare at the sun, and at the end of their shift they climb down and go home.

They've repeated this every day for over two years. We're quite worried about them. Top men are currently investigating the possibility of providing them with twigs and small rocks with the belief that some progress may snap them out of it.

Bashiok, hope you're still checking this out and might pass it on to the devs.

I've thought it would be interesting if Orgrimmar got damaged during the Siege, and I mean BADLY damaged. As in, equivalent of melting towers, broken statue, entire section (park) blown up badly.

Then in the next expansion, give us some daily quests around professions based on your skill level. Low level miners would involve copper bars while high level ghost iron or the new ore from the new expansion's lands, for instance.

Ore and stones for rebuilding
Leather for tying off wood, making items to carry material, etc
Cloth to bandage the workers who keep hitting their thumbs with hammers
And so on and so forth.

Let the daily quest offer the Darkmoon fair +5 points up til the new expansion crafting level, then offer a token or gold.

Combine this with a massive requirement from the server (or with boosts at set intervals for low population servers) similar to the Anh'Qiraj gates and Isle of Quel'danas so the player contribution slowly rebuilds Orgrimmar and Stormwind.

Perhaps do like the Anh'Qiraj event and have a webpage showing which faction on each server is getting closer to completion first just for bragging rights.

The idea of the players somehow contributing to the repair of the cities rather than just logging in to see them fixed seems appealing to me and I think it might to others as well.

My only concern is that CRZ might make this impossible if the game can't identify your home server a turn in contributes to if you're in a CRZ city.

(Sorry for huge quote but I didn't want to break the link-back to your post. Edit: Grr. The website keeps eating the post number. So much for not breaking the link-back.) Do want! I had a lot of fun helping to build the Argent Tournament grounds.

01/03/2013 08:00 PMPosted by Anjoh
How about Silvermoon city? There's still an ugly hole through it.

o_O! Indeed! In fact, here is my suggestion - make that hole in the ceiling of Undercity that never made it to live and reuse the materials to fill in the hole in Silvermoon. ;)

But seriously, it would be very neat to see the Blood Elves also rebuilding their home after so long. I guarantee that, for 6-ish months thereafter, I would pay no mind to the fact that I still. cannot. FLY. over. it.
Edited by Aliok on 1/3/2013 8:37 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
01/03/2013 04:26 PMPosted by Bashiok
In fact, the laborers seen toiling over the constructions are not actually doing anything.

Oh, so they're a normal construction crew then?
Reply Quote
100 Orc Hunter
With the majority of stone and lumber being sent to the various war fronts for construction and repairs, there's essentially nothing left for the craftsmen to work with. In fact, the laborers seen toiling over the constructions are not actually doing anything. We've told them they can go home, or volunteer for Pandaria duty, but every day they climb up those ladders, and every day slowly hammer at boards and walls to no effect. They take their lunches in solitude, sometimes taking a break to stare at the sun, and at the end of their shift they climb down and go home.

They've repeated this every day for over two years. We're quite worried about them. Top men are currently investigating the possibility of providing them with twigs and small rocks with the belief that some progress may snap them out of it.

Why are the towers still molten hot? Did nature stop working for a while as well?

The towers are hot for the same reason that Ice Cold Milk remains cold even though you find it in the scorchingly hot Barrens and can carry it in your pack under a hot sun for months.
Reply Quote
66 Undead Mage
They will never get fixed until they need to be. As someone mentioned before Lakeshire bridge was in repair from Beta and was finally finished in Cata. The same with the Inn in Westfall that had a huge gaping hole in the roof. Amzaingly enough at the same time, they contructed an entire wall around Sentinel Hill and built a tower at the Three Corners. Those workers should be the ones hired, they did one hell of a job overnight between Wrath and Cata.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
I'm late to the party but Bashiok I have this to say.

Can you donate your wood to Orgrimmar? So the Orcs aren't so invasive? Pretty please????
Reply Quote
"Soon"
Edited by Sarinda on 1/3/2013 8:57 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
I'm late to the party but Bashiok I have this to say.

Can you donate your wood to Orgrimmar? So the Orcs aren't so invasive? Pretty please????

What, you actually believed us when we said we were in Ashenvale for lumber, and not just to mess with the NElfs?
Edited by Karat on 1/3/2013 9:11 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Stormwind Harbor has been under construction since Wrath of the Lich King. Check on the north end, the wall just sort of ends and there's a pile of boards and bricks waiting to be set in place. Then they managed to pull a statue of Danath out of the river (how do you even do that?) but have failed to pull it up a hill.

Let's note that the harbor was BUILT in just a few patches. When did the construction workers get placed outside the wall between the Park and Cathedral, 2.2? 2.3? Then Wrath's pre-patch hits and wam bam zam, there's a whole new district.

Also, they went about pulling the submerged Danath statue all wrong. Why on earth would they drag it up an inclined ramp... when they could have used the cranes they used to build the harbor, place the crane on the bridge, have divers go down there and secure lots of ropes around the statue, and crank it up or something.

01/03/2013 08:00 PMPosted by Anjoh
How about Silvermoon city? There's still an ugly hole through it.

That's not a hole that's actually a passage, remember the Scourge ripped right through the city straight to the Sunwell. Also, that's not the big deal, the big deal is 2/4 of the city is still in ruins. The whole western half of Silvermoon is abandoned and overrun with Wretched and haywire Arcane Guardians.

01/03/2013 07:58 PMPosted by Lorinall
If my city isn't fixed by next expansion I'm canceling my subscription.

It's certainly my #1 pet peeve
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
although i prefer Blizz work on newer content, Deathwings molten footprints being in SW, and the park still smoldering hot for 2 years now is a ridiculous. and SW Canal is still being drained into the ocean by the parks' destruction.

where the hell is all this water coming from lol
Edited by Neavè on 1/3/2013 10:33 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest

Just to note, Tweeted Mumper about the city updates last month and it seems likely they are going to be updated soonish.

https://twitter.com/mumper/status/275837056335347712

I'd guess 5.3 considering the artists are probably overly busy with the raid and the new daily area.

Gotta love a blue trying to be a smartass and then a normal poster doing his job for him.

+1
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
What, you actually believed us when we said we were in Ashenvale for lumber, and not just to mess with the NElfs?

WHAT!?!?!?!?

/enrage
Gotta love a blue trying to be a smartass and then a normal poster doing his job for him.

+1

He wasn't being a smartass, he was playing around.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
01/03/2013 10:37 PMPosted by Valius

He was making a useless remark in a serious thread, thus deepening the widely held belief that CMs don't really care all that much about having honest, open communication with the player base.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
01/03/2013 08:29 PMPosted by Cmoney
That's it? We have to do more than that just to get a battle rez from a death knight nowadays...

Sorry bruh.

Too busy being dead while being undead.

In fact, I myself am too busy being a dead undead werewolf.

It's a juicy contradiction!
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
01/03/2013 10:47 PMPosted by Lmcm

He was making a useless remark in a serious thread, thus deepening the widely held belief that CMs don't really care all that much about having honest, open communication with the player base.

What exactly do you mean by "widely"? I enjoyed that post and am glad that he acknowleged the thread at all. Quit taking yourself so seriously.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
01/03/2013 10:55 PMPosted by Punchee

What exactly do you mean by "widely"? I enjoyed that post and am glad that he acknowleged the thread at all. Quit taking yourself so seriously.

I mean that if you read people remarks in threads where blues have posted, you'll see a lot of people saying exactly that.

And I don't see what this has to do with me. If, by "quit taking yourself so seriously," you mean "quit taking Blizzard community managers' contact with players so seriously," I'm sorry. I can't do that. I believe that they should do their job, which does not include mocking players asking serious questions about game development.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
I have a better idea. Let's drop another magic nuke on SW like we did to Theramoore and whatever survives the blast is sent to Ogri to help finish construction. Humans are wiped out, Ogri is finished....its a win-win
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
01/03/2013 10:47 PMPosted by Lmcm

A serious thread?

Where are YOU posting? I wouldn't care about you people either if you can't take a bit of harmless fun. Jesus.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
01/03/2013 11:14 PMPosted by Rosenivy

A serious thread?

Where are YOU posting? I wouldn't care about you people either if you can't take a bit of harmless fun. Jesus.

ALL INTERNET BUSINESS IS SRS! BARLH!!!!!!!! PANDA RAGE!!!!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
01/03/2013 11:08 PMPosted by Lmcm
And I don't see what this has to do with me. If, by "quit taking yourself so seriously," you mean "quit taking Blizzard community managers' contact with players so seriously," I'm sorry. I can't do that. I believe that they should do their job, which does not include mocking players asking serious questions about game development.

No fun allowed. Nope. Can't be human. No soul. No by all means continue to see players bash your product for luls. Oh no you can't do anything about it. Yes. Hate your job.

See how it works if they do that?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]