What is the ETA for Stormwind and Orgrimmar?

90 Blood Elf Death Knight
01/03/2013 08:42 PMPosted by Dreiaorgana
In fact, the laborers seen toiling over the constructions are not actually doing anything.

Oh, so they're a normal construction crew then?

As someone who works in construction I'd take offense at that if it wasn't for a gem my dad, who got me into construction, fired off one day at work. He came out of his office trailer to see a line of laborers leaning on shovels, talking to each other rather than working. "Hey guys, got some bad news for you!" he yelled. "The Chinese are about to put you all out of work. They've invented a shovel that stands by itself!"

At a guess, I'd say Org and SW are being built by construction crews that no one is supervising, because that'd be the result. Years of busy work, nothing getting done.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Only a year to rebuild most of SW?

The Lakeshire bridge would like a word with you.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Deathwings blood could curse the land for a thousand years, nothing could grow.

Deathwing could control all of the earth. Stone is earth.

His power is so great, that even after his death his chin flows with lava and power.

Also, to abate some of this, it was said that the workers also have to worry about foundational issues as the towers literally sank into the ground and caused muhc more dmg than we can see.

So, IF the molten marks ever cool, theres ALOT of work to do. Construction under water is hard too.
Reply Quote
10 Tauren Warrior
Also, to abate some of this, it was said that the workers also have to worry about foundational issues as the towers literally sank into the ground and caused muhc more dmg than we can see.

So, IF the molten marks ever cool, theres ALOT of work to do. Construction under water is hard too.

I still say they should give some mage a sack full of gold to fix it all.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
The area devastated by Hurricane Sandy will be rebuilt before Blizz does anything with Stormwind. It took them 6 years to fix Redridge Bridge.

As for Org I just wonder how they would fix the land upheaval in that city.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Would be fun if Org was finally "done" and then we would fight Garrosh there.

And then guess what? Whole city destroyed again!
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
With the majority of stone and lumber being sent to the various war fronts for construction and repairs, there's essentially nothing left for the craftsmen to work with. In fact, the laborers seen toiling over the constructions are not actually doing anything. We've told them they can go home, or volunteer for Pandaria duty, but every day they climb up those ladders, and every day slowly hammer at boards and walls to no effect. They take their lunches in solitude, sometimes taking a break to stare at the sun, and at the end of their shift they climb down and go home.

They've repeated this every day for over two years. We're quite worried about them. Top men are currently investigating the possibility of providing them with twigs and small rocks with the belief that some progress may snap them out of it.

Cut down the ladders. Seems like the obvious solution :P
Edited by Mælstromedes on 1/4/2013 1:22 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
nothing will ever get "done" just like everything that blizz starts! Proof, PVP, add more broken crud before the current stuff is balanced, fixed etc!
Edited by Deadbobb on 1/4/2013 1:27 AM PST
Reply Quote
Oh Bashiok :D
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Soon™
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman

Furthermore, we have horrible leaders then if they hire such fail carpenters, and dont know how to budget their resources lol

Since the whole Defias Brotherhood kerfuffle you have to get 20 forms signed, in triplicate, by just about everyone short of the King himself to lift so much as a hammer.

I do love that the riot that killed the queen, a huge resistance movement, leading to Alliance cities being burned down has been downgraded to "kerfuffle".
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Top men are currently investigating the possibility of providing them with twigs and small rocks with the belief that some progress may snap them out of it.

You broke them, they deserve more than mere trinkets.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Wait wait wait. Orgrimmar and Stormwind are getting updates, but the lone carpenter in Silvermoon has still made no progress after HOW many years? Considering that city is filled with magic, I find it hard to believe they haven't at least been able to fix SOMETHING.

That poor guy, his wife and kids must miss him. If they survived the march on Quel'thelas.

Please someone tell me that we can see something with Silvermoon being rebuilt.
Reply Quote
60 Night Elf Druid
Silvermoon's case is different since there's magical blight running straight through it. But you'd think with the Lich King dead and the Sunwell restored they'd be able to do something by now.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Thank the lord Bash isnt connected to that pile called D3 anymore.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
01/03/2013 04:33 PMPosted by Bashiok

We could always chop you down for lumber Bashiok.

>:|

man you just really kinda screwed the daily blink over...
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
I know we are trying to have some fun in this thread, but if I could try my hand at wet blanketing...

- There's no war front to stage a war from if you lose your castle.
- Completely takes you out of the environment to think Garrosh is waging this all out war on the alliance cities, while doing nothing to fortify his own.
- Seeing brokenness and construction work for years on end with no progress takes you out of the environment.

Not trying to criticize too harshly because I know the comments are tongue-in-cheek and meant to be light and fun...but the correct answer to the original question in this thread should be simply, "very soon", or at least "[funny quip]...but in all seriousness, soon"

You did a great job in being a wet blanket :(
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
Well, considering how long it took them to finish the bridge in Redridge...
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
I have a sneaking suspicion that further down the track...we will be asked to contribute our time and labour on these repair jobs...voluntarily of course
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]