Item Upgrades

90 Human Rogue
So I upgraded my dagger, and it said it'd upgrade the ilvl, but I didn't notice a change. Is this a bug, or working as intended?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
Working as intended, the same thing happened to me. Sometimes you need to upgrade more than one piece before your ilvl goes up.
Reply Quote
53 Draenei Priest
I believe both your weapons are upgradable, so it should've worked.

In game, you should see 1/2 aswell as a new ilevel value (assuming it was valour you spent).

The armoury at this stage will not display weapon upgrades.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
It upgrades the ilvl of the Individual piece. You need to upgrade more to see an Average ilvl change.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Sorry, I think I miss explained, It shows I've upgraded the weapon 1/1 but the Item level for the dagger is still 463 instead of 471. : /
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
12/16/2012 06:12 AMPosted by Vorix
Sorry, I think I miss explained, It shows I've upgraded the weapon 1/1 but the Item level for the dagger is still 463 instead of 471. : /

Are you looking at the forum armory or in game? The forum armory has not been changed yet to show item upgrades unlike in game.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Ingame
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Same thing happened to me on my neck, in game it still shows 463 but it charged me the 1500 jp. I doubt this is working as intended and if it is then it needs to be explained why it's like this by a blue post.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
12/16/2012 06:32 AMPosted by Sophoclese
Same thing happened to me on my neck, in game it still shows 463 but it charged me the 1500 jp. I doubt this is working as intended and if it is then it needs to be explained why it's like this by a blue post.

THIS
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
I'd just go after a new item and save upgrades for later. At least, with the new item, you know
what you got ...
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
12/16/2012 06:40 AMPosted by Vorix

THIS

Compare the item you have equipped, that you have upgraded, to a stock version from something like atlasloot or the ingame loot browser.

What you should notice is that both items have the same ilvl but the one you have equipped has better stats. Basically upgrades are working BUT, for whatever reason, the actual ilvl isn't changing.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
Items that have been upgraded do count and contribute towards increasing your character's overall average item level. However, keep in mind that with 15-16 item slots; increasing a single item's level by +4/8 may not be sufficient to make an immediate impact.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage
12/16/2012 05:57 AMPosted by Vorix
So I upgraded my dagger, and it said it'd upgrade the ilvl, but I didn't notice a change. Is this a bug, or working as intended?

If you look at your dagger, it's clearly been upgraded.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
In the armory at least the upgraded ilevel does not show up on the overall profile page but if you mouse over the item the popup does show the increase ilevel correctly.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
the upgrades show in the armory now go check
Reply Quote
18 Gnome Warlock
12/16/2012 05:57 AMPosted by Vorix

You have 16 slots, not sure how ilvl handles main and off hands vs. 2h, but you would need 15-16 points to move you ilvl. Now, if you are near the cusp of it changing 4-8 may do it but in most cases you would need 2 JP upgrades or 4 VP upgrades to guarantee an increase.

edit: I really need to finish threads before posting. Blue beat me to it.
Edited by Tuberz on 12/18/2012 3:50 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Undead Mage
12/18/2012 03:06 PMPosted by Rygarius
Items that have been upgraded do count and contribute towards increasing your character's overall average item level. However, keep in mind that with 15-16 item slots; increasing a single item's level by +4/8 may not be sufficient to make an immediate impact.

+1 for not reading the whole thread :)
Reply Quote
12/18/2012 03:52 PMPosted by Ryeann

+1 for not reading the whole thread :)

heh, caught him nappin'
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]