PVP disc heals need buff

90 Undead Priest
this recent nerf to disc heals really hurt us bad this is after running test with grace and without grace. as well as discussion on things we need. after running to 18000 with fmp we ran into troubles a lot with these things, and actually found my balance druid outhealing me by over 300-500k. if specced into the heal which we found was basically a priority.
with:
flash heals (54k) (110k crit)
renews (7k) (13k crit)
PW:S (54k)
divine star (27k) (54k crit)
penance (17k) (39k crit)

without:
flash heals (38k) (77k crits)
renews (5.9k) (9.7k crit)
PW:S (54k)
divine star (17k) (24k crit)
Penance (13k) (24k crit)

keep in mind of this these classes have a spammable dispel making grace hard to keep up and shields (of all types) instantly dispelled
DK
Shammy (x2 with talent) (all specs)
Mage
Priest (shadow,holy,disc)
warriors (shields shatter, no clue what its called)

priest need more dispel protection or something to make our shields work as lifebloom. where as if they are dispelled or run out of time they heal for a partial credit of the amount dispelled or run out. or it might even be time to make the spell undispellable. in previous expansions it wouldnt have worked but as of now offensive dispels are out of hand and it gets a little crazy.
Edited by Athiéus on 12/16/2012 10:30 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
BEFORE people start coming in saying this is irrelevant for pve disc, they are valid concerns for a pvp disc priest. Also, dude, i'm on my pally in game right now. there is no offensive dispel for holy. The only thing that's close is the ability to put a debuff that doesn't allow an enemy to crit.

They CAN defensively dispel. Just not offensively.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I'll be looking to see how long it takes some knee-jerk nimrod to do just that, Keiri.

Riôt
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
12/16/2012 10:12 AMPosted by Riôt
knee-jerk nimrod

The knee-jerk nimrods sounds like a great guild/band name.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
It always makes me happy when the Euro Forums also talk about the same things....
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/5966448828
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I'm surprised no one has posted anything on this thread. It hasn't had enough responses to be derailed yet.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
its because most priest are shadow and have nothing to complain about because they havnt given shots at the disc class. when theres a spec op as shadow its hard to roll into the worst healer for pvp in the game. therefore many priest dont know whats going on which is why you see little feedback about the disc spec.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I tried disc once this season. Got roflstomped by a team in pve gear after 8 losses. after that i went shadow and loving it ever since (not playing seriously, mainly just for points)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
12/16/2012 06:17 PMPosted by Athiéus
its because most priest are shadow and have nothing to complain about because they havnt given shots at the disc class. when theres a spec op as shadow its hard to roll into the worst healer for pvp in the game. therefore many priest dont know whats going on which is why you see little feedback about the disc spec.

It's true. After 20 Bgs as Disc, and even running a number on the Temple which is the best Disc board... I gave up. I want to give Blizzard more real numbers on Disc performance, but in BGs, I just don't feel confident that a solution is easy to obtain. I would hate to have their job to try to improve PvP without killing PvE, but Disc seems to be so tied to both.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
12/16/2012 11:42 PMPosted by Feythylan

It's true. After 20 Bgs as Disc, and even running a number on the Temple which is the best Disc board... I gave up. I want to give Blizzard more real numbers on Disc performance, but in BGs, I just don't feel confident that a solution is easy to obtain. I would hate to have their job to try to improve PvP without killing PvE, but Disc seems to be so tied to both.

Personally, i think the answer lies in things that DONT affect pve healing, like dispel protections, pvp power scaling, player damage only effects (if a player pops a shield, you gain x amount of health, with an ICD, etc)

Hell, even having our atonement healing somehow still cause the full heal that it would give without increasing it's dps (like how when a crit heal is absorbed by that one dk ability still gives the full divine aegis) would help out a little by giving us an instant heal in holy fire.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Honestly the pvp power addition to the game is stupid. pvp power works as a reduction to resilience so why offer the same amount of resilience as there is to pvp power on gear. I honestly dont see how they are going to fix the disc priest class and have been rerolling shammy in case things dont go swell in the next patch.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]