25 Man alt run =D

100 Human Priest
So I'm making this thread to gauge interest in starting up a 25 man alt run. I want to lean towards inviting people who have experience on the content, so essentially anyone who's main has at least stepped foot in MSV/HoF. You don't need to have cleared it all, but 5/6 MSV and 3/6 HoF would be a nice start. I have a few days/times in mind and am really waiting to talk with interested parties before setting any specific time. The possible days are Saturday either before 5 or after 7 server, Sunday before 5 server or Wednesday after 7 server. I know many people's guilds raid Wednesday so that one is probably out of the question, but it is a day I have open.

As for loot, I haven't settled on any specific system. I am open to EPGP or loot council, although I shudder at the thought of the drama loot council can cause. I just want to have some fun and kill some dargons, and find a way to allow certain baddies name Taellas play Mage w/out crying because I am also playing Mage <_<

This will be a weekly run, so it will cater to people who make it consistently over a first timer. That doesn't mean you won't get to raid, I am good about switching raiders in and out for every fight based on loot needs. I will be hosting it on Parallax's mumble server and again, this is open to everyone. Whether you raid on a different server, or you have a Horde main but Alliance alts, it doesn't matter, everyone who meets the criteria is welcome.

If you are interested you can reach me about it in game, or post here and I will get back with you.

~ Psy
Reply Quote
95 Human Warrior
If you're open to suggestion: Gold DKP

Hear me out on this: http://www.guildox.com/go/g.asp?a=4&r=Dalaran-US&w=

In the grand scheme of things, compare and contrast the top 15 or so guilds to the overall progress. There really aren't THAT many guilds better than 4-5 bosses and I was actually surprised at the number of guilds that are 8 bosses into the expac this far along.

This is the farthest behind I've personally been in content and surprisingly...it doesn't even bother me. Now on one hand, if you've never played with me and only had my gear and "progress" to judge whether to take me you'd probably pass on me joining (one could argue that if you HAVE played with me you'd run in the opposite direction.../digress). Now, I don't think I'm one of the greatest raiders to ever play wow, but at the same time I like to point to my Herald of the Titans achievement and the date I earned it.

My point? I can read strats and I have tabbed out to watch a video or two in my time. If some random night there was a regular group that had a spot for me to come hang out with them, I have a chunk of gold (no thanks to Iodine and glyph pricing) and I'd have a couple pieces of of food and a flask or two. I'll bet you could find 10-15 people of that same demographic: history of successful raiding, is marginally progressed in current content, sitting on a decent stash of gold, is capable of reading strats/watching videos, has no interest in leaving his/her existing guild but wouldn't mind hanging out on a particular day and if a particular trinket or weapon dropped would plop down a decent bid.

I was talking about this the other day that I think a Gold DKP run would actually be more successful in today's wow than ever before. If you got even 1 alt from each of the "top 15" guilds and then filled with 10 players with some coin to their names, you could have a successful run that would probably have a waiting list of 10-15 people to get in and in 2-3 weeks of good leadership it would probably be as progressed as any of the top 15 guilds.

Like all things in WOW though, it would take the right person to lead it. Said leader would have to be willing to get up to speed on the GDKP addons that were very popular in the ICC era. Come up with the appropriate gold range for items--you want to make it enough incentive to get the "elite" player to show up and tolerate people who are only 4-8 bosses into the content but still in a range that you don't turn away a quality player that maybe not the richest player. The best GDKP runs I particiapated in the past the leader made weekly posts and actually recorded EVERY drop and the final price. Then broke it down what each participant took home at the end of the night.

This actually went a little longer than i initially intended, but I have had extremely good experiences with GDKP on other servers.

TLDR: Try Gold DKP.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
Iodine and glyph pricing

Haters gonna hate.

I would do this.
I would also Life Grip Cana into: Flanking Orders, dissappearing Elegon floors, Cobalt traps, and anything else that would amuse me. I would accept 500g per LOL-death. Actually !@#$ that I'd do it for free.
Reply Quote
95 Human Warrior
12/20/2012 07:31 AMPosted by Surgical
Iodine and glyph pricing

Haters gonna hate.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Callback_(comedy)

I would do this.
I would also Life Grip Cana into: Flanking Orders, dissappearing Elegon floors, Cobalt traps, and anything else that would amuse me. I would accept 500g per LOL-death. Actually !@#$ that I'd do it for free.

I already try to march in step with Flanking Orders, Try to walk the line in the Elegeon floor, and I treat the Cobalt traps like Flag poles in freezing temperatures with my tongue.

<3
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Damn you, Ally! Havin all the fun and stuff!
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
Gold DKP might be something I'd consider later on down the road, once the run is capable of clearing all content and the majority of people that make every week no longer need gear. It's just not something we'll be able to do from day 1 seeing as how I'm still lvl 88 myself and most people's alts are just hitting raid ready. At first I'd just like it to be something we can log on and spend a few hours doing for fun.
Edited by Psyadia on 12/20/2012 11:34 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
"baddies named Taellas", >.> Priests named Psyadia that need to heal more plox.
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
So a bit of an update on the alt run:

First scheduled raid will be Saturday the 12th of January. I haven't decided 100% on the loot system, if I can get my EPGP addon to work the way I want it to, we'll probably go with that. We will have Terrace unlocked for the run, so if we do well in MSV we can do some HoF and Terrace after. The raid will run from 12pm to 4pm server. Hit me up in game if you wanna kill some dargons with us!
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
I'd be interested to do this, on my priest, Desamorix. I'm obviously not uber geared on her, but I have some experience in all the encounters so far.
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
12/27/2012 02:19 AMPosted by Desireé
I'd be interested to do this, on my priest, Desamorix. I'm obviously not uber geared on her, but I have some experience in all the encounters so far.

Awesome, I will definitely be happy to see you there. I'm really hoping we can fill with experienced players (regardless of gear) to make moving through the content much quicker/easier considering it's only a 4 hour raid weekly lol. I'll be sending out calendar invites by the end of next week so we can get an idea of who all we have on board.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Iodine and glyph pricing

Haters gonna hate.

I would do this.

I wanna raid with Surgical again </3
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
Bringing my Alt(yera).
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Shaman
If I am on, I'd love to be a fill in on that thing I call a warlock...
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
I should finish leveling my shaman for this!
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Druid
Seems like am missing all the fun...huh !
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
Ran today for a few hours, went 6/6 MSV but didn't have enough to do 25, After having people switch specs/alts around we filled out a 10 and knocked it out. We would have done some HoF but we literally had people playing their alt's offspec, and that's just bad juju. Hopefully next week we will have a bigger turnout and be able to knock out HoF as well, I feel confident about it. I will send out invites on the calendar again. One thing that will change is we'll move it to 1pm server, as it appears 12pm server is too early for some people <_<
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Totally thought my calendar said 3pm server time (Which is noon for me).... Sorry I missed it >.<
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]