Question about dual wield

100 Pandaren Monk
You think we will ever see a dual wielding healing class?I thought monks could have been like that since they stay in melee range for a lot of fights.Or would that be OP?
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
Shaman were a dual wielding healer for a while, then they nerf'd it so no caster weapon can be an offhand thus forever ending dual wield healing. Blizzard hates fun.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
Just adding more to the loot table for such a specific class

Shaman were a dual wielding healer for a while, then they nerf'd it so no caster weapon can be an offhand thus forever ending dual wield healing. Blizzard hates fun.

Guess again! Malevolent Gladiator's Gavel
Edited by Choop on 12/24/2012 11:26 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
The issue is then they'd have to put spellpower on offhands as well. And probably nerf the spellpower on each weapon.

OR they'd have to make specific weapons specifically for that class that can't be used by another healer.

OR they'd have to make said dual wield healer scale incredibly badly with spellpower to counteract the fact that they double dip.

OR they'd have to just make spellpower on a weapon unique. (as in only get the bonus from the main hand)

Pretty much every way you go about it it's a lot of work for minimal benefit.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman

holy !@#$! time to see if enhance can abuse double spellpower weapons for insane healing/spell damage again! :P
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
How do you balance 7-8k extra spell power?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
12/24/2012 03:13 PMPosted by Tynave

holy !@#$! time to see if enhance can abuse double spellpower weapons for insane healing/spell damage again! :P

They can't. Blizz hotfixed it last expac so they can't gain spellpower from sources outside attack power.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Priest
They could balance any class around using 2 caster weapons, but then I'm sure you'd hate having to get them. :P
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
12/24/2012 06:04 PMPosted by Keirisonis
They can't. Blizz hotfixed it last expac so they can't gain spellpower from sources outside attack power.

well, then i stick to my original statement, blizzard hates fun :( also, i should keep up with my offspecs patch notes.
Reply Quote
12/24/2012 12:46 PMPosted by Keirisonis
OR they'd have to make specific weapons specifically for that class that can't be used by another healer.

Gear specifically for one spec of one class? thats insane!!!

oh wait... holy pally
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
12/27/2012 10:30 PMPosted by Kimjongill

Gear specifically for one spec of one class? thats insane!!!

oh wait... holy pally

remember in wotlk when you saw unholy dks going for pally holy pally gear because they needed more spellpower to increase there dots..good times..good times
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
Not OP but for sure an edge with double jade spirit but same wep stats.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]