Shadow Priest ignored again in 5.2!

90 Human Priest
I'm ilvl 490, yet I still get beat by other classes in single target dps. I'm hit and haste capped with crit ~12% and mastery ~ 18%. I was REALLY hoping spriest single target dps was going to be addressed finally. For those that were wondering, yes I know how to play my class. In a multi-target fight, I can stand toe-to-toe with any dps class, but for single target, whether its a movement fight or stand still type fight, I always end up last or second to last even with flask, food, and popping trinkets and pots. I aren't they at least addressing SOMETHING regarding shadow priest dps.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
There is already like a 7 page thread about this
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
The PTR isn't even out yet. You people are ridiculous.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
I feel your pain Alyxz. My main spec is disc, but I play shadow for fights that are two healed and feel that even though my dps spec is fairly geared (491) I don't compete with other classes in single target dps. In fights with adds or multiple targets, We get procs for days which gives us some pretty good deeps. I'm sad that Blizz isn't really giving shadow much love and that we also have no 'real cooldowns', other than trinkets.

My suggestion to you is this, I see that your build is proc based "FDCL" & "Divine Insight" (which are wonderful for multiple targets because you get more blast and spike procs); you should try more 'single target' talents like mindbender and possibly switching out divine insight for another talent is the fight mechanics fit.

Hope this helps, but yea I would love to see an actual dps cooldown in 5.2 or a buff to flay so our ST dps can be more competitive.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
12/29/2012 09:53 AMPosted by Nixxe
The PTR isn't even out yet. You people are ridiculous.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
The PTR may not be out true. But by the suggested changes, they aren't even looking into shadow priests. That's my issue.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
12/29/2012 10:15 AMPosted by Alyxz
The PTR may not be out true. But by the suggested changes, they aren't even looking into shadow priests. That's my issue.

Your issue is making assumptions and treating them like fact.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Shadow priests have been asking for help for some time now Nixxe. This issue is nothing new. The fact that it's still being ignored is frustrating. The fact that you're trying to pick a fight with me on the forums is confusing. Go troll someone else. I'm looking for some insight and suggested changes that could be made to improve shadow priests, not an agitator.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
12/29/2012 10:23 AMPosted by Alyxz
Shadow priests have been asking for help for some time now Nixxe. This issue is nothing new. The fact that it's still being ignored is frustrating. The fact that you're trying to pick a fight with me on the forums is confusing. Go troll someone else. I'm looking for some insight and suggested changes that could be made to improve shadow priests, not an agitator.

That's not what the OP or your sensationalist title say. There is a seven page thread on tge subject on page 2 if that's what you wish to discuss.

And for the record, I'm correcting you, not picking a fight.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Spriests are in a very good spot right now for PvP.
don't ruin that just because of some PVE'rs aren't happy.
Edited by Viiss on 12/29/2012 11:21 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest

We are not in a terrible spot for PvE either, we could use some tweaks but things are not as dire as a lot of people make it out to be.

And yes, we could just continue the same discussion we were having in the other thread, it's on page 2
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
12/29/2012 10:15 AMPosted by Alyxz
^This. Blizz has a bad track record in this regard, so it's best to be vocal now, rather than when it's too late.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
My suggestion to you is this, I see that your build is proc based "FDCL" & "Divine Insight" (which are wonderful for multiple targets because you get more blast and spike procs); you should try more 'single target' talents like mindbender and possibly switching out divine insight for another talent is the fight mechanics fit.

on fights where adds die throughout the encounter, twist of fate is better than DI. you can get extra orbs by using SWDeath on adds as they get low, and when you have the TOF buff active, every spell you cast gets that +15% for its entire duration (every tick of a SWP or VT, the damage dealt to every target by halo or cascade, and also all the DoT ticks of a DP cast).

even though the talent itself gets better with multiple targets, DI is generally only used for single target (or fights with multiple targets that don't die throughout the fight, like stone guard) because TOF so crazy once you have it up for 40-50% of a fight.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter

Well shadows are not in a good spot in pve, so don't ruin our chance to fix it just cus some PvPers may not be happy.

I swear you people have no respect for !@#$ that doesn't involve your little world.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
12/29/2012 09:48 AMPosted by Alyxz
I'm ilvl 490

I stopped reading there, I hate gear score :(
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
12/29/2012 02:26 PMPosted by Mindplague
I stopped reading there, I hate gear score :(

Thanks for the update.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
12/29/2012 03:11 PMPosted by Consite
Thanks for the update.

Any time.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
o_O

Uh...huh.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I love where spriests are atm, but that's just me and the minority
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
What's a Shadow priest?

Oh. That's the white thing on the bottom of Recount.

HAH. You play that.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]