Hybrid Tax
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warlock
Now 40% of the top arena teams in 2v2 are Shadow Priests, needs a nerf
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
12/30/2012 05:49 AMPosted by Nosterax
Now 40% of the top arena teams in 2v2 are Shadow Priests, needs a nerf

Blizzard gave up on trying to balance 2v2. It's why they turned it into the minor leagues.

12/30/2012 04:48 AMPosted by Hexenn
Hybrid Tax

No.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I agree that we need a buff. I took some time off, is it true that cool downs longer than 5 mins can't be use in arenas? A 6 min cool down would suffice.

I've heard using both FDCL and DI (along with the glyph) conflict too much. I swapped to mindbender and added a 1min c/d trinket macro. It helps.

I still think we're not getting any attention, at least on the ptr notes so far, because of the off healing we can do with GoDB glyph and L90 talents. This is the utility/hybrid tax ppl are claiming in PvE. I know my dps lacks a little bit because I cast PoM and renew on myself, but that's my choice since we have unlimited mana while healers don't.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
12/30/2012 07:50 AMPosted by Problydrunk
I've heard using both FDCL and DI (along with the glyph) conflict too much.

You heard wrong.
Reply Quote
It is pretty scary seeing the first wave of 5.2 patch notes come out with zero shadow priest updates...

maybe they are planning something big for us. (shadow priest green fire IMO)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I'm more geared than most of the DPS in my raid, and still yet to reach haste cap, yes, but it doesn't matter, mage whines about me getting trinket off elegon... He still kicks my !@# in DPS, the only fights I do good on is Spirit Kings, Elegon and Will of the Emperor... Everything else I'm sitting at the bottom or in the middle.

The funny thing is we can burst for a ton in the beginning, but sustaining it is a different story...
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
I find it weird that SP went from topping meters in DS (generally top 3 in 25m) to being the bottomfeeders and I dont recall an actual nerf being posted. I may be wrong. I don't mind being a raid utility (mana hymn, halo, vamp embrace, tranq with symbiosis) but right now SP can't seem to compete with any classes. The rankings don't lie (world of logs) not a SINGLE shadowpriest in the top 10 on ANY fight in this tier (10 mans). Simulationcraft posts SP as dead last vs. other classes (with everyone being in best in slot gear).

I'm very worried about 5.2 with there currently being zero mentions of shadowpriests, the worst dps class/spec of any other. Everyone crys when their dps/spec is the lowest, but no reason to make it the same class/spec two tiers in a row.
Edited by Angrybäby on 1/7/2013 5:26 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
There is two different sides to this story: PvP and PvE, I like doing both because I like getting into the whole game seeing as I haven't played it all that long compared to others.

PvP damage for spriests is really good right now I don't have problems with many classes (other than warriors obviously -.-) but I mean good players can give me challenging fights but for the most part I really can hold my own. And Im always either top or close to the top for damage.

PvE damage on the other hand like the other PvE'ers are saying its really terrible.

So you have Blizz seeing these two sides and don't know how to deal with one side without making the other ridiculously OP. Make single damage better for PvE well I'm already topping damage charts in PvP so adding more single target damage and well no need to explain. Nerf our damage to even out with other PvP classes and the PvE side just gets wrecked and there would be no point to PvE'ing shadow. Right now imo PvE is getting shafted hard (I don't mind sitting in the middle of the pack since the amount of utility we have but I understand the frustration).

TL;DR Blizz really needs to get a priest Dev Hey sign me up I would love to work for you guys, but its painfully clear you guys don't have anyone who mains as a priest (of any spec)
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
gem urself to the haste cap. it makes a huge difference
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
01/07/2013 11:52 PMPosted by Matheal
gem urself to the haste cap. it makes a huge difference

.... This is not always sound advice.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Priest
We are making some real progress over in the "Shadow Orb Generation Out of Combat" thread.

Here is the link...

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7591979295
Edited by Dreamskull on 1/8/2013 7:04 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Undead Priest
I don't know If/what your doing wrong, but I'm only ilevel 486ish and I am always in top 3 dps for raids, both single target and trash mobs. You might being using insanity, which I personally feel is not up to par, using mindbender, with a "Use" trinket is a very nice dps boost every minute. I use at "Use" Int buff with mindbender so when I cast it, I also cast devouring plaque as well as reapply my dots. Just an idea. But regardless, I feel Spriest DPS is just fine the way it is. Although I do think we have the lamest Mastery in the game.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Priest
01/08/2013 11:15 PMPosted by Soulreaveras
I don't know If/what your doing wrong, but I'm only ilevel 486ish and I am always in top 3 dps for raids, both single target and trash mobs. You might being using insanity, which I personally feel is not up to par, using mindbender, with a "Use" trinket is a very nice dps boost every minute. I use at "Use" Int buff with mindbender so when I cast it, I also cast devouring plaque as well as reapply my dots. Just an idea. But regardless, I feel Spriest DPS is just fine the way it is. Although I do think we have the lamest Mastery in the game.

Nobody was ever complaining about the first four bosses in normal MSV, which is all you've seen.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I hope we get a nerf, so all the FotM kiddies will GTFO my class!

:D
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest

We are not in a terrible spot for PvE either, we could use some tweaks but things are not as dire as a lot of people make it out to be.

And yes, we could just continue the same discussion we were having in the other thread, it's on page 2

Syn your most recent log show your average single target dps is 47k.

The other classes I raided with last night were doing 98 to 120k single target dps. I was doing 78k single target dps. I can't imagine coming to this forum under any circumstance with an average of 47k dps to give cheer to the current state of priests.

Priests melt faces in pvp but pve... not so much.

Lol I don't know what log you are looking at, since I was doing more single target than that when we started raiding this tier.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-187ihecjkgeaux28/

thats my most recent log. I am not the best priest in the world but my single target dps is quite a bit higher than that. Find the right logs perhaps before you open your mouth?

**edit

I should have checked before I responded to your drivel, Kirstenraye. I'm not surprised you don't know how to find the right log or interpret any you do find. Shame on me for letting you bait me.
Edited by Syn on 1/9/2013 3:06 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Hybrid tax silly. They say it doesn't exist but it does.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Priest
Syn: do you feel it is appropriate that your equally geared guildmates are doing 25% more single target DPS than you?

It will take you almost 9 minutes to do the damage that other classes are doing in 7. I'm sure this will be OK when you are wiping constantly on 7 minute enrage timers, right?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
I think class balance will never happen. We have our strengths and weaknesses. I've said we can use a slight buff, and we could.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]